• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Instagram hides 'Like' counts in leaked design prototype

Subpar Scrub

Oct 25, 2017
What? Advertisers don't rely on public facing metrics to verify that the person/company you're paying isn't lying to you. Real metrics would be on the back end and advertisers would surely have access to those.
Okay cool, I asked whether they’d have access to back end metrics I n my first post in this thread but nobody really acknowledged that part of my post 😅

Okabe

Aug 24, 2018
Just hide the followers already or don't let them be viewed but show the number. that's all I ask

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love this. Lord knows sometimes I don't post a really good picture because it won't get many likes. Only my selfies seem to get a ton of likes, and not my nature pics. :/

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great idea because it’s a smart way to get people who have few likes to start posting and feeling less conscious about themselves

KillLaCam

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore and Seoul
I'd love this. Lord knows sometimes I don't post a really good picture because it won't get many likes. Only my selfies seem to get a ton of likes, and not my nature pics. :/
Yeah this is kinda why I don't post anything on there outside of stories anymore. I find taking pictures of everything more interesting than selfies but the selfies take all of the likes

Aizō

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ほぼ真ん中の方
I probably wouldn't have noticed the change 'cause I just read comments on my posts. I'm totally down with the change. I really don't get anything out of likes. On twtter, I mute threads if one of my tweets gets liked a lot.

Dec 31, 2017
Yeah it’s for the better. It’s can become an unhealthy obsession.

In fact I wouldn’t even mind if they hid it from everyone, including the person who shared it. Just get rid of them all together.

Oct 2, 2018
You can still see likes if you use a pc to look at the account. And video views.

nothing more than an attempt to encourage advertisers to advertise so you don’t feel like your ad is underperforming compared to someone else