• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meta

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why you think this way. The only possible scenario for this is the cross-gen period where games will have to be made for both the old Jaguars and the new Zen2s. Beyond that however I fully expect most AAA games to max out next gen console CPUs even for 30 fps.

This is why you shouldn't panic unless you're only considering games the one known game that specifically targets the PS5 and PC. Modern, high-end desktop CPUs will continue to destroy multiplatform titles targeting Jaguar for at least 2 years. If you're currently not struggling, why worry about upgrading now when we'll have better parts and a sizable dataset of benchmarks for nextgen games in 2022?

I would be far more concerned about your GPU's available memory and its ray-tracing capabilities if your goal is maxing out texture memory and graphics settings at 60-120 FPS.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of the new Intel desktop CPUs running at 6GHz with 12 cores and 24 threads?

:(

Are we saying goodbye to triple digit framerates on PC this gen when crossgen ends?

I think so, even 60fps will be hard to archive when game devs start to make their games as only for next-gen consoles with using all potential power of them. Especially open world games will be interesting to see. I just hope you are not Ubisoft open world games fan. :D

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I think so, even 60fps will be hard to archive when game devs start to make their games as only for next-gen consoles with using all potential power of them. Rspecially open world games will be interesting to see. I just hope you are not Ubisoft open world games fan. :D

:''''''''''''''''''''''(

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Will switch to Ryzen 4000 this year since we can expect it to beat intel in the last winning section they still have over AMD: Better IPC performance.

Leaks are talking about a 20% boost for that plus the usual few hundreds extra MHZ extra tact.

4700X at 65w will be some juicy gaming CPU.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll OC my 8700K and try to make it through most of this gen, along with GPU upgrades

if not my next system build is around 2022.

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah anyone panicking now due to owning intel is being silly. Wait until the the next gen kicks in proper, which is at least 24 months away and then look into upgrading, most with high end intel probably won't need to but by then some shit hot new cpu will be out to take advantage of any new dev/cores situation.

Any 4 core 8 thread cpu from the last few years is going to be fine for a good while yet, and when the time comes for the need of more threads/cores there will be new cpus that will gain you back that lovely PC to console advantage.

No need for any silly panic upgrading for a good while, if at all for those with 8 core I7's etc.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Your CPU will smash it for years and still has the benefit of beating out AMD for games in certain configs today. When, and more importantly if, Devs ever use more than your available cores you'll be able to put in a second hand I9 that will still smash it for the whole of next gen.

That assuages me a bit. Thanks.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I highly doubt that a significant number of cross-platform games will be CPU-bound at 30 fps on next gen consoles.
You are correct. Still, some of the biggest AAA open-world Games are likely to be CPU-bound. Games like Assassin's creed, Spiderman, Rockstar games, etc.

I definitely want to play GTA6 at 60 FPS. It would be glorious.

I currently have a 6600k that I bought for $265. It's 4 cores w/o MT running at 4.1 Ghz. Next-gen consoles CPU could be up to 3x my CPU performance.

I'm thinking of getting a 12-core CPU that can be pushed to 6 Ghz.I anticipate that eventually, games code will be more multi-core friendly.

Last edited:

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You are correct. Still, some of the biggest AAA open-world Games are likely to be CPU-bound. Games like Assassin's creed, Spiderman, Rockstar games, etc.

I dont think Spiderman will go multiplaform

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
No, even with PBO disabled this can happen. That's just how Zen 2 seems to work.

Switched from Wraith Prism to Noctua NH-U12S and it's whisper quiet even when stress testing with Prime95 with PBO enabled.

No, I had it happen on my R5 3600 with a Noctua NH-D15 and proper thermal paste appliance and what have you. I called it quits when downloading a game on steam was constantly ramping up and down my fans somehow. I could've gone more extreme with the fan settings but it's not like I want my fans to be unreasonable slow for even 60°C or so.

PBO was the issue. With it's >1.4V boosting despite cores hardly being any busy it managed to drive single core's temp to >60°C momentarily.

Now I run my 3600 at all-core 4GHz at 1.1625V (another profile with 4.2GHz at 1.3V) and all these annoying issues are gone and performance is as good, if not better. Efficiency is better too, (at least under load, substantially).

