• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
rlnmw3mug6c71.png

And this is what's on SteamDB.

"Added file – Asset/ui_c_upsellButtonLib.xxx (544.00 KiB)

Added file – Asset/ui_s_Upsell_InGameCom.xxx (64.00 KiB)

Added file – Asset/ui_s_Upsell.xxx (32.00 KiB)

Removed file – Binaries/Retail/ChromaAppInfo.xml (364 B)

Everything else modified 40+gb"

They're preparing to add some ads into the game for their next super hero game, and since I really don't see them adding ads for a Marvel game inside a DC game, it's either Injustice 3 or DC v Marvel. Most likely Injustice 3 tho.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So yeah, their next game is probably DC-related (probably Injustice 3, as you said). I guess DC vs. Marvel could still be possible, but that sounds like a tall order from a negotiation standpoint (even for Ed).

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
They just rounded up Mortal Kombat any ad for a next game seems way too early.

That said, I can't wait for Injustice 3. Injustice 2 was one of my favorite fighting games for someone never really playing against online folks.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They just rounded up Mortal Kombat any ad for a next game seems way too early.

That said, I can't wait for Injustice 3. Injustice 2 was one of my favorite fighting games for someone never really playing against online folks.
They're likely setting the stage to push those ads once the next game is announced.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Let's hope it's related to their next game and that it will be announced soon enough.
Please don't start teasing shit if your announcement is in December, it was painful enough for Gotham Knights.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
What if Injustice 3 is just Marvel vs DC since Injustice is a multiverse story anyway

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
nooo the marvel dream is dead

There's a 0.0001 possibility that Ed Boon is such a massive troll and WB is such in deep shit that they'll allowed ads for a Marvel game inside IJ2. In the end, most of the money will still go their way.

Or maybe, the Marvel game is part considered part of the Injustice franchise, like Injustice : Marvel or some shit

(It's Injustice 3 and I'm just grasping at straws, I know)

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be fine with injustice 3 or a vs game with marvel. The studio hasn't let me down yet.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
rlnmw3mug6c71.png

And this is what's on SteamDB.

"Added file – Asset/ui_c_upsellButtonLib.xxx (544.00 KiB)

Added file – Asset/ui_s_Upsell_InGameCom.xxx (64.00 KiB)

Added file – Asset/ui_s_Upsell.xxx (32.00 KiB)

Removed file – Binaries/Retail/ChromaAppInfo.xml (364 B)

Everything else modified 40+gb"

They're preparing to add some ads into the game for their next super hero game, and since I really don't see them adding ads for a Marvel game inside a DC game, it's either Injustice 3 or DC v Marvel. Most likely Injustice 3 tho.

If straight up DC vs Marvel can't happen, then the best compromise would be Marvel DLC guest characters. Obvious candidates would be OG Avengers like Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Black Widow. As well as popular characters like Jean Grey, Wolverine, Spidey, etc.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If it's DC only, as I'm expecting now, I want a huge shakeup to gameplay, movesets, and story. Since Injustice is their thing, my guess is it will be a straight sequel.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Someone brought this to my attention, but what if this is an advertisement for the Injustice animated movie? Then again, that won't be for a good long while.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Someone brought this to my attention, but what if this is an advertisement for the Injustice animated movie?

Didn't think about that. It's supposed to release in Fall so we should get a trailer soonish

But at the same time, MK11 never had any ads for the MK animated movies nor the live-action one