• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
The haptic stuff sounds cool if it can be very well integrated as a solid gameplay mechanic.

As someone who always turns off rumble (can't lower intensity) in shooters due to it affecting my aim, haptics sounds like a God sent. a little pulse from an angle to perceive information on where a shot came from instead of having to get visual or audio cues sound like something that could be very neat.

Basically, Rumble does nothing but vibrate which only gives a feeling that something is happening and can be quite useless without subtlety and information.
Haptics on the other hand can be a lot more flexible and provide a solid form of information due to various levels of feedback that can be emulated, just from the controller alone.

If any respawn/Ubi devs in here, please implement this 😅

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hey sorry to ask about this in this thread but since it's about DualSense features and you're from Activision... Do you happen to know whether Black Ops Cold War will support adaptive triggers? Haptic feedback was mentioned somewhere. I have no idea which team you're on but thought I'd ask just in case you know :D

Yes, it does.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
What games have you played with haptic feedback on Switch?

At least try it before writing it off.
Honestly I think people will be playing games at a disadvantage with turning those features off next gen because the new rumble is directional, on top of not just having visual cues on gun animations.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Please add gyro aiming. Jstevenson I know you're reading this
Please don't, we don't need any more of these gimmicks and features. And while you're at it get rid of these darned analog sticks. In fact give me one set of directional buttons and a look modifier button and let me game in peace!

/s

This thread lol. I hope everyone at least tries out the DualSense features. That's why they're packing in Astrobot on every console as a showcase of it all. Honestly the takes on here from others.. if you try it out and hate it, fair enough, but being so weirdly stubborn as to switch it off immediately and never even experience it.. just weird. DualSense, SSD, audio and then graphics and new OS features are all what's hyping me up for next gen, in that order. Cannot wait!

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Was it very strong and how loud were the drivers buzz?

I love the haptic sensation on the Steam Controller for roller ball (this is required to get a feel of a spinning ball with mouse look on the touch pad). However Steam Controller's simulated rumble is so violent and loud, even on it's low settings that I contemplate just turning it off. I believe Dual Sense will handle it more like Steam Controller's roller ball feel than it's experimental* rumble simulation.

I think it will mimic the Switch's HD rumble moreso then the Steam Controller.

I love my Steam Controller but man does it feel like a prototype without the concumer-ready polish.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
Hopefully it will be $60 with too much content, challenges and high replay value.

I.e like the new Crash.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Love all about this.

A collection consisting of:
- Tools of Destruction
- Quest for Booty
- A Crack in Time
- Into the Nexus

Would be sweet too and get everyone up to speed on the Dimensionator.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Love all about this.

A collection consisting of:
- Tools of Destruction
- Quest for Booty
- A Crack in Time
- Into the Nexus

Would be sweet too and get everyone up to speed on the Dimensionator.
That would go a long way in convincing me to pick up a PS5 sooner rather than later.