• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think xbox will be stronger?

• Yes, definitely stronger.

Votes: 1,525 37.7%
  • No, PS5 will be stronger.

Votes: 341 8.4%
  • Not sure honestly.

Votes: 1,424 35.2%
  • Don't care I'm a PC gamer.

Votes: 462 11.4%
  • I play switch only lol. Switch port pls

Votes: 294 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I've read about Scarlett implies 2 consoles (Xcloud and premium console). I don't think the premium console has ever been rumored to rely on the cloud for performance.

I am sure you will be able to run xcloud games on anaconda, which means it will have that hardware. Doesnt matter tho because 'advanced' was the wrong word. Klobrille has docs and has shared them, so it is more powerful not more advanced. I was hoping it was more advanced, power is kinda boring.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
So all this is just an intent?

Not even the final result?

Wow. Isn't that a given?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't true at all though. In fact, Albert was the only example of this. Going off of what actual insiders said, we always knew the xb1 would have a weaker gpu. We also thought it would have more ram. Which it did until Sony changed upped the PS4 ram last second.

This is categorically false. Prior to the actual specs being released or leaked, pretty much every GAF insider claimed the Xbox One (Durango) would be more powerful than the PS4 (Orbis), in particular posters like Agies (from Polygon), ProElite and Karak. Not that I'm blaming them for that, I'm sure the Microsoft Insiders or sources they were in contact with continually made it seem as though that would be the case, but it simply wasn't.

Last edited:

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry if your were offended it was not my intention.
It's just Im not arguing that Sony will be the market leader in Europe next gen, I think they will be, the post you replied to is more about another poster not accepting that Xbox can improve and do better in Europe.

And yes I dont accept other people's opinions when I think my point is correct, I don't know why you think this is a bad thing.
I can accept some growth but also we can't ignore that PS5 could also get growth.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, a push for 8K
Yeah it does feel really premium not just whisper quiet so many features like UHD drive, freesync, dolby atmos support, more ram, better clocked cpu etc. I read a rumor that scarlet has an AI chip whatever that means. Gonna be some interesting stuff for sure.

Everything you listed is par for the course really, but AI chip? That would be a game changer and I can see MS leaning heavily on AI, as that is one area they are better equipped for. Imagine them exposing some high-level API to let devs easily avail of their AI hardware to radically improve enemy AI. Game changer. Maybe that's where the "infinite" in halo infinite comes from. Maybe MS envision this as their final console, fully backed with the cloud, a console that will evolve in intelligence over time. Of course, there will be more powerful models in the future, but with this new strategy going forward, there would clearly be an end to the "generations" paradigm and this suits MS a lot more than PS. However, Sony are essentially moving in the same direction and it's just down to the essence of their terminology, philosophy and semantic arguments. The AI-focus may just be MS killer feature though. I'm excited for them, and I hope it will force Sony to step up and take some notice.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Will there be console war memes for years like it's 2013 again at the old place? I hope not. That shit was embarrassing

Even in 2016/17, the community manages to be plenty embarrassing with all the threads and and discussions around mid-gen (Pro and Scorpio) . So much intentional misreading of what the console manufacturers said from day one what those consoles were gonna be. An extension... of the existing console. A MID-GENERATION device. The name of those consoles ended up keeping the same family name ( PS4 and Xbox One) of the original devices... for a reason.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I'm more interested in what they do with x cloud and how portable their streaming option will be. That's what truly revolutionizes the industry imo. Next gen Halo oof

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I'm really not into bring a leaker

My primary focus right now is growing my new YouTube channel and I dont want that channel to be built around leaks. In fact I'm so serious about this I've recently left basically all "insider" circles I've associated with and stopped talking to almost everyone in the rumor mill.

Of course I am still gonna hear stuff sometimes but am trying to avoid most of it moving forward to focus on my channel
Why would you need to do that? Surely being in-the-know is better than being out of the loop. It's up to you what you publish at the end of the day.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Exactly... Why else would they have multiple sku's at launch?
The way I see it Microsoft can charge whatever they want for anaconda as long as They provide an entry console. With the X they proved that there is a market out there for people who want to best no matter the cost. If they pull out a price of 599.99 And it's a beast it will sell and I'd be first in line

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's literally said he doesn't know anything about the PS5. Hence "aiming."
That "aiming" language is weak at best. Anyone can aim for whatever they want, what the result will be is a different story. I have no doubt they're aiming high. What else could it be though? Aiming for lower performance? Such strange language.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Even in 2016/17, the community manages to be plenty embarrassing with all the threads and and discussions around mid-gen (Pro and Scorpio) . So much intentional misreading of what the console manufacturers said from day one what those consoles were gonna be. An extension... of the existing console. A MID-GENERATION device. The name of those consoles ended up keeping the same family name ( PS4 and Xbox One) of the original devices... for a reason.

