• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think xbox will be stronger?

• Yes, definitely stronger.

Votes: 1,525 37.7%
  • No, PS5 will be stronger.

Votes: 341 8.4%
  • Not sure honestly.

Votes: 1,424 35.2%
  • Don't care I'm a PC gamer.

Votes: 462 11.4%
  • I play switch only lol. Switch port pls

Votes: 294 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I have a PC for Xbox games and will likely get a PS5 for exclusives, so while it's good to hear the machines are capable and exciting to see the new features of next gen (like raytracing), I couldn't care less about which is more powerful.

I just hope Nintendo's console doesn't get left further behind to where next gen is harder to get support in general from even indies, not to mention AAA and AA games.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
If you have been paying attention to Xbox even slightly in the last few years this should come as little surprise.

Also they have two consoles coming. Anaconda, the flagship console, and Lockhart the budget friendly option.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's the hard part. Balancing building my channel and being "in the know"

I want to do things like fun prediction videos and stuff and I cant really do that sort of thing if I stay involved in the rumor mill.

Make it an obscure puzzle, like use blinking and winking to communicate master chef's demotion in halo burger king.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I was just pointing out where I first was introduced to you. It wasn't even a criticism. Have a good day.

Hmm? I wasnt being mean?

I was saying if the primary reason someone follows me is leaks and rumors i dont really want to do that sort of thing. I want to talk about the industry from a business and sales perspective because that's what I care about.

I'm just saying being a leaker is cheap easy clicks I dont care about

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
So is MS doing a victory lap?

I can believe that the next Xbox will be more powerful that PS5.

I am glad that they are learning some lessons from their disastrous 2013.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Said it several times before, Microsoft is not going to allow Sony to have the power gap ever again. The X iteration was them disrupting the power gap with a dramatic mid-gen boost to get things back in order.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Sell
LIke I said in the other thread. Accept that it is more powerful and you won't be disappointed. The brand dies if it isn't. PlayStation doesn't have that issue.

A little dramatic, no? They are simply trying a new tactic by having the cheapest and the most expensive.

It might work, but it is going to complicate developer's lives as instead developing for 1 xbox, they will have to develop for 3 (including xcloud). Add stadia to that and possible midgen refreshes, and suddenly 2 platforms has turns into 8 or more!

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sell

A little dramatic, no? They are simply trying a new tactic by having the cheapest and the most expensive.

It might work, but it is going to complicate developer's lives as instead developing for 1 xbox, they will have to develop for 3 (including xcloud). Add stadia to that and possible midgen refreshes, and suddenly 2 platforms has turns into 8 or more!
Maybe hyperbolic, but imagine where Xbox one would be without Xbox x.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Sell

xCloud is different from Stadia where xCloud is just Xbox hardware. You develop the game for the console and it runs on xCloud, all you need to add is some touchscreen control optimizations and the ability for the game to recognize being played via xCloud to enable more frequent saving.

Stadia is an entirely new platform that devs will have to target.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Give me that X2 baby. I love my Xbox One X so I'm excited for another powerful unit. Can't wait to play original xbox games in 8k lmao.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nah I'm really not into bring a leaker

My primary focus right now is growing my new YouTube channel and I dont want that channel to be built around leaks. In fact I'm so serious about this I've recently left basically all "insider" circles I've associated with and stopped talking to almost everyone in the rumor mill.

Of course I am still gonna hear stuff sometimes but am trying to avoid most of it moving forward to focus on my channel
I understand man! Hard to trust people to not just run out a blab what you tell em lol. Good luck with your channel man!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
He shared things that cannot be talked about for security that shows expensive xbox more powerful . It is in the op.
Aims to be, he and likely MS don't know enough about PS5 to say for sure.
Also
Watch my wording. I said "MS aims to" have the most powerful console on the market. I don't need to know anything about PS5 if this is written in their own roadmap.

I'm not a clairvoyant. Not even the companies themselves today know the -exact- raw numbers they will hit in over a year.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
MS are serious next gen. Anaconda is going to be some serious piece of hardware

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
So, MS may put out a more powerful console? I don't know why anyone would doubt this. MS will go out of their way to make sure they have that on lock after the launch of XB1.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry peeps both will be great!!

