• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, this has to be a Naughty Dog / Rockstar thread. The detail put into a game like GTAV is almost incomprehensible.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Breath of the Wild. Shooting a fire arrow at an apple on a tree to make a baked apple. Setting fire to a barrel to cook the contents inside. Hold a fire weapon to keep warm in the cold climates. Throw metal at enemies in a thunder storm to hit them with lightning. Many really neat details that surprise you.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1506312768243.png
Saiyoris Hands are bloody/hurt. Indicating - although she hung herself - it didn't quite work like it was supposed to. So she war hurting her hands while trying to loose the rope around her neck as the survival instinct kicked in. It is an insane little detail I guess.

Last edited:

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MGS3

Rotate Snake in pause menu and he throws up

Eat a snake in the game and it shows him eating it

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
In System Shock your head tilts forward when you start to run, and jerks back a bit when you stop. If you run in a tight circle, you lean a bit towards the center. If you bump into something or fire a big gun you jerk back a little.

Also, you can control your eyes independently of your head. Probably a bit too detailed with the movement controls.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I've been playing Yoshi's Island for years now and every time I see something new. Like how melon seeds bending downwards, frogs and birds hopping around, the background smileys, the disgusted look on Orange Yoshi when Froggy poops him out, etc.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In Planescape: Torment you can meet the personification of the letter O in a bar and chat with him.

Dec 2, 2017
In The Last of Us in Pittsburgh the amount of houses and shops and that that are like fully detailed, able to be explored, even when they're not used for story or combat encounters or anything, they might just have a single bit of scrap or something.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I think Breath of The Wild might be the new king of small details. But Rockstar and Naughty Dog games are certainly up there.

Nathan's realistic shirt physics still blow my mind.
U4shirt.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this has to be a Naughty Dog / Rockstar thread. The detail put into a game like GTAV is almost incomprehensible.

Aye, my missus that has no interest in video games once asked me "how do they do this?" as I hitched a ride on the back of the train in gta v and did a lap of the world. Absolute masters of their craft.

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
In Planescape: Torment you can meet the personification of the letter O in a bar and chat with him.
This. He's even nice enough to give you a small glimpse into the secrets of existence, thus giving you a nice permanent boost to your wisdom. You can also use a fake name during many dialog situations throughout the game. Doing this leads to some strange events
Keep using this fake name, and a man with the same fake name will be willed into existence inside the same bar you meet O at. Talk to him (but make sure you don't tell him that he's technically a figment of your imagination) and he'll give you some money, a ring, and a nice dagger he just happened to have on him because you can spontaneously will those into existence as well (if you're clever enough).

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The wind in BotW it's insane, it determines where the clouds go, how the grass move, and depending on every object's weight, how the object it's affected by it.

Oct 27, 2017
1506312768243.png
Saiyoris Hands are bloody/hurt. Indicating - although she hung herself - it didn't quite work like it was supposed to. So she war hurting her hands while trying to loose the rope around her neck as the survival instinct kicked in. It is an insane little detail I guess.

I'd recommend trigger warning that since the photo is a bit....much.

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Weight distribuiton in BotW works as in does in real life, hold up an object and move Link to a slanted surface and he will position his legs accordingly, same goes for balance center of objects, you can cut a tree slightly then climb Link on it and it will start to fall because of Link's weight.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In Kingdom Hearts 1, if you stand on the scale in the Item Shop than it will show Sora's weight.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
There are parking meters in Infamous Second Son, if you destroy them coins scatter around. Each of the coins has a face and text detailed into it. Blew my mind.

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield Hardlines campaign levels were incredibly detailed.

Favorite example is when you're in a building in one mission, all of the monitors and computers had cables plugged into them. Monitor has a cable to computer and an outlet extender, and the computer has a cable to the outlet extender, which the extender is plugged into an outlet on the floor.

ea4b58ca-8450-421e-933d-728f0f51697f.PNG

and who could forget the burger
GO17DGW.jpg

MrBoBo

Nov 6, 2017
In Total War: Shogun 2 you could zoom down to troops and here them having conversations (in Japanese) when idle.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
That dialog naturally resuming after being interrupted in UC4 is awesome.

One of my biggest pet peeves is being afraid to do anything in a game while ambient dialog is happening because it will cut off the dialog and I'll miss it.