It is because truth isn't what is sought, just winning. Forum discourse makes more sense when you understand that most people don't want better understanding, just winning. But there are some truthers, they are interesting. I wish i could highlight favourite users here.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
They're both going with AMD for the CPU and GPU, so the differences in power will come down to specific features on the silicon. "Clearly better" seems weird, what are they going to do, wait until AMD releases the successor to Zen2 and Navi? They're going to be almost exactly the same, because they're buying the same parts from the same vendor. Maybe Microsoft will put more/faster memory in it? Maybe they'll find a way to overclock the CPU and GPU ahead of the PS5 chip? What else could they possibly do?

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the power race like a hand in poker? I'm confused about how people know things concrete.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
Microsoft will never again let themselves be second place in the horse power race. Even if it means selling a 600$ box. Remember, there will also be a 300-400$ version available for the masses so they can really shoot for the roof with the high end model.

That's really my hope. People who can afford the nicer console shouldn't have to deal with lower performance because they had to be price conscious for others. Give us a $600 and $400 version that will eventually slip to $500 and $350.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That "aiming" language is weak at best. Anyone can aim for whatever they want, what the result will be is a different story. I have no doubt they're aiming high. What else could it be though? Aiming for lower performance? Such strange language.
Oh I agree. It doesn't mean a great deal. They probably aimed the same with XB1.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're both going with AMD for the CPU and GPU, so the differences in power will come down to specific features on the silicon. "Clearly better" seems weird, what are they going to do, wait until AMD releases the successor to Zen2 and Navi? They're going to be almost exactly the same, because they're buying the same parts from the same vendor. Maybe Microsoft will put more/faster memory in it? Maybe they'll find a way to overclock the CPU and GPU ahead of the PS5 chip? What else could they possibly do?
My thoughts as well. Outside of Sony underclocking everything, I don't see a big difference happening. The major components are based on the same tech.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
make a video of yourself blindfolded, throwing darts at a board of 500 predictions, where only 10 are real

I mean that's the hard part. Balancing building my channel and being "in the know"

I want to do things like fun prediction videos and stuff and I cant really do that sort of thing if I stay involved in the rumor mill.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017

Thats why more advanced was tantalising. More powerful ( as in More CUs or an extra 2Gb ram or high clock) is boring.

Oct 30, 2017
They're both going with AMD for the CPU and GPU, so the differences in power will come down to specific features on the silicone. "Clearly better" seems weird, what are they going to do, wait until AMD releases the successor to Zen2 and Navi? They're going to be almost exactly the same, because they're buying the same parts from the same vendor. Maybe Microsoft will put more/faster memory in it? Maybe they'll find a way to overclock the CPU and GPU ahead of the PS5 chip? What else could they possibly do?

This is what I was wondering. Even if it is two sku's, where are they getting the mysterious tech from that's going to put Sony's console to shame. I can't imagine big differences here.

If they have two skus, what's the most powerful overpriced one going to have that the base model doesn't?

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If people are expecting PS5 to be $499, how much Anaconda will cost? More? Or the same and MS will eat the cost?

My best guess is that MS will lift a few pages from the mobile phone industry's playbook. They've been very smart about heavily investing in and building up their services and subscription game. They'll probably be able to sell the console at the same (or lower) price as the PS5 by subsidizing the cost through a multi-year Game Pass subscription or something along those lines. Just watch them.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt MS will achieve it, but I have a feeling it's going to come at a premium price.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I mean that's the hard part. Balancing building my channel and being "in the know"

I want to do things like fun prediction videos and stuff and I cant really do that sort of thing if I stay involved in the rumor mill.

I think your show is great so far but I only really know and follow you from your involvement in the rumor mill. Just a thing I'm saying. That's not to say I don't also enjoy the sales slant you give.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I make an E3 predictions video when I literally know every single thing that will be ar E3?
I remember the early days of Engadget and gizmodo, with Ryan block and peter rojas, they had a good stance on leaks and rumours: they would publish them, but not without first reaching out to the targets of those leaks. If the targets share with you the truth and ask you not to publish, then you don't.

I completely see where you're coming from though regarding building a YouTube channel though. Although i feel there is more value to you being in-the-know than being another speculation-merchant.

Good luck to you either way man, I hope the channel goes really well.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Even though it's only been true for one generation - I guess one and a half- I totally associate Xbox with having the most powerful console. Even if it's just a halo-product like the x, I think it's an important part of their brand image.

Ironically, this doesn't seem to be a problem for playstation. Sony can come in with a weaker console, tell us it can fly a missile, and be on their merry way.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, the machines will be very similar, moreso than ever before, I imagine. It will always come down to the games themselves, and the studios making them. Sony first party is just too good to pass up on.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its really easy to tell someone to just go ahead and leak stuff when you dont have that information

Why would I want to purposely hurt people I like and care about?

Status
Not open for further replies.