They are both going to be shit in 2026
xCloud is different from Stadia where xCloud is just Xbox hardware. You develop the game for the console and it runs on xCloud, all you need to add is some touchscreen control optimizations and the ability for the game to recognize being played via xCloud to enable more frequent saving.

Stadia is an entirely new platform that devs will have to target.

We'll see. Regardless, 3rd parties will be porting to so many more platforms, game quality is going to suffer.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand man! Hard to trust people to not just run out a blab what you tell em lol. Good luck with your channel man!

Its actually more the reverse. I dont want to be put in a position where the stuff people tell me conflicts with what I'm doing. My goal is to protect people.

But we will see how this all shakes out. I mean I have a presence it's not like I'm suddenly not going to know anything lol. I'm just saying I don't want my channel or my Twitter to be built on leaks. My whole purpose for doing all this is to help better educate and explain the industry because frankly there arent many people doing a good job of it

JustP_Gaming

Jan 5, 2018
Sell

Everyone seems to forget Microsofts dev kits allow you to develop one version of a game for the highest spec'd machine and at the push of a button scale it down to fit the specs of the lowest machine. It shouldnt be a problem. Stadia on the other hand. Thats a whole different thing all together.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sony publicly said what they were doing already, for the most part.
They've said pretty much nothing in detail. Don't know why people are saying they've revealed the PS5's specs, have people just not read what they actually said, they've gave some nuggets and a couple of big things like SSD and at least PS4 BC.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Probably a good thing if MS has the most powerful console. The we won't have to witness the embarrassing spectacle of members of the Western games media doing damage control by saying stupid shit like the naked eye can't differentiate 720p from 1080p unless you have 50+ inch TV.

And MS won't have to send their PR people on to forums like this to run disinformation campaigns.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is all assumptions because of what MS said they want to do. I don't know how you claim something with no other specs to compare it to.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
This is categorically false. Prior to the actual specs being released or leaked, pretty much every GAF insider claimed the Xbox One (Durango) would be more powerful than the PS4 (Orbis), in particular posters like Agies (from Polygon), ProElite and Karak. Not that I'm blaming them for that, I'm sure the Microsoft Insiders or sources they were in contact with continually made it seem as though that would be the case, but it simply wasn't.
Do you have any links to this? Pre release, gaf seemed pretty unanimous in thinking that the PS4 would have the better gpu and ddr5 ram. But the xb1 would have twice as much ddr3 ram + esram and what some insiders (the polygon guy) were touting as "move engines" that would close the bandwidth gap a bit. But even then, it was pretty unanimous that the ddr5 ram in the ps4 would be faster than the xb1 setup.

Feb 23, 2019
If MS aims to be the most powerful they should make a BOLD move at E3 and announce all their specs.

If they're that confident, it's already too late for Sony to make any substantial changes.

And if they're right, it will make Sony look bad when they announce their weaker specs, just like what happened with the PS4 Pro.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are there rumors of microsoft releasing both the regular next gen xbox alongside their pro version? perhaps that will use a 3rd gen ryzen and a more powerful gpu. they can then claim the crown for most powerful console. i do wonder what sony's plan is for the pro. are they gonna wait a few years before releasing it?

Feb 23, 2019
Do you have any links to this? Pre release, gaf seemed pretty unanimous in thinking that the PS4 would have the better gpu and ddr5 ram. But the xb1 would have twice as much ddr3 ram + esram and what some insiders (the polygon guy) were touting as "move engines" that would close the bandwidth gap a bit. But even then, it was pretty unanimous that the ddr5 ram in the ps4 would be faster than the xb1 setup.

The big discussion at that time was that the TFlop difference didn't matter because of the eSRAM secret sauce that supposedly reduced the LATENCY dramatically so that the GPU punches FAR above its weight.

And it was BS

Oct 25, 2017
So this turned out to be a non story huh? I'd be shocked if they weren't aiming to be the most powerful console next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.