• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
When will they learn?
f30.gif

This x 100

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Hmm
From the scorpion head rip screenshot, this not a simple hd remake. That level is not in mk1 but in mk2.
Actually its a mix of 2 stages from mk2

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this was even a thing. Like most MUGEN games that aren't just asset flips everyone else ripped for typical MUGEN shit, I figured this died off.

MK1 characters can fight in MK2 stages in MK Trilogy. Also, these are all test shots. Nothing is set in stone, really.
But the MK1 characters were based on their appearances in 3/Ultimate 3, not the first game.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I forgot this was even a thing. Like most MUGEN games that aren't just asset flips everyone else ripped for typical MUGEN shit, I figured this died off.

But the MK1 characters were based on their appearances in 3/Ultimate 3, not the first game.
In the psx version you could use old models of the characters. But it was weird as they did not update them and they did not have running animation. They were just floating fast. That version had more characters but was a mess of reused asset. The loading times were atrocious also with loading before each fight. The n64 was better even with less content.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I promise you they didn't announce anything... yet (they plan to announce it next year). This is just me stumbling upon a WIP project somewhere out there. Like I said, this is a very old project and I stumbled upon it accidentally.
My theory: this is just something that's pretending to be a 'fan project' until 2019. It'll be revealed he was working with Boon and other devs the entire time. Kind of just an out there theory, but...possible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The n64 was better even with less content.
Also, N64 was ported by Midway themselves. The rest were created by other studios. They had no intentions to do MK Trilogy as they were busy working on MK4. For the PSX launch, they wanted a new MK so this Trilogy was quickly assembled, taking advantage of all the room they can amass. There is a "final" version/update released for all console that has most of the bugs fixed and gameplay balancced, but I doubt I've played it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
In the psx version you could use old models of the characters. But it was weird as they did not update them and they did not have running animation. They were just floating fast. That version had more characters but was a mess of reused asset. The loading times were atrocious also with loading before each fight. The n64 was better even with less content.
Wasn't aware. I thought the only difference between the two were the Chameleon/Khameleon thing going on with the ninjas.I had the N64 version, so that's where most of my experience came from.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
110% they know the game will never finish / its not good so they want to be C&D'd to save face

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Wasn't aware. I thought the only difference between the two were the Chameleon/Khameleon thing going on with the ninjas.I had the N64 version, so that's where most of my experience came from.
They were very different version. On top of the previous games character versions, Kintaro was playable. I had both but always defaulted to n64 cause psx felt like some mugen stuff assembled at the last minute.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when that game bombed and the dev team had to close, re-open and fund their expansions through crowdfunding

Maybe if you said Brawlhalla or Rivals of Aether you would've had an argument
Yeah I also remember when their publisher had all their money tied up in a totally unrelated lawsuit.
Who the hell will buy an indie fighting ip without waifus
Probably not inaccurate.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This the mk I want, not all the over complicated bullshit where I go online and just get hit by 3 40% combos in a row where I'm just watching someone else play the game.

giblet

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The devs were already asked to stop and were asked to no longer work on the project. They then suddenly came back with a new company formed by a handful of the artists and programmers. The rumour is this has official support now but they can no longer show it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The devs were already asked to stop and were asked to no longer work on the project. They then suddenly came back with a new company formed by a handful of the artists and programmers. The rumour is this has official support now but they can no longer show it.
Also, the stage backdrop was used by MK marketing at an event last year with permission.

EDIT: Dayum

zhewtaJ.gif

Last edited:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Mortal Kombat at 60FPS and Shang Tsung's jumpy head tracking mesmerizes me for some reason.

"I'm going to follow the action, but only in 30-degree increments!"

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at people thinking WB is going to C&D a fan made Mugen project.

Barely anyone knows this exists, even fewer will even play it, and no one will profit off it. It's fucking mugen.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So... you're saying we have a chance for Mortal Kombat Mania?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
God, I hope Ed pushes for Warner to give the go ahead on releasing this officially.