• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
A new report from Theleak.co suggests that the Uncharted Series has been greenlit for a reboot, but won't be developed by Naughty Dog.

According to The Leak, the series will be handed to an "unknown developer", but Naughty Dog is expected to initially assist the new team.

By Oct 2019, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End sold 15 million copies (in 4 years). In 2015, Naughty Dog lead game designer Robert Cogburn suggested in an interview with Kotaku that Uncharted 4 was likely the last in the series.

"These games are hard to make. Particularly with a character like Nathan Drake in a world that's fairly grounded, it's a challenge to consider how much more we can expand the universe while adhering to those sorts of rules.", Cogburn said.

"That's not to say the questions will be the same in games we make going forward, but as a studio we grow tired of answering those same types of questions in the same fiction. It's gonna be fun for us to really embark on new ideas and start fleshing those out [in a new series]."

The Leak has a generally good track record when it comes to reporting leaks across a number of industries and although Insider Gaming was unable to corroborate the report, we have heard rumblings of something to do with the Uncharted series in the past (but once again could not corroborate this report).

insider-gaming.com

The Uncharted Series is Being Rebooted, Leaker Claims

A new report suggests that the Uncharted series will be getting a reboot, but not by the developers Naughty Dog.

Riskbreaker23

Oct 27, 2017
i hope this is false. I would like to see something new.

Edit: Reading in fundamental lol

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Finally. I hope Cassie is gonna be the protagonist.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Whilst I'm sure Uncharted will continue, this source is sketchy.

They previously reported that Sony bought publishing rights to bring Half-Life: Alyx to PSVR2 in 2023:
www.resetera.com

[Rumor] Half-Life: Alyx is coming to Playstation VR2 News - Rumor - Sony

https://theleak.co/2022/10/04/half-life-alyx-is-coming-to-playstation-vr2/?amp=1

They also recently reported that Mark Zuckerberg was going to resign soon which Meta quickly debunked:
theleak.co

A Leak States Mark Zuckerberg Is Set To Resign Next Year - The Leak

According to our source, privy to plans at Meta, Zuckerberg is set to resign next year.

I genuinely don't know anything original this site has gotten right for others to start to believing anything they come up with?

Vourlis

Aug 14, 2022
United States
I wouldn't be surprised. The difference in visual quality between 1 and 4 is pretty huge, and if they can bring it all to a similar standard, I think it would look nice as a collection piece.

That being said, I dunno if I'd want to go back and replay them? They were great for their time but like, unless my partner wanted to watch 1-3 like they did with 4, then that would probably be the only justification for rebuying it for me. Not much interest personally.

This also would work well as a teaching tool for a younger game studio.

Last edited:

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Let Drake duel wield guns. Give him tight fitting shorts. And put him in differents ruins, lost cities, and tombs around the world.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Of course it's going to continue. Especially after the successful movie.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
But why? Just make a new IP. Uncharted ended in a good place. Do video games have to speedrun plumbing the depths of nostalgia.

PlayStation has been making new IPs. I'm not sure why you're indicating otherwise.

But I know the real reason you're saying this, you just don't want more Uncharted games.

Congrats! You just learned the world doesn't solely cater to you, and asking for something not to exist to others who want it is selfish as fuck. You can opt to not buy or play it if you don't want it. Leave it be for the people who still want it.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
This would be the ND and Visual Arts team game, right?

Feels a bit like an open secret st this point.

Are we not considering God of War 2018 a reboot?

I mean ... Kind of? It would be a reboot if it was completely disconnected from the events of the previous titles, which it is, but it also recognizes the stories of the previous games too, particularly in Ragnarok. To me a reboot would have been starting over with a different path of Kratos becoming the God of War again.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Mmm I'm not sure about this. Uncharted is something I want to continue, there are not good games like it around (actually there are not games like it at all), but I would prefer the story to continue with different characters and maybe have Nate and Elena as guests. I don't like the idea of starting all over again.

Oct 27, 2017
A complete reboot with new characters is the way to go. The Drake story is done, let those characters rest.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have a 70's adventure romp with a young Sully or a new Chloe/Nadine game but the gameplay definitely needs some kind of reboot. They need to reinvent the series and not pull a Gears 5 which was basically the same shit with slightly more sandbox levels.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Do we know anything about theleak.co? track record, previous leaks? this is a pretty big stretch cause I don't think Sony has ever rebooted a series in the past?

A reboot may not mean a capital R reboot, but maybe just a different direction like GoW 2018 was to the older games. I personally don't like using the term reboot there, but people refer to 2018 as a soft reboot because it's so different from the old titles even if the canon is the same

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Never even heard of this site and Insider Gaming couldn't corroborate it either? Could be fake.

Please be false, uncharted doesn't need a reboot and I really don't trust a team outside of NaughtyDog to handle one either

Just continue with an older Cassie and Nathan Drake, there's uncharted 5 :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm I'm not sure about this. Uncharted is something I want to continue, there are not good games like it around (actually there are not games like it at all), but I would prefer the story to continue with different characters and maybe have Nate and Elena as guests. I don't like the idea of starting all over again.

Agreed. I don't need to see a younger Nate and Elena with new actors rehashing all the ideas the original series already covered.

Do a historical prequel starring a young Sully in the 60s or something.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Wouldn't mind more Uncharted, mainly because the combination of atmosphere, gameplay and production value is pretty unique and fun. And you don't even need to have it star Nate, the possibilities are vast.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Of course.

It sells bonkers, the movie did good and there aren't that many powerfu, potentially long-lasting PlayStation IPs.

ND had kept going more and more grounded. They'll probably stick with TLOU and/or go crazy with sci-fi or fantasy.

Oct 27, 2017
i hope this is false. I would like to finally see something new from ND
It says that another studio would handle it tho?

Ideally I wish they'd just do a new character or Chloe but we will get Cassie with Old Dad Drake in Uncharted 5. Though I would be happy if it was Cassie with Elena on an adventure and both of them dealing with life without Drake (however they want to write him off)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem credible if they don't know who's making it

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Leak has a generally good track record when it comes to reporting leaks across a number of industries and although Insider Gaming was unable to corroborate the report, we have heard rumblings of something to do with the Uncharted series in the past (but once again could not corroborate this report).

insider-gaming.com

The Uncharted Series is Being Rebooted, Leaker Claims

A new report suggests that the Uncharted series will be getting a reboot, but not by the developers Naughty Dog.

Why would Tom attach himself to this if he has no information or any sources on this?