Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Trailer's rad, mostly CG though. Little bit of gameplay at the end, seems like it's third-person(!).

Was already interested, but then... Yamaoka, baby...

store.steampowered.com

The Medium on Steam

Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Travel to an abandoned communist resort and use your unique psychic abilities to uncover its deeply disturbing secrets, solve dual-reality puzzles, survive encounters with sinister spirits, and explore two realities at the same time.

From the makers of Blair Witch and Layers of Fear.

EDIT: Technically a "dual soundtrack" featuring Yamaoka:
Steam page said:
The Medium features a "dual" soundtrack by Bloober Team's Arkadiusz Reikowski and legendary composer Akira Yamaoka of Silent Hill fame.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Is it next gen only? Also, i could see someone seeing this gameplay, hearing the composer is involved, and potentiallly mistaking it for a silent hill title. Hoping it isn't the rumored new SH by the original team.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Trailer's rad, all CG though.

Was already interested, but then... Yamaoka, baby...

store.steampowered.com

The Medium on Steam

Discover a dark mystery only a medium can solve. Travel to an abandoned communist resort and use your unique psychic abilities to uncover its deeply disturbing secrets, solve dual-reality puzzles, survive encounters with sinister spirits, and explore two realities at the same time.

From the makers of Blair Witch and Layers of Fear.

Oh god these guys never let go of set pieces, this is like the most irritating thing ever.

LOOK AT THIS SET PIECE.

LOOK AT IT SOME MORE.

MORE.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is the fucking best announcement of the whole show! Heard Akira, immediately felt that! What an amazing surprise!

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
There was definitely a part of me watching the stream that thought it could be a Silent Hill game when that music started up as unrealistic as that would be, funny to see it was actually Akira Yamaoka's music!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tiny snippets of what looked like in-game parts looked really intriguing. If it's like Silent Hill i'm in.

imapioneer

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely looks interesting. If it's coming to ps5 it's an instant buy because of Yamaoka

Last edited:

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Per the Steam description, Arkadiusz Reikowski is also working on this - fittingly, he's also done a track with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn before.

Capricorn

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The CGI part of the trailer looked very unappealing, but the bits of gameplay at the end? Wew lad.

I hope this is more like >observer and less like anything else they've done so far, though...

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
The Steam page is in the OP.

Not sure if it's coming to PlayStation.

No matter how the game turns out, it's a buy for new Yamaoka.
It's a really hard sell. I mean I definitely will play it (and hopefully will be on gamepass), but Layers of Fear is a very simple walking sim, and Blair Witch was definitely a step up, but had some serious pacing issues, though, to their merit, it really captured the movie's ideas.

EDIT: _observer was the same issue as Layers of Fear, a very good looking game with little gameplay.

I'm hoping for a really great game, though, Yamaoka's music and sound design is amazing and is a big part of Silent HIll's atmosphere.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bloober Team makes really interesting games.

Also, holy shit at having Akira Yamaoka do the soundtrack for this game.

we need a company name that speaks to our dedication to the craft and that will set peoples' expectations properly

BLOOBER TEAM

Check out their games. Observer is fantastic (if it doesn't melt your computer or console)

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
This game had some Beksinski vibes for sure.

S-2263_low_res_zlota_rama.jpg

XlpVIVe.png