• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the episode again and this one just flies by with a super abrupt ending. I did notice that the Issa dancing like she's having a seizure joke came back around in the last scene.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I agree with Molly handling things correctly and her and Issa being on different pgs. right now. She cooked for Andrew (even if she put too much salt in the gumbo), it just seemed like family was a sensitive subject but he was ready to open up by the end. Show continues to nail the music transitions, that closing song having a line about growing apart was perfect. Being a music supervisor for a TV show seems like a dope job if you have the talent for ketchup.

Also Molly was right about her co-worker. You really not going to close the door?

Biggest shock of the episode was Lawrence putting mayonnaise on his fries.

If I saw right, that sketch of Latoya in the fake show seemed to be done in crayon. "They never find us"

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree with Molly handling things correctly and her and Issa being on different pgs. right now. She cooked for Andrew (even if she put too much salt in the gumbo), it just seemed like family was a sensitive subject but he was ready to open up by the end. Show continues to nail the music transitions, that closing song having a line about growing apart was perfect. Being a music supervisor for a TV show seems like a dope job if you have the talent for ketchup.

Also Molly was right about her co-worker. You really not going to close the door?

Biggest shock of the episode was Lawrence putting mayonnaise on his fries.

If I saw right, that sketch of Latoya in the fake show seemed to be done in crayon. "They never find us"
The Mayo was a bigger surprise than Martin Lawrence?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on S3, this show is so good the soundtrack is always on point đź‘Ś

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!
Lowkey Thankful

While Molly's family celebrates Thanksgiving together, Issa and Ahmal decide to do their own thing. Meanwhile, when Lawrence joins Friendsgiving at Condola's house, the new couple breaks some awkward ground.

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
I'm gonna be really upset if:

we came 4 seasons for Issa's growth just for her to get back with Lawrence. Super disappointed.

also, Issa was super outta line in this episode with Molly

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Lawrence was me about to ask for a raise right before this pandemic hit, now I'm just lucky to have a job.

Great episode, but I wanted to roast my dude's shirt.

All the dinners were fun. Like watching Molly's family. Nice to see more of Issa's brother. Apparently Kelli and Trina (Issa's tenant) are friends.

With that said, I'm about to go slide in some DMs like

86b68992a22f17d2-water-slide-gifs-search-find-make-share-gfycat-gifs.gif

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Nailed it again with the closing song, Mya's 'Case of the Ex' was a perfect choice.

Both Lawrence and Issa have grown, but I don't know if I want the road for them back together to be that soon. Even if he is now finding leaks in the Condoloa relationship like he was with her sink. Thanks drunk Robin Theade.

Chad is funny as hell, but Lawrence is right. Bradley Cooper is doing fine.

Issa and her brother have good chemistry together, lol @ fukk adult twins.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. This is the most likable her brother has been since the show started, really enjoyed them spending time together.

As for Lawrence, dude needs to chill... or does he? Honestly I dunno, maybe they should get back together at some point. Or maybe I'm crazy.

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. This is the most likable her brother has been since the show started, really enjoyed them spending time together.

As for Lawrence, dude needs to chill... or does he? Honestly I dunno, maybe they should get back together at some point. Or maybe I'm crazy.
With the sole exception of that time he fucked up with Aparna, he doesn't miss.

Dude thinking he's in a relationship. All of the sudden he's in glorified divorce rebound territory. His question was fair. Condola's wasn't.

Issa and Molly's brothers were great.
Imma be laughing at Dads are niggas too for days.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Why does she need a guy to grow? Those guys did nothing for her but she was still able to grow without Lawrence. Lawrence held her back by slumping around on the couch.
I didn't say that.

My point is, back to Lawrence wouldn't really be a step down especially after everything she said tonight.

I'm not saying she NEEDS a guy, but she definitely wants one at some point.

Also, what was Issa trying to do personally or professionally that she couldn't because of Lawrence?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Another awesome episode. The show just hits all the right beats.

The tension between Molly and Issa is great. It feels natural, and it's easy to see where each of them is coming from.

Condola and Lawrence is starting to show cracks already. Condola was really unfair to him, and it doesn't help that her friend was so dismissive of their relationship.

