• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Let me know if I'm missing anything but Activision Blizzard seems to be the most unreliable company when it comes to licensing. At least some of them still exist in physical form.

Angry Birds Star Wars
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Deadpool
Ghostbusters
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
The Amazing Spiderman 2
The Legend of Korra
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
Transformers Devastation
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
White Night

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
That is interesting OP. Glad I bought MUA bundle at launch. Those were some good games I couldnt miss out on. They are still installed my PS4 just in case.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Deadpool was solid, shame it's been delisted.

Quite happy Activision aren't involved with Marvel properties anymore, now Marvel Games can let individual studios handle their IPs and we won't have to worry about their games disappearing from digital storefronts.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Was just searching up Ultimate Alliance 1&2 yesterday to discover those for the first time in advance for UA 3. But welp...

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, bunch of licensed titles I bet they have no interest on renewing them. Can't blame them, gotta save them moneys for the shareholders! Sucks for preservation purposes tho, I do believe some of those titles were digital only.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Good to note that, for a long time, Activision was one of the publishers releasing the most licensed games so I think this is just normal.

Still sucks obviously but it's par for the course with anything licensed these days.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait the high moon transformers were on PS4. I always wanted to try those out. Did they get a physical release?

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
The Legend of Korra was enjoyable it had some of the classic platinum gameplay but the budget was seriously lacking

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all that list chivalry and white knight are the only questionable ones. Everything else is licensed.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Amazing Spider-Man 2 popping up for around 30 dollars even during psn sales until its dying day. It seems they squeezed every last drop of blood from that rock.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only head scratcher on there is chivalry
Yeah, wtf. Just clocked too. I didn't know Chivalry's console versions were published by Activision.
yeah what the hell? i can understand the others even though it's sad how short the lifespans of some of these have been.
I guess White Night isn't based on anything either.

The developer of Chivalry pulled out Mirage: Arcane Warfare in the past because they didn't want to comply with GDPR EU regulations. Could be the same here.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
The licensed ones I get - it sucks, but at least there's a logical reason.

Chivalry and White Night are very puzzling though...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This happens with retail as well, when the license expires they won't print licensed games anymore.
"B-but you can find used copies", sure and on PC you can find digital keys as well.
I think the bigger point here is that a physical release along side of a digital at least alleviates some of this. If these games are/were digital only, then I'd have no way of obtaining them outside of buying a console that has the game on it where as if the game had a physical release I could buy a used copy of that game.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Poor White Night, Indie devs don't deserve this. It's still up on Xbox, wonder what happened.

Edit: I take that back, it's listed but not available on Xbox.

OP
OP
krg

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Will try to track some of them down, but I really wanted to try Fall of Cybertron on PS4/PC since I own War for Cybertron, I guess I'm out of luck.

Oct 27, 2017
And physical is only good when the game isn't majorly tied to servers for day one patches and content.

Most physical games are still playable without patches. Sure it might not be the best way to play, but they're still playable.
And a semi-functional physical game is infinitely better than an non-existent digital one that's been pulled from the servers.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
At least the games are still avaiable physically and to folks who already bought them. (and to very desperate folks. probably by less legal means too).

Now imagine in the (potential) streaming only future, all these games would be completely gone forever. Once the liscense is up they're wiped from the face of the earth.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has this been happening on PC too? Does licensed stuff get delisted from Steam often?
This just might be a thing we'll have to get used to, at least us console players. It sucks but I understand why it happens.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Delisted games can still be downloaded if you bough them.

For now. PC is the only platform that I would be completely confident in being able to always download everything you purchased. Microsoft is pretty high as well just because of the focus on BC, but Sony and Nintendo I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they one day put an expiration on licenses purchased and you lose shit completely unless already downloaded. Hopefully not but I could see it happening.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Transformers Devastation is a must have for fans. Boxed version must be more expensive now, right?