• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update Jan 23rd 2019

The game was featured in today's Nintendo Indie Highlights video. Coming to "First" to Nintendo Switch this year. The timed exclusivity deal with Nintendo will not impact the already announced PC release.

---

Original Post

https://blog.chucklefish.org/introducing-inmost/

Set partly in an old abandoned castle, you'll need to explore every nook and cranny, avoid detection, slice your way through enemies and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that lurks within… You may even discover a secret passage if you look close enough. Inmost feels ghoulishly atmospheric to play, and features some truly beautiful pixel art design. You can really tell that each pixel has been placed with the upmost love, care and attention to detail.

Looks fantastic. The shadowy aggressor in the media above brings back great memories of Heart of Darkness.

PC only for right now but I imagine that will be expanded upon over time.

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Gorgeous GIFs from the site

gif9-1.gif
gif11-1.gif

gif6-1.gif
gif3-1.gif

gif4-1.gif
gif8-1.gif

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
I downloaded an alpha build a few months back (which seems to have disappeared). There was quite a bit of trial-and-error to the gameplay and the controls still needed some work, but it seemed very promising.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I'm getting this.

Reminds me, I need a new PC just to play Starbound. My PCs be so old. I need to step my game up.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great but given the animations it seems the action is quite a bit context-sensitive, similar to Out of This World/Heart Of Darkness, you don't seem to have full control. Not necessarily a bad thing.

BeerMan

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Explore every nook and crany, so is this a metroidvania or a linear platformer?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
I would preorder this right now if I could. Usually I want to know the gameplay is solid before I do that, but sometimes the art is so amazing I just want to support the developer.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Steam listing is up.

Something is lurking in the shadows...
Inmost is an atmospheric, story-driven puzzle platformer, following three playable characters within one dark, interconnecting story.

A mysterious story...
A Knight sworn to the forces of darkness. A creature which feeds on pain. A young girl all alone.

One interconnecting tale of suffering, sacrifice, and the family in the middle of it all...

Uncover the darkness...
In an old abandoned castle, you'll need to explore every nook and cranny, avoid detection, slice through enemies and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that lurks within…

Features
  • A ghoulishly atmospheric, yet beautiful pixel art world
  • Three main characters, each with their own unique gameplay styles
  • One interweaving story, set across two worlds
  • Scale the environment by sneaking past enemies, luring them into deadly traps, solving puzzles and slicing down foes
  • Explore every inch of the world to find secret passages
  • Each pixel is placed with love!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The game was featured in today's Nintendo Indie Highlights video. Coming to "First" to Nintendo Switch this year.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of this before but it looks awesome, definitely keeping an eye on it.

Miaus

Jan 28, 2018
Looks great, Chucklefish is one of my favorites publishers right now, and I look forward to everything they make.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great but the gameplay could be very trial and error and reminiscent of Dragon's Lair or Out Of This World, a little too scripted without being able to always know when you can interact or not. I hope you have control 95% of the time.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Interview with Alexey Testov (Game Designer and Artist) about Inmost.

https://apptrigger.com/2019/01/30/inmost-interview/

AT: Congrats on being featured by Nintendo in their Indie Highlights showcase! How has working with Chucklefish been? How has the response been to your game so far?

Chucklefish are incredible! They're helping us so much, and we are sincerely grateful to them for that. Thanks to them we were able to show our game at EGX Birmingham where we met a lot of wonderful people, including guys from Nintendo Europe. Of course thanks to them the release on Nintendo Switch is now possible.

The best part is that they're not just some guys in jackets who only do business. They actually love games, just like us.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I'm hearing about this game. The pitch and visuals look incredible, definitely going to be following the release of this very closely.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm not really a fan of the visuals (piles of color overlays are too often used as a shortcut to 'art direction'), but if the gameplay has a good hook I will definitely be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.