Personally, I'd really like to see Lawrence and Issa get back together sometime in the future. They have great chemistry, and they both have careers and goals to move towards. There's unexplored territory in their relationship and I think they're both curious to see what could be.

Oct 25, 2017
Another awesome episode. The show just hits all the right beats.

The tension between Molly and Issa is great. It feels natural, and it's easy to see where each of them is coming from.

Condola and Lawrence is starting to show cracks already. Condola was really unfair to him, and it doesn't help that her friend was so dismissive of their relationship.

Personally, I'd really like to see Lawrence and Issa get back together sometime in the future. They have great chemistry, and they both have careers and goals to move towards. There's unexplored territory in their relationship and I think they're both curious to see what could be.
I like seeing them as friends for now which is a reminder of why the relationship worked since they were introduced together on a bad note. But yeah, we'll probably get there when we get there. Before we found out about Condola (which autocorrected to condoms on my phone) they were generally being friendly and had at least one lunch together, and that scene saved what the only bad episode this show has ever had back in season 3.

Oct 25, 2017
The pushing off hard conversations stuff feels so real lol.

I like seeing them as friends for now which is a reminder of why the relationship worked since they were introduced together on a bad note. But yeah, we'll probably get there when we get there. Before we found out about Condola (which autocorrected to condoms on my phone) they were generally being friendly and had at least one lunch together, and that scene saved what the only bad episode this show has ever had back in season 3.
Which episode?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
imagine calling your ex, setting up a meeting, a secret meeting, just to tell her "dOnT tAlK aBoUt MeEeEe"

the amount of insecurity displayed by Lawrence...

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

Lowkey Losin' It

The girls get together to help Tiffany (Amanda Seales) with her new baby girl. Later, Issa (Issa Rae) struggles to finalize key details for the block party and turns to Molly (Yvonne Orji) to leverage Andrew's (Alexander Hodge) connections.

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp, the show has been balancing the whole who's more in the wrong thing and while I think people have been more critical of Molly, I think Issa's been more in the wrong this whole time. The first big criticism came from a place of love knowing the Condola thing would get messy and it sort of has, not saying Issa should've stopped working with her, but Molly can still be right in that instance. And then Issa just blowing off those talks Molly wanted to have at least three times now over the course of months.

I wonder if Lawrence and Condola broke up
Same.

A little shitty if she's been blowing Issa off tho.

I hate that "I gotta tell you something" then the phone rings trope. Especially if each episode is a month apart.

Funniest part of the episode was Derek's speech realizing his past.

Oct 25, 2017
Issa's definitely drifting with her focus being on the block party. Molly's the one actually trying to repair parts of her life.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I feel like they have been showing Molly/Issa both being at fault this season and on different pages like in the parking spot situation. With both of them defaulting to the old version of their friend, and not really seeing how they might have changed.

Issa's conversation with Mirror Issa was funny, and damn at not being able to take a shower to relax after a stressful day.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Issa was out of line this episode. She keeps blowing off Molly and she knows things are tense between them, but she still had the guts to ask for that kind of favor. Total mess.

Still, Molly could have just given Andrew's number and let Issa ask him herself, so she she's not without fault either.

Lawrence convo was the only thing i didnt like about this episode.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, the drift between Molly and Issa is painful to watch, but also quite realistic. I love this season so far

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Molly has so far been engaging with all her relationships in a healthy way. She takes feedback and improves. It's just with Issa that shit cray.

We've all called Molly picky in the past, but some of the comments Issa has made are totally out of line.

Grizzo

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I loved when Issa started writing a DM to Beyoncé and eventually decided against it, that was a funny joke

"My final wish is..."

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Molly has so far been engaging with all her relationships in a healthy way. She takes feedback and improves. It's just with Issa that shit cray.

We've all called Molly picky in the past, but some of the comments Issa has made are totally out of line.
I only judge Molly for what she did to Jared. Somehow that good a dude brings out the worse in her and then I was reminded that she had sex with Dro at Tiffany's birthday dinner while his wife was upstairs. Even in an open relationship, that was just weird.

But for the most part she's been improving. A little judgy, but getting better.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up last night and fuck the writing is so good. The miscommunication and subsequent devolving of Issa and Molly's relationship feels so real and natural.