I had initially no interested in overclocking at all precisely because most reviews and impressions were basically stating that there's no real point to it with PBO. But after getting annoyed by fan noise, and seeing cores get boosted and hot even when idling my viewpoint sure changed eventually.

I certainly hope that PBO gets improved with the 4000 series. It's nice in theory but these annoyances are an issue. If nothing else they should provide a (default) PBO profile that holds back completely when the CPU is under low load.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 9900KS, the limited edition 5GHZ all core version. Not worried at all.

I want something a generation beyond my 2080 super more than I do a cpu. Games aren't stressing the 9900KS at 5ghz right now. Itll be a long while before they do, and Ill be long gone off of the 9900KS by the time that hits anyway so /shrug

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Cross-gen ends in like max 4 years from right now. We're going to need some beastly, B.E.A.S.T.L.Y. new parts by then. Hope they can do it.

I'm clutching triple digit framerates with a death grip.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Not too concerned. I've got 6 cores/12 threads, fast IPC. Built in 2018, so Zen+ was an option at the time.

It was really only in the last few years that 4c/4t CPUs really started showing their limitations in (some) modern games. The Xbox One launched with 8c/8t, and PCs today with 6c/6t CPUs are doing ok. (You probably wouldn't recommend a 6-core i5 for most new gaming builds today, but those who have them aren't suffering with current-gen titles.) Plus there are plenty of people buying Ryzen 5's with the same core/thread count as my i7, so this isn't just an Intel-only discussion.

I also don't really need my PC to "last a console generation," either. My upgrades have usually been done within five years, which would put me about 3 years into next gen. I expect to upgrade my GPU before then, but not my CPU.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I feel very good. Thanks OP.

Broken bottles on the ground, chairs flying through the air.... An all out brawl in the thread. Then one classy guy steps in and just says thanks, and leaves
lZbzy1l.gif

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My OC'd 6700k has been performing like a champ for far too long. Actually looking forward to its retirement quite honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
On an 8700k clocked at 4.3 GHZ on all cores/threads I'll be fine. I'll be looking to upgrade my cpu/motherboard in another 2-3 years probably.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Very happy with my 9900K (+32GB RAM)

Originally bought a 3700X but got rid of it and bought this 9900K. Very impressed with it. I can hit 5.1GHz across all cores with reasonable temps (~50C in games).

This will easily last me through next gen. I might be willing to give AMD another chance whenever I decide to get rid of the 9900K but I've had nothing but bother with AMD (both CPU + GPU) so we'll see....

the only upgrade I plan on making is replacing my RTX 2080 whenever Nvidia release new cards.

My OC'd 6700k has been performing like a champ for far too long. Actually looking forward to its retirement quite honestly.
my old CPU (before I tried the 3700X) was a 6700K.

i guess it still ran fine but it just couldn't handle my move from 1080p 60fps to 1440p 144hz. plus, i used to be able to run it at 4.5GHz (which is average at best) but i had to go down to 4.3GHz because 4.5GHz became impossible due to complete instability. 4.4GHz was stable but ran way too hot (hadn't changed my cooler). 4.3GHz was the best i could do while keeping temps reasonable.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
8700k @ 4.6 all core currently and expect this to keep up for at least 2 more years.

I'm sure many of the enthusiasts here have no problem getting new hardware if what they currently have doesn't give them the performance they want, including me.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Ryzen 5 3600x and man the fans are much more annoying and loud than Intel. Even on idle it just goes up and down constantly I see the GHz randomly keep spiking up a lot

Only way I can temporarily fix it is put power plan to Power Save mode instead of the recommended Balanced
I've built like 6 ryzen systems across a multitude of SKUs & boards and one thing I've noticed is that the temp probes on the Ryzen CPUs are super finnicky and spike in temperatures at almost a moment's notice. I would use Fan controller software that gives you fan curves based on temperature averages instead of just raw output, as that would make your fan curves 100x more consistent.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
my old CPU (before I tried the 3700X) was a 6700K.

i guess it still ran fine but it just couldn't handle my move from 1080p 60fps to 1440p 144hz. plus, i used to be able to run it at 4.5GHz (which is average at best) but i had to go down to 4.3GHz because 4.5GHz became impossible due to complete instability. 4.4GHz was stable but ran way too hot (hadn't changed my cooler). 4.3GHz was the best i could do while keeping temps reasonable.

