• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
CDhPUzY.jpg

lock if old!

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Prices look good...but no. I'm going AMD this time around on my next build. Wont have to change my motherboard for one and will have room to upgrade for the next couple of hardware generations.

Nov 8, 2017
Look it all sounds great so I'd be happy for it to be real, but maintainig super good frequency while adding 2 cores on an already extremely mature node doesn't seem that likely. Not impossible but optimistic. A full range refresh also wasn't really expected. What really pushes me into "this isn't real" territory is the extremely aggressive pricing. Intel has been struggling to fulfil demand for quite a while, and although I'm sure that's now improving, the performance deficit between Intel and AMD is not so large as to warrent offering 10c/20t for $70 USD cheaper than you offered 8c/16t threads last year. Huge price cuts across the performance range while also activating hyperthreading on literally every chip? This seems like wishful thinking.

It's not like I want this to be untrue, it just seems really out there.

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
If this leak is true then god damn AMD putting on a fight to make Intel put those cpus in that price range.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll still wait until after the new consoles are out. Whatever is available then is gonna be some solid choices on both sides.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Not convinced this is real, the prices are too good to be true. Intel aren't going to offer 6 cores and 12 threads for $20 less than AMD.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure the info is legit, but I expected something like this.

Also, they will 100% ask for new motherboards with zero shame.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
SKU's

Also, dollar symbol after the price (as it's usually written in European/IS countries) instead of before the quote as per norm in Intel, being US based an all that

gKhwY5h.png