• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deified Data

Oct 28, 2017
No, this is not normal. Quit trying to imply blatant corruption should be normalized or accepted. There's also a difference between "favoring" and literally giving control of your party finances to a candidate before they win. This is definately not normal.
I did not imply it should be accepted. Quite the opposite, actually.

He can be Satan incarnate; l don't give a shit.

Just give me the gov't leaks and transparency. That's what I care about. I don't care about Assange.
What if those leaks are very selective and obviously biased towards one side? Do they still have value?

Oct 25, 2017
This is anecdotal support. I could show you all sorts of vile things posted by Hillary supporters in 2016, including some posters here. Polls pegged Bernie supporters as least racist. I am sure there were some bad apples but I did not experience the "Bernie Bro" phenomenon online myself (edit- not in any widespread way!). It's a clear attempt to discredit the man's movement and to silence his diverse supporters.

Ok, tell you what. Lets start with an elephant in the room I know pigeon is going to love to see me ask you: Why do a certain troubling section of Bernie fans claim to want to make the Democratic Party more progressive yet say they like Tulsi Gabbard? That seems contradictory to me.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
When Bernie loses to Trump in 2020 we're going to have some real good threads

They're just going to be how the DNC sabotaged him.

He motivated lots of people what the fuck are you talking about lol.

I thought it was pretty clear in context that it is in comparison to people who voted for Clinton, the most hated politician in the country with decades of scandals behind her and was under FBI investigation at the time.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You said "Many" of the people who complained about Hillary. Not "A few names". "Many". Do you have polling statistics to back this up?
This is about as productive as trying to find a polling number that paints enough Bernie supporters as racists in order to justify using blanket derogatory labels like Bernie Bros

Other

Oct 28, 2017
I actually disagree here. The only negative connotations are from people who don't believe the problem even exists. And a lot of the time they're the ones we're describing with the term in the first place.

The fact that people deny the issue doesn't mean it isn't there and that we shouldn't use terms that describe it. If we applied this stuff to say, climate change, we'd be equally in the wrong. We need better reasons to disregard a word that describes a real phenomena.
It doesn't describe a real phenomena, it's not even original, it's just a garbage ass reuse of Obamaboy from 2007 from the same unoriginal people. It's pure propaganda meant to smear the left and you've either brought into it hook, line and sinker or you're willing perpetuating it knowing how full of shit it is

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You said "Many" of the people who complained about Hillary. Not "A few names". "Many". Do you have polling statistics to back this up?
I don't need polling to back it up. I didn't say most. I didn't say 100%. I said many and I listed a few prominent ones. I even forgot to put Cornel West on there. You got your citations.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
This is a good article and is clearly newsworthy. Unfortunately, threads like these have a habit of devolving into a toxic mess, and this one has already gotten out of hand. We're going to try this thread again, and we're going to do it without unnecessary discussion of "Bernie Bros", whether or not "identity politics" were ignored. Keep it civil, don't accuse others of being insincere, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.