• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So I have been IF for the past 3ish weeks now and I have noticed some small weight loss but I think I'm plateauing. I am 186lbs and have been trying to go down to 170. I just been doing my nice fasted runs in the morning before I break my fast at 12 pm. (Doing the 16:8). I started feeling sluggish mentally at work so I decided to drink straight black coffee in the mornings. I've been told it doesn't break your fast and helps with the metabolism but too early to tell. Is there anything I can do move past my plateau? I use Myfitnesspal to track my calories. It told me based off my weight goals, I shouldn't eat more than 1900 calories in a day which I followed 99% of the way through. Does this calorie limit seem correct?

Add a low activity zero calorie day or two low calorie days (~500 calories) to your week.

Make sure you are getting enough protein, followed by fat. Carbs are the macro you should throw out first if you need to cut calories.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Add a low activity zero calorie day or two low calorie days (~500 calories) to your week.

Make sure you are getting enough protein, followed by fat. Carbs are the macro you should throw out first if you need to cut calories.

That sounds pretty hard... lol. Should I just eat at the end of my eating window if I'm doing the 500 calories?

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
That's the easiest way. If you just drink some water or some other zero calorie beverage and wait you'll find the hunger passes pretty quickly.

Good to know. I will say though, even though I stated I've been hitting a plateau, my clothes have been feeling looser and looser despite it. Especially when I wear my pants. Even though I've just been doing cardio for now, is my weight being redistributed elsewhere on my body? I assume to my leg muscles?

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting so what do you do it for? Are you still losing weight?

For me, I do it because I have an issue with snacking out of boredom and IF will hopefully help me stick to mealtimes. I just started this week (16:8, 12-8 is my food time and I try to stick to just a lunch and a dinner), so we'll see. Once I get through a month or two and build the habit, I'll probably add in a healthy breakfast.

With my schedule, my goal is to break the habit of eating out of boredom by stopping myself twice a day (morning until 12 and after 8). Weight isn't really part of it, I'm fine with that part.

Good to know. I will say though, even though I stated I've been hitting a plateau, my clothes have been feeling looser and looser despite it. Especially when I wear my pants. Even though I've just been doing cardio for now, is my weight being redistributed elsewhere on my body? I assume to my leg muscles?

Yeah, could just be redistribution. The number is not an exact science, human frames can be very different with how we carry muscle/fat/etc...

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

Fat loss isn't linear. Often times your body will hang on to water and the scale will read the same or even gain overnight even though that should be impossible. All you can do is trust that your math is correct. Your clothes will be the leading indicator that you're on the right path. Value your week to week averages more than any single weigh in.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Fat loss isn't linear. Often times your body will hang on to water and the scale will read the same or even gain overnight even though that should be impossible. All you can do is trust that your math is correct. Your clothes will be the leading indicator that you're on the right path. Value your week to week averages more than any single weigh in.
Yep, best weight loss advice.

Weight fluctuates day by day. Better to do averages over weeks

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022

Yep, best weight loss advice.

Weight fluctuates day by day. Better to do averages over weeks

Yeah it will probably make me too obsessed if I keep looking at my weight everyday haha.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Anyone take/drink LMNT electrolyte mixes during your fast? Would only the raw unflavored one (0 cal 0 carbs) be considered safe for a fast?

Their other flavors range from 5-10 calories per packet.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone take/drink LMNT electrolyte mixes during your fast? Would only the raw unflavored one (0 cal 0 carbs) be considered safe for a fast?

Their other flavors range from 5-10 calories per packet.

Don't worry about what might or might not break your fast. Science isn't even sure, and it's not the only way to get autophagy. 95% of the point is the calorie deficit, so do whatever helps you maintain the routine.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Might start shifting my windows over to 4pm-7pm and really push for 1 meal a day. Need to mix things up and this is seems doable. Last weekend was havoc to say the least.

on 3day (out of 5) water fast today, think the biggest pangs were last night and shouldn't reoccur going by past experience.