I guess it depends on what games you play because my 4.7ghz 6700k has yet to be a bottleneck for me... not at 4k60, 1440p144, or on my new 1600p 21:9 ultrawide. That said I'm looking forward to building a 4900x + 3080Ti machine whenever both are released.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I've been using Intel CPUs since 2003 with no issues. Would I buy an AMD next time? Maybe.

I just pick the best parts available (in my budget) when I'm ready to upgrade, I'm not loyal to one brand over another.

I've decided I'm going to wait until 2021 at the earliest, so I'm in no rush.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm running a i5-7600K and I was feeling it with Fallen Order.

I also have a 1060 6GB, so I'm coming up on two pretty large purchases. Luckily I did my RAM upgrade earlier from my measly 8GB to 40GB, so I'm solid there for the next gen I think.

I'm heavily debating switching to AMD. All I need/want is 1080p, consistent 60FPS, and at least medium level quality, though I do like High/Ultra if I can keep the 1080p/60. If I wanted to go a little higher, maybe 1440p, but I don't have high standards for that stuff to be honest.

With their performance these past few years, as well as their lower price point, I'm leaning towards them now, but I'm also waiting to see if Intel will step their game up.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
I've got an 8086k and I'm not worried about it until it starts to become detrimental. I don't think that will happen any time soon.

That being said -- when I am ready to upgrade, I'll get the best cpu for my budget at the time.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
My friend gifted me a 9700k 2080 super PC and after reading this topic I'm worried in missing out on the HT.

Do you think next gen will have the same socket? Just in case we need to switch it out.
Damn, you got that as a gift and you still have FOMO? :p

I'm 9700k 2060. I'm definitely going to replace the 2060 sometime next year and give the GPU as a xmas present to someone. I think though the LGA1511 ends with 9900k.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Upon further investigation it seems like it's just Battlefield V that loves SMT at the moment. I must have been thinking about the older i5s falling apart and mixed things up in my head.
You mean this? Worth noting that for all the "love" for the SMT it's outputting 81 fps as a 1% low result on 9600K and this CPU in fact shows similar results to i9 9920X - a 12C/24T CPU. So I'm not too sure that this is due to the lack of threads per se.

I'd still wager that the 6C/6T CPUs are going to have issues in the future though. We're probably in the sweetspot phase where 6 cores are "just enough" for current offerings, similar to the 4C i5s back when Ryzen first came out.
That I fully agree with. 6C/6T Intel and Ryzen CPUs will likely start to struggle somewhere around 4C/8T ones, maybe just a tad later.

This is why you shouldn't panic unless you're only considering games the one known game that specifically targets the PS5 and PC. Modern, high-end desktop CPUs will continue to destroy multiplatform titles targeting Jaguar for at least 2 years.
Thing is, even if this will be true en mass and on average, there will be these outliers where these CPUs may struggle to provide anything above 30 fps - and this handful of games will be the ones which people will be using when deciding on whether to upgrade or not. And I'm pretty sure that we'll get some of them sooner than two years from now.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a general rule of thumb, I would not recommend any new gaming PC build to use a CPU that has fewer than eight threads. Whether that's eight "real" threads or a four core with hyperthreading is not particularly relevent in the short term (although I'd wager the former will perform better for longer).

With that said, as everyone pointed out, it's only really been the last couple of years that quad cores have been bottlenecking games, and I would not be surprised if we're a good solid five+ years out before seeing the likes of the 9700k becoming an issue. Sure, it won't have the lifespan of the legendary 2600k and 2700k, but you knew that already. :v

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Think I'll be needing to upgrade my trusty i5 6600k sometime in the next couple years. It's still going strong but it'll be interesting to see it's performance once the new consoles are out for a bit.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
As a general rule of thumb, I would not recommend any new gaming PC build to use a CPU that has fewer than eight threads. Whether that's eight "real" threads or a four core with hyperthreading is not particularly relevent in the short term (although I'd wager the former will perform better for longer).

