• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that Injustice 2 was on sale virtually everywhere for PS4. I intend on only doing the single player stuff, and I know that people really enjoy the stories in these games. Should I start with the first one? It's only 4.99 on Steam. No idea how long these games are as well.

SLB1904

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not at all
Just watch the story on YouTube
Trust me buy this game
Is one of the best fighting games ever made

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
You don't really need to play the first one but if you can get it cheap then you might as well. It only takes a few hours to play through.

I think the first game's prequel comics are actually more important to the plot of Injustice 2 than the game itself, there's so many callbacks to those. They're all on sale on Comixology at the moment and I'd definitely recommend those, they're fantastic.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope! It's a total blast and you should totally give it a chance. It's possibly my favorite fighting game.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first game is pretty mediocre and the story in story mode is stupid trash.

Just play Injustice 2.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
First game has an amazing story.

Have not yet finished the 2nd one's story. 2nd game is worlds ahead in overall quality, so I wouldn't recommend the first.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Id watch the first in YouTube, it had some great scenes but it's not needed to enjoy i2 imo

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not at all
Just watch the story on YouTube
Trust me buy this game
Is one of the best fighting games ever made
I mean, Injustice 2 is fun & all, but I wouldn't go that far.

OP, just watch the first game's story on YouTube & jump to 2. And even then, IJ2's story does a decent job of catching you up.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
i actually didn't know that people play fighting games for the story.
There are plenty of people who dabble in fighting games and like them but not enough to want to play versus others in MP or competitively. Sometimes a story mode is enough of a push to want to pick one up. It's the only reason I picked up Injustice 2 today personally.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on sale - is the Ninja turtles dlc out yet? Couldn't find the page for it on the PSN store

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Just go ahead and grab Injustice 2. The game has lots of single-player content. Multiverse challenges, loot, etc. It's ridiculously addictive.

Oh and the PC port of Injustice 1 is kinda dodgy. Maybe you'd have better luck, but no matter how I tinkered with the settings, I'll always got frame-drops during matches.

Last edited:

Christor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the first two just to support a friend of mine who worked on it.
Turns out I'm addicted to both of them.
If you want to know the story, you can watch on YouTube or play it. It's pretty cool

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of people who dabble in fighting games and like them but not enough to want to play versus others in MP or competitively. Sometimes a story mode is enough of a push to want to pick one up. It's the only reason I picked up Injustice 2 today personally.

Yeah, same boat here. I'm not very good at fighting games and am super intimidated by hopping online and playing 1v1 against anyone competitively, but I still think fighting games are fun mechanically and can be engaging by yourself if the story mode is really good (Netherrealm fighting games, basically.)

AndersK

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark

Ditto. I simply don't hace the patience or mechanical skill to succeed in MP. I just wanna do the campaign and some arcade plus some local play.

20 bucks was the sweet spot!

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, there is a lot to do even if you just play single player, the multiverse might keep things fresh for you (all them felt like too much of a grind for me, personally)

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I got this game on sale too (physical though), it looks amazing and I am also interested in the story, I will try and find a synopsis for the story of the first game

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm the same way but I usually play arcade mode and whatnot, probably because DOA's story is dumb and MK's was too silly for me. I might have to grab this, though, especially since the story seems to be good and they have a great basis with their characters.

i586

Nov 3, 2017
Talking about dlc, is there any use for them besides VS and MP modes? I mean, there are trailers for them, is there a new story or something to play as single player with dlc characters ?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about dlc, is there any use for them besides VS and MP modes? I mean, there are trailers for them, is there a new story or something to play as single player with dlc characters ?

There's a very brief specific character ending for them in the multiverse tower like the kind you typically get in arcade modes. All characters have them.

They are the same functionally as every other playable character in the modes they show up or are usable in, including getting gear drops as well.

Oct 25, 2017
You'll probably want a recap, but all you really need to know it that Superman turned evil and recruited a bunch of other heroes to his side, and a bunch of heroes led by Batman and a more-normal universe's version of the Justice League teamed up to stop him.

I'm not sure how alive the multiplayer is, but there's plenty to do single-player.

i586

Nov 3, 2017
There's a very brief specific character ending for them in the multiverse tower like the kind you typically get in arcade modes. All characters have them.

They are the same functionally as every other playable character in the modes they show up or are usable in, including getting gear drops as well.

I see, thank you for the explanation 2n2

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Picked this up specifically to play through SP. Finished last night. I'm not big into fighting games but the story is kind of cool and the game itself if s lot of fun. One of the easier fighting games to pick up and play IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
You can watch the story on Youtube, but the first one is dope, too.

Injustice is legit one of the five or six best games this year, so no matter what, just get it anyway.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I purchased it this week and god, it's so good! I'm totally a newbie in this genre but i love it! Combat system is more easier than in MKX. Visuals are insane!

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
These sales are really making me waiting for the GoTY edition super hard.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They essentially recap things you missed in this game anyways... this is a Fighting Game, not a super deep narrative that is hard to grasp.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
And no you dont need to play Injustice 1 nor watch the youtube vids of the story at all to play this game. Now if you want to learn the universe (why certain heroes are missing) you want the comics

i actually didn't know that people play fighting games for the story.

NRS games and Arc System Works are the two game devs you want to purchase even if you never plan to set foot online. Injustice 2 still has some occasional events (like the recent Justice League event) that was cool.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly double dipped on this game for XB1X even though I have it on PS4 Pro just because of how amazing it is

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you want the game for the story alone just buy the base game, no point on getting the extra character packs since they add nothing to the story.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Play? No.

Get a gist of? Helps a lot.

Plenty of YouTube runs of the first game's story. This is a direct sequel, and some events happened in the comic book series which has been reviewed quite well and has continued to be successful since the first game's debut. I do highly recommend, at the very least, exposing yourself to the first game's story before playing Injustice 2, even if it's not necessarily required to understand the INJ2 story itself -- it helps provide a lot of good context and I honestly think it's one of the more fun DC stories told in any medium, even if I have a hard time watching my boy Supes fall from grace so hard.