• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think xbox will be stronger?

• Yes, definitely stronger.

Votes: 1,525 37.7%
  • No, PS5 will be stronger.

Votes: 341 8.4%
  • Not sure honestly.

Votes: 1,424 35.2%
  • Don't care I'm a PC gamer.

Votes: 462 11.4%
  • I play switch only lol. Switch port pls

Votes: 294 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
MOD EDIT:

If anything, it looks like Sony is confident their hardware is more powerful. They announced PS4 first in 2013, months before MS did, and we know how that turned out. This race is getting exciting.

To add transparency, I've sent proof as to why I know Anaconda aims to be the the (wording suggests clearly) better performing device to Nibel. He can decide the rest.

YOrZnGB.gif

Klobrille just sent me something that I can't elaborate on for security reasons, but it does appear to be legit to the best of my knowledge.

===

Bowden is claiming to hear it from multiple insiders.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/18/xbox-ps5-next-gen-more-powerful/

https://twitter.com/Porshapwr/status/1118646585087471617?s=19

Can someone embed the Twitter post above^?

What do you all think?

Edit 2: Wow this thread blew up. Didn't know there was so much fuel for discussion. I am for one excited for e3.

Edit 3: Added poll for fun.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's there to be more advanced about with the little info that was given from Sony?

Jurai

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Microsoft keeps their backwards compat initiative full steam ahead, been loving the original xbox and xbox 360 additions

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I don't see ms giving Sony that leg up this time. Time for deep pockets ms to come out to play.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Not that compelling. Sources are Xbox sources and then reiterating comments from MS about wanting to be most powerful

Considering we don't have any detailed specs around performance from Sony, how would they know?

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
If it is I doubt it's a big difference or it'll be more than $499. Also as said above sources are meh.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Wouldn't be surprised since they launched the og X1 under PS4 specs.

I still don't see how they overcome the backwards compatible install base Sony built this gen tbh.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I would be shocked if it wasn't. MS wants to be able to say it has the most powerful hardware next go-round, I'm sure they (correctly) see the Xbox One's technical weaknesses as a big part of what held them back this gen.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How would that even be remotely affordable? The PS5 already sounds like it's gonna cost like $500.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea who this is. Also while it's possible, these things can always change. There were rumors about the Xbox One being more powerful than the PS4 and we all know how that turned out.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious, Phil Spencer has basically been guaranteeing a more powerful console for a long time now, but how could he guarantee it? By aiming for a higher BOM? Does that mean PS5 will be cheaper than Anaconda?

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
This is very exciting. I'd love to see Microsoft go over the top of Sony's supposedly super powerful console. Next gen is going to be awesome! I'm hoping no more than $599 for each console.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Microsoft will never again let themselves be second place in the horse power race. Even if it means selling a 600$ box. Remember, there will also be a 300-400$ version available for the masses so they can really shoot for the roof with the high end model.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
X is more advanced than any console on the market
Still 3rd place every month virtually since launch in the USA which is their stronghold

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe Sony's specs and I think there's quite a bit of marketing fluff in there.

That being said, I don't really believe Microsoft has something better in the reigns currently right now either. I want both statements to be true, but it just feels like we're getting back to playground wars here lately.

Nov 8, 2017
Vague language, but it's very likely that Microsoft will produce something that has higher paper-specs even if only extremely marginally and for bragging rights more than anything.

I don't think there's that much of a productive discussion to have until we actually see what those specs are, at any rate. Something that probably won't happen officially until next year (we'll get some teases this year but won't have the full picture, much like how Sony's spec releases didn't mention the majority of GPU specs or memory setup).

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Software support and pricing, not raw power, is likely to have more of an impact in the long run.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I mean, we already know this. All Sony did was announce some things that were all heavily rumored for the NextBox with reliable insiders, right down to the importance of the SSD. Seems like it was done as more of a PR thing because they know what's coming.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I believe that MS is not making compromises on Scarlett. Why do people think that Sony will make compromises on PS5. They'll end up be very comparable to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.