• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha.. this'd be funny as hell if it wasn't so sad that the, most likely, straight white male that signed off on this didn't have the mental capacity to figure out that this is kinda... not great.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first half of the thread title had me clicking on it hoping they fix ally did the right thing and added Batwoman.

Them I stopped read it, read the op and the only thing I can wonder isn't even the stupidity of the event but more so how it possibly got through multiple people with no one realizing it was a bad idea.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say that Injustice 2 console version events are just repeating themselves for the past few years, so I thought this was just a bad chance that happened.

But nope lol completely on purpose for this version, wtf

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
giphy.gif

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh, I didn't know Poison Ivy was LGTB. Wow, that's very tone deaf from them, surely they could've thought of a different way to highlight characters?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Symbolic of corporations literally beating the LGBT into their woke brands, but I don't believe that was intentional. :p

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously could have just been to do something *as* the LGBT character what the fuck

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Holy. Shit.

They said that with their whole chest huh.

And the fact that they've left it up for two hours with the response on twitter calling them out... gross.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for laughing at this but I can't get over how tone deaf it truly is

like oh my god they're literally celebrating pride month by having players beat the shit out of an LGBT+ character

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They could have easily had an event with wins as Poison Ivy but instead they did the worst possible option.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
That's not just tone deaf. That's thinly veiled incitement for violence against a group that faces regular discrimination, backed by a corporate sponsor. I'd strongly encourage reporting the tweet to bring this to Twitter's attention and demand some accountability.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
If you wonder why an industry dominated by straight white males is an issue this should be an easy pointer among many other examples.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's super tone-deaf but I really don't think it was made as "YEAH FUCK LGBT GO OUT THERE AND BEAT THEM"
They most likely didn't think this through at all

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Considering this version of Injustice 2 has team based gameplay, the challenge could've been getting wins as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy or something. But no, this is the shit they decide to do instead.
It's super tone-deaf but I really don't think it was made as "YEAH FUCK LGBT GO OUT THERE AND BEAT THEM"
They most likely didn't think this through at all
That's the problem. No thinks it was intentional, but the fact they didn't think this looked bad is troubling.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
These events are being worked on for weeks or months prior. How did this go through?

Oct 25, 2017
The first half of the thread title had me clicking on it hoping they fix ally did the right thing and added Batwoman.

Them I stopped read it, read the op and the only thing I can wonder isn't even the stupidity of the event but more so how it possibly got through multiple people with no one realizing it was a bad idea.

She's been in for years

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
If you wonder why an industry dominated by straight white males is an issue this should be an easy pointer among many other examples.

This probably wouldn't have happened if an LGBT person had a say but this is still inexcusable, you legit either did this on purpose or you're an idiot. Doesn't matter if you're straight or not, no excuse.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I came in thinking this wasn't specifically tied to pride and you just happened to be fighting a LGBT villain during Pride month. In that instance, I would've said this isn't newsworthy.

....But wow. They TIED it to pride themselves? WHYYYYYY?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is such a clear and obvious fuck up that would take any queer person less than five seconds to shut down, so clearly some straight white guy went "yeah, let's run with it!"