• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a gamble from instagram, and I appreciate them for doing it. I personally think its a great idea.

Do you really think a company like Facebook takes a GAMBLE on things? :lol

It's an interesting change though, I wonder why. Gotta be ad related - they don't want it to be easy to make money off Instagram without involving them?

Edit: likes and views are the only way to measure interaction between a user and their followers. A follow number means jack shit if they don't interact with the user.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this really so they can sell more ads to people? That's what a few people are saying on Twitter and I believe it.

Oct 2, 2018
Isn't this really so they can sell more ads to people? That's what a few people are saying on Twitter and I believe it.

You can still see likes if you use a pc to look at the account. And video views.

nothing more than an attempt to encourage advertisers to advertise so you don't feel like your ad is underperforming compared to someone else

Posted that earlier. It's an advertising thing. They don't want misc advertiser to advertise and to be able to see that Xyz brand has more. Likes and engagement And think their ad isn't working

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really care about the seeing likes thing, that doesn't bother me, but Instagram is getting worse and worse for the user experience. Last week suddenly my feed started having hashtags in it... ive never followed a hashtag I guess it got pushed to me. Even worse was they were all in korean for some reason. Had to unfollow the hashtags each time I scrolled past one. Also about every 4 photos I get an advertisement. So last week I was getting about 2 pics of people I follow, then a hashtag post, then an ad... wtf.

Oct 2, 2018
I don't really care about the seeing likes thing, that doesn't bother me, but Instagram is getting worse and worse for the user experience. Last week suddenly my feed started having hashtags in it... ive never followed a hashtag I guess it got pushed to me. Even worse was they were all in korean for some reason. Had to unfollow the hashtags each time I scrolled past one. Also about every 4 photos I get an advertisement. So last week I was getting about 2 pics of people I follow, then a hashtag post, then an ad... wtf.

re:
Metrics - saw this on reddit the other day and it's so true

8510aTW.jpg

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
re:
Metrics - saw this on reddit the other day and it's so true

8510aTW.jpg

interesting, and seems about right. I was an early user and used to be daily, with over 2000 posts... haven't posted anything in months and only check my feed once every few days. 2019 ive probably posted less than 20 pics. The app is shit now. Been hoping for something new to replace it but it's too ingrained I guess at this point.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this thread..
Got really excited...
Then noticed it's an old thread bump....., :(

But it looks like this is happening?? PLEASE DO.
Likes/favorites are a bane to society and mental health. Honestly, this would be great!

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
They must have tested it on some people's accounts in the summer. My IG account couldn't see my or other accounts' 'likes' for a few weeks back in July/August.