With that said, as everyone pointed out, it's only really been the last couple of years that quad cores have been bottlenecking games, and I would not be surprised if we're a good solid five+ years out before seeing the likes of the 9700k becoming an issue. Sure, it won't have the lifespan of the legendary 2600k and 2700k, but you knew that already. :v
for me 6 is the minimum for today. a 6c/12t cpu is just fine. for me personally 8c/16t was the minimum. that's why I wanted a 3700X over a 3600 and ended up getting a 9900K over a 9700K.

i think less than 8 will be an issue in a few years. anything over 8 cores is just ridiculous. a 10/12/16 core cpu i don't think will do much for games this generation.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Looks like i lost the lottery on this 9900k. :( i tried 1.32v at 5 ghz and i got a crash and reboot after quitting RDR. I followed everything from this guide.

I think i'm just going to reset everything back to stock setttings except turning XMP II on for the ram. Is the 4.7ghz vs 5.ghz really going to make that much of a difference? I game at 4k/60/1440p 120 fps. Kinda of a bummer same problem i had with the 3900x.

Good news i was able to overclock my gpu. :)
+125 on the core and +800 on the memory and everything seems stable. The core clock runs at around 2040 mhz during gaming so i'm happy i got something that wasn't a total dud lol

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Any intel 8-core processor should be fine. The 6-cores will probably get choked out by mid-gen though.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Not too concerned. I've got 6 cores/12 threads, fast IPC. Built in 2018, so Zen+ was an option at the time.

It was really only in the last few years that 4c/4t CPUs really started showing their limitations in (some) modern games. The Xbox One launched with 8c/8t, and PCs today with 6c/6t CPUs are doing ok. (You probably wouldn't recommend a 6-core i5 for most new gaming builds today, but those who have them aren't suffering with current-gen titles.) Plus there are plenty of people buying Ryzen 5's with the same core/thread count as my i7, so this isn't just an Intel-only discussion.

I also don't really need my PC to "last a console generation," either. My upgrades have usually been done within five years, which would put me about 3 years into next gen. I expect to upgrade my GPU before then, but not my CPU.

A lot of that came down to architectural advantages though. The 8C/8T jaguar CPU in the Xbox One was roughly 1/4 as powerful as a 2013-era 4C/4T i5. There was so much extra power available on the PC side that the thread gap didn't matter.

This time around the only gap is going to be the clockspeed. A 9600K at 5Ghz is going to have faster cores than a 8C/16T console at 3Ghz, but it won't have enough spare power to make up for the 10 missing threads.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I was gonna build a new PC this year to finally retire my poor old OC'd 2500k buuuuut then I thought I might prefer to hold off until AM5 is out so I could upgrade my CPU if I choose and not be stuck with a socket that's at its end though with a more mature process where the kinks are (mostly?) worked out.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Will depend. Currently, AAA games on consoles are coded to utilize up to 6-7 cores/threads, this carries over to PC as well. As a result, in certain CPU heavy sections in Metro Exodus for e.g., a PC with 4-cores/4-threads sees the game max out all 4 cores to 100% resulting in stutters, frame-rate dips. Give the game 6 cores (i5-8600/9600) or up to 8 threads (i7-7700) CPUs and the game runs smoothly, utilizing about 80-90% of these CPUs to deliver 60fps and above in busier sections.

With that in mind, if next-gen games are coded to utilize more than 12 threads as the next-gen CPUs will have up to 16-threads (and the 8700 has only 12 threads), and is 30fps due to CPU-bound, then 8700 will get stressed and will surely result in poor performance when targeting 60fps. That said, I don't think next-gen games will immediately start utilizing over 12 threads because we'll still be seeing some cross-gen games developed with Jaguar CPUs in mind for about a year after PS5/XSX's launch.

12 threads are not going to pressured nextgen....as long as devs actually bother to optimize the games 6/12 is going to be min spec only late in the generation
With more studios leveraging Vulkan and DX12 an 8700K will be more than enough to get you through the generation if you are targeting 60fps.
Metro Exodus on an 8700K system is almost entirely GPU bound even AC Odyessy with it high thread utilization still ends up being GPU bound before the processor cuz it pause.

