• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think xbox will be stronger?

• Yes, definitely stronger.

Votes: 1,525 37.7%
  • No, PS5 will be stronger.

Votes: 341 8.4%
  • Not sure honestly.

Votes: 1,424 35.2%
  • Don't care I'm a PC gamer.

Votes: 462 11.4%
  • I play switch only lol. Switch port pls

Votes: 294 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
There was no way Xbox was going to be the weaker console next gen. Not after they fucked up at the start of this current gen.

Count me in camp not surprised at all

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Without even the slightest hint as to what "more advanced" means, this is a pointless discussion at this time.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I want a power race. I want both systems to push tech as much as they can and at $499.99 or $599.99 we should be getting some amazing hardware. Having MS and Sony going at it is only going to be great for gamers. With MS investing in more 1st party devs and Sony already having an amazing pipeline, it is going to be a great generation of great hardware and great software.

Oct 27, 2017
That's great but will it be cheaper? The price point of the XB1 was a big part of why so many people weren't that excited about it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I believe it. And I believe it'll be more expensive. It's going to be moved up market. There will be a cheaper model. And a big push to move users over to streaming and subscription.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I mean, power is something, mastery is another. Naugthy Dog is still going to make the best looking games next-gen too.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
My going theory is that there has been many rumors that there will be two versions at launch of the next Xbox.

I believe one version will be on par with the PS5 for the same price and the other one will be more expensive and be way more powerful.

On one hand, I see this kind of thing at launch kind of dumb but Microsoft has been pushing the whole "options" thing with their hardware so I wouldn't be surprised if they had multiple versions at launch.

It might hurt them at retail though if that's the case but who knows.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we already know this. All Sony did was announce some things that were all heavily rumored for the NextBox with reliable insiders, right down to the importance of the SSD. Seems like it was done as more of a PR thing because they know what's coming.

I mean, we already don't know this. And we still don't. And even MS perhaps doesn't even though they say the opposite because that's their job

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, with Phil in place now and the fact that the Xbox brand finally has their ducks in a row they are going to be looking for a fight next gen . Sony will for sure have a tougher hill to climb next gen and they really need to come out of the gate swinging. Even as someone who is very bought into the Sony ecosystem I gotta say part of me is scared that they are going to just botch this next generation.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One was not only weaker, but 100$ more expensive than the PS4 at launch. So yeah, I don't think they make that same mistake again.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
My anaconda don't want none unless you got excessive expendable income for leisure hobbies hun

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Why would "Xbox insiders" know about the PS5? Sony have barely revealed anything about it. Smells like damage control from fanboys more than anything worth listening to.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So they have whats beyond Navi? From what Cerny revealed thats the only thing XBOX insiders could deduce is more advanced.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way that either party know enough about each of the devices to confidently say one is more advanced or not.
Once detailed specs are floating around, then perhaps we can see how they stack up.
The only exception I can see is if MS are straight up changing their architecture.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
All they would have is higher clocked versions of whatever PS5 has and/or more RAM...

Or they went Nvidia/Intel and it will cost $2000.

Neosp

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
I will have both , so if Anaconda is the best for third party games (like XBox One X today) I will go with it and PS5 for the exclusives. It's so simple. I'm so glad i'm out the fanboys fight

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
That's great, but will Xbox Two actually have exclusives this time around? I was purely PC/Nintendo/Sony this gen because Xbox never really gave anyone a reason to purchase it.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
So they have whats beyond Navi? From what Cerny revealed thats the only thing XBOX insiders could deduce is more advanced.

Nah, it can have more memory, the clocks can be higher and so on. It can't be a generation leap since the technology will probably be the same, but it can have that PS4-One leap that happend early this gen.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would that even be remotely affordable? The PS5 already sounds like it's gonna cost like $500.

Completes speculation but if they're launching two SKUs, it might be opening them up to really shooting for the stars with the high end one. I have no idea what their low end SKU will look like, but if it's comparable to the PS5, maybe the higher end one ends up being at a higher price point than we normally see but can be packed with a lot of advanced stuff due to that.

Like maybe it's something like Xbox Two/PS5: $499 with comparable specs, Xbox Two Plus: $699

If you have a product that is competitive and targeted to the mainstream like their base model is likely to be, maybe they feel more confident having a second model that is really high end and targeted to a niche. The X couldn't really go that route since the original XBO was so weak that they had to have something competitive on the market at a reasonable price.

Feb 23, 2019
I'm not going to trust sources from Xbox on how they compare to PS5. They would not be in a position to know and clearly have their views slanted one way.

It sounds eerily familiar to the Xbox One "secret source" eSRAM debacles during all the next gen rumors of 2011/2012 and the Durango leaks

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Price/exclusives will be the factor this time. And paying for 3rd party exclusivity. The CoD deal will be a big factor again.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of which console is more powerful, next gen should be very interesting for both companies. Phil is steering Xbox in a much better position than it was back in 2013 and I'm sure Sony is going to want a repeat success of the PS4.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
That would explain why Sony came out ahead with numbers, you don't wanna announce lower after your competition

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Regardless of the power, I'll probably just buy a PS5. I stopped using my Xbox One 2 years ago and I don't expect Xbox's first parties will release enough games that are interesting to me to make a purchase worthwhile.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Need details on the advanced portion

But we kind of already expected it anyway. Well atleast I did. I expected MS to release their console later anyway too. And with the rumors of it being an ecosystem as compared to Sony's standalone, I can easily believe it will be a more advanced thing

That said I am still gonna have to buy everything if I wanna play all the games I like :(

Status
Not open for further replies.