• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there any reason why people are "predicting" alan wake? pls don't get my hopes up if its just completely baseless speculation LOL
Remedy got the full publishing rights to the first game so it's safe to think Remedy would make a Alan Wake remaster/remake for modern platforms to potentially prepare people for Alan Wake 2.
Remedy now has the rights to Alan Wake as of like last year I think. They could make Alan Wake 2 with any publisher they wanted, doesn't have to be Microsoft anymore
Remedy already had the IP rights to Alan Wake and could've made a sequel with any publisher once MS turned their sequel pitch down. Problem has been that no publisher was willing to fund an IP they didn't own and the only game wasn't a mega seller.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Man, again, if you want to believe that Capcom needed Sony to fund a 8+ million bestseller sequel I can't help it.

I don't.

It was a "regular" exclusive, plain and simple, and they said Sony funded it.

Technically you could say it for lots other exclusive games and people would be asking "Source??" on forums if someone debates it.

"Regular" exclusive as in paid for exclusivity + paid for funding.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I highly doubt Series X launches any month other than November. Didn't their site also temporarily say "Thanksgiving 2020".

May 10, 2019
I'm still holding on hope that Gearbox will show the next Brothers in Arms even if it's just next gen. From this article back in August said it's happening and will continue with the Matthew Baker story.

Article

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Remedy now has the rights to Alan Wake as of like last year I think. They could make Alan Wake 2 with any publisher they wanted, doesn't have to be Microsoft anymore

Considering that
Allan wake is in control and the second dlc is Allan wake themed and that is on PS4
this is a safe assumption.

Oct 24, 2019
Alan Wake 2 was never contingent upon Remedy & MS's relationship after MS refused their sequel pitch. An Alan Wake 2 could've been made years ago.

Yes, I know, you're @ing the wrong person.

Stef said they can't see an Alan Wake remaster/remake or Alan Wake 2 happening any time soon because of the distance between Remedy and Microsoft these days.

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
The tweet definitely makes me think this is going to be 3rd party games only. Not a terrible thing but I would much prefer to see first party games. I hope they are going to at least show us true next gen versions of the games.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, when did "marketing rights" become fuel for the console wars? It feels like the most extreme version of grasping at straws. Its like "haha this game is coming out for both systems but MY favorite company gets to put out trailers!, suck it nerds!"
When exclusive DLC and content hold backs because of these deals started materializing. Really hate that stuff.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I know, you're @ing the wrong person.

Stef said they can't see an Alan Wake remaster/remake or Alan Wake 2 happening any time soon because of the distance between Remedy and Microsoft these days.
I was further expanding your post. Although I realized afterwards how my post could seem like it was conflicting with yours when it wasn't.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok, no worries! I was confused for a second lol, glad we're on the same page though
Yeah, I wanted to expand the rights part of Alan Wake, because Remedy has always owned the IP rights. It was specifically the publishing rights of the first game that MS owned that reverted back to Remedy about a year and a half ago.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
Hey! Do you know something about Microsoft games? :)
No info on games. Devkit name is dante. Developers can bootup in any mode they want like series x or Lockhart. They can profile their games on both with ease. Xbox has developed a tool called pixie which can give rough estimate on how things will run on series x , Lockhart or a pc.

This is all the info I have plus 3.8ghz cpu speed was decided in December after initial testing.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
No info on games. Devkit name is dante. Developers can bootup in any mode they want like series x or Lockhart. They can profile their games on both with ease. Xbox has developed a tool called pixie which can give rough estimate on how things will run on series x , Lockhart or a pc.

This is all the info I have plus 3.8ghz cpu speed was decided in December after initial testing.
Nice info. Confirms what I suspect. Dante will be the main devkit for both XSX and Lockhart just as Chukwalla was for X1X and X1S. Do you know Lockhart's specs?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Great. Thanks a lot for the info.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Nice.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
inside xbox is generally terrible and hard to watch so hopefully they just have a video of games and not much cringey jokes or acts

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Y'all, it's not coming early. Microsoft probably just saw how the coronavirus is affecting manufacturing and wanted to get ahead of it. It's a November release for sure.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
inside xbox is generally terrible and hard to watch so hopefully they just have a video of games and not much cringey jokes or acts
I thought last Inside Xbox was done great, despite the content not being all that interesting. This will likely be the best Inside Xbox with better presentation and interesting context people want to see and hear more about.

May 26, 2019
Nashville, Tennessee
wasnt it that way this gen? I guess there could be some one offs here and there as exception, but for the most part, yes

it takes a LONG time for the install base to get up there, and we are in hard times, and more expensive systems. If i was a dev, I would not avoid 150+ million systems for quite a bit
It's been reported that the next Battlefield is targeting next gen consoles due to them giving them the power to innovate.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-returns-in-2021-for-ps5-and-xbox-serie/1100-6476603/

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I thought last Inside Xbox was done great, despite the content not being all that interesting. This will likely be the best Inside Xbox with better presentation and interesting context people want to see and hear more about.
oh for sure it was much better. They didn't waste a ton of money on dumb stuff and the acting was pretty much cut out .

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Inside Xbox is cringy. I hope I won't have to watch this on mute like their other episodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.