If you really think 60fps nextgen will suddenly have 9900K as a min spec, you are crazy, be realistic.
Metro.png

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
There are many games where they can't even keep above 30 though, either due to CPU or GPU. It's a question of proper performance optimizations, with some game running at 75-90% CPU load (like in your example) you're still looking at 90% peak load for a 3.2 8C/16T Zen2 CPU for hitting 30 fps and that's quite a lot, more than a 8700-non-K or a random 9600K would be able to handle - certainly not with a 60+ fps output.

I don't know why you think this way. The only possible scenario for this is the cross-gen period where games will have to be made for both the old Jaguars and the new Zen2s. Beyond that however I fully expect most AAA games to max out next gen console CPUs even for 30 fps.
I just dont see. I think games will mostly be GPU bound in 30hz. I hope i'm wrong, i want CPUs to be utilized, but i dont see it becoming reality that devs will actually manage make substantial push in full cpu multithreaded utilization on those powerful CPUs.
We have right now many optimization to update far distance animations in half-framerate etc, which could be done in full framerate with better CPUs to increase a load quite substantially etc.
We'll see, definitely a lot of scalable option can be and probably will be introduced for CPUs in future on PC side to enable higher framerate on not top end CPUs.
The Serious Sam 3 CPU options come to mind :)
XaTwLZ9.png

Jan 21, 2019

I currently have a 6600k that I bought for $265. It's 4 cores w/o MT running at 4.1 Ghz. Next-gen consoles CPU could be up to 3x my CPU performance.

I'm thinking of getting a 12-core CPU that can be pushed to 6 Ghz.I anticipate that eventually, games code will be more multi-core friendly.
Same situation. i5 6600K at 4.5 without multithreading. Why Intel why? With MT it would still be a decent chip.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
an 8700K will be more than enough to get you through the generation if you are targeting 60fps.
Current-gen or next-gen? If next-gen then no, you must be crazy if you really think that an 8700K would be enough to get you through the PS5/XSX generation, that too at 60fps in those next-gen games. Let alone late in the gen, when the PS5/XSX will be entering into their mid-gen cycle in 2023/24, the 8700 at that point would be a 7 yr old CPU. You do realize that, right? Be realistic.

You're in for a rude awakening if you seriously think that an 8700 is going to hold up against a more powerful Zen 2 CPU with 25% fewer cores and threads. Next-gen won't be like the current Jaguar era where even older-gen Intel CPUs with half the cores are outperforming PS4/XB1 CPUs. Keep in mind that we have a very competent CPU now than we did back in 2013.

Metro Exodus on an 8700K system is almost entirely GPU bound
Metro Exodus may not be a good e.g. on my part, because there are more CPU-intensive games than that like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs 2, Crysis 3... Heavily multi-threaded games like those on next-gen consoles will easily trump your 6C/12T CPU requiring 16-thread CPU for optimal performance when they come out. The reason I brought up Metro Exodus is because it can use up to 6-7 cores/threads on PC in CPU-intensive scenes because that's the number of cores/threads it's coded to utilize on consoles. Please read my post again. If you give Exodus 12-thread or 16-thread CPU obviously that's not going to make much of a difference, and it will predominantly be GPU-bound at that point.

You'd be sorely mistaken if you think that a next-gen open-world or a wide-linear/semi-open-world game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider will not use more than 12-threads on PS5/XSX. Now I'm not saying that all the games will do. But there will definitely be AAA games on consoles that will push up to 14-15 threads on Zen 2 CPU and as a direct result of that, it will require CPU with more than 12 threads on PC to run that game at consistent 60fps.

If you really think 60fps nextgen will suddenly have 9900K as a min spec, you are crazy, be realistic.

No, I did mention that this won't be happening immediately and also in my other posts I've said that 6C/12T CPU (like Ryzen 5 3600) should be fine, but it's not going to be enough for every next-gen title to run at 60fps or above. Because again, there will be games that will push for higher than 12 threads since 16 of them are available on consoles. And consoles define the baseline.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

ShOcKwAvE

Oct 27, 2017
Carlsbad, CA
Took me a while to read through this thread, but I wanted to add my thoughts.

I highly recommend everyone try buying and selling on the used market. I've been building custom PCs and flipping them for some time now, and it's really given me a different perspective on upgrading my own rig. You don't have to "time" your upgrade since you have the freedom to sell your current hardware and make back a decent chunk of your investment. After all, that's what all these expensive parts are, right?

AMD really shines right now with the AM4 platform. It supports og Zen all the way through Zen 3 this year and possibly Zen 4 next year. Though specific CPU support will vary by the chosen board (B450, X370 etc.), you have a lot more freedom than Intel offers. Their 2nd/3rd gens shared a socket, but then gens 4+5 shared a different one, then 6+7 and 8+9. Surprising no one, 10th gen is on LGA-1200, so no motherboard you have now will support those CPUs.

You THINK that you're happy with 4c/4t, but that's because you haven't seen what a difference 4/8 or 6/12 can make. It the 1% lows and general system responsiveness that just plain makes the experience better. I've built and sold a lot of PCs now with Intel gens 1-6, and the non-HT systems were pretty stuttery during my testing. I stopped flipping them because I really don't enjoy selling PCs that feel so outdated.

I recommend that if you have a 4/4 CPU or any Intel setup older than 4th gen, you should buy yourself a Ryzen 1600 AF in a B450 motherboard. This combo will run you roughly $160, and then $60 for 16GB of DDR4 (at least 3000MHz) if you don't already have that. The AF model is essentially a 2600 in disguise, so it's a huge bargain. I have one on the way for a new flip build and I'm really looking forward to testing it.

So now you've dropped $220+ tax...BUT you have this older CPU/motherboard combo and maybe some RAM to sell. If you scout your local market using Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp, Letgo and so on, you'll likely find that you can get at least $100. Some people want to build a basic gaming PC for Fortnite, WoW or Minecraft and simply won't care that it can't handle Cyberpunk or GTA6. Maybe it's a dad gifting his 8yr old, or a non-gamer looking to build a cheap home server. Whatever the case, selling your old parts just cut your upgrade cost in half!

You can argue all day long whether 6/12 will "last you" for five years, but you have to break this mentality that you're stuck with anything you buy! You'll have an upgrade path to Zen 3, and even if your board ends up not supporting it, a bunch of Zen 2 CPUs will hit the used market and you can pick up a 3700/3900 at a substantial discount.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Some new rumors on Intel's upcoming CPUs:

Rocket Lake:

videocardz.com

Exclusive: Intel Rocket Lake-S features PCI-Express 4.0, Xe Graphics - VideoCardz.com

Intel Rocket Lake-S might provide the biggest upgrade to the mainstream desktop platform in years. Intel Rocket Lake-S gets PCIe 4.0 The platform codenamed Rocket Lake-S is currently expected in late 2020. The rumors about the RLK-S platform have been floating around the web for a while now, but...

Intel-Rocket-Lake-S-VideoCardz.jpg

Tiger Lake:

wccftech.com

Intel's 11th Gen, 10nm+ Tiger Lake-U Quad Core CPU Spotted - Up To 4.30 GHz Clocks, Early Sample Faster Than Ice Lake Core i7-1065G7

The latest benchmarks of Intel's 10nm based Tiger Lake-U CPU have leaked out showing us what to expect from Intel's 11th Gen Core family.

OP
OP
TaySan

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Some new rumors on Intel's upcoming CPUs:

Rocket Lake:

videocardz.com

Exclusive: Intel Rocket Lake-S features PCI-Express 4.0, Xe Graphics - VideoCardz.com

Intel Rocket Lake-S might provide the biggest upgrade to the mainstream desktop platform in years. Intel Rocket Lake-S gets PCIe 4.0 The platform codenamed Rocket Lake-S is currently expected in late 2020. The rumors about the RLK-S platform have been floating around the web for a while now, but...

Intel-Rocket-Lake-S-VideoCardz.jpg

Tiger Lake:

wccftech.com

Intel's 11th Gen, 10nm+ Tiger Lake-U Quad Core CPU Spotted - Up To 4.30 GHz Clocks, Early Sample Faster Than Ice Lake Core i7-1065G7

The latest benchmarks of Intel's 10nm based Tiger Lake-U CPU have leaked out showing us what to expect from Intel's 11th Gen Core family.
Wish i could have waited a little longer, but i'm confident the 9900k will do fine for the next couple of years at least. And by then hopefully Intel will get their stuff together and we will have better options. :)