• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
As always de-platforming works. If he should have mental health problems, it might even be better for him.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
aaaaaand he just deleted all those tweets from the past 48 hours. I don't know if he's homophobic, racist, mentally ill, drugged, or what, but one thing's for sure. He is really dumb.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had to google the meaning of half of those terms in the second tweet...

What an idiot. Should be banned from Twitter.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
except that he fully admitted that it *was*, and that the main (but not sole) motivator behind it was money that he was *not* getting because of the network he was a part of

fuck him
you're assuming he's telling the whole truth when there is absolutely no precedent to that. if anything, he is the last person to trust about his own motivations. I'm not excusing his behavior, I'm saying that none of us have the information to make a judgment call on what is going on with him and that instead of giving him negative attention or positive attention, we should reach out to people close to him to get him off the internet because clearly he is just using it as a vehicle to stir up shit.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
He was also posting weird descriptions for his YouTube videos, namely for his sub-par Ridley videos.

With that said, really? Come on, Etika. It was bad enough when he was out there defending Vic Mignogna. You're better than this, man.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Huh?

Edit:

Reading his tweets he sounds like a angry white gamer who hates everything that isnt white and straight. Was surprised he is a black person. Sorry if i hurt feelings

If you replace white with any other ethnicity how would that comment go down? It should be pretty universal on here. No racism whatsoever.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He was also posting weird descriptions for his YouTube videos, namely for his sub-par Ridley videos.

With that said, really? Come on, Etika. It was bad enough when he was out there defending Vic Mignogna. You're better than this, man.
how do you know he's better than this?

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Really? How oblivious could you be.

But anyway none of what he said is remotely acceptable but its obvious he has serious mental health problems that are inherently linked to his garbage "content" so I just want him banned for good from everywhere but I do feel a small bit of empathy since he seems like another victim of the internet age mental instability.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I think the dude is having a mental breakdown. Got some demons inside of him for a lack of a better word

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
how do you know he's better than this?
I've been watching Etika since the around the Smash Wii U/3DS hype cycle & he' always been a chill dude, especially during his streams. I'm not excusing his actions in any way, but seeing him do shit like this is disheartening, honestly.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait

Wait Vic is guilty? I haven't been following but last time i read they made up false evidence against him.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Fecking hell...I pity the kids that have such peeps as their role models...I have met some who do and I am still scratching my head.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
He just made a video about how he moved into a new place and all. And then he does something like this? What's the point? Why delete everything later as well?

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Mar 29, 2018
Honestly, these episodes sound like drug use to me. He seems pretty "normal" in his streams, but on twitter, he just raves about nonsense sometimes. It would certainly explain his erratic streaming schedule. He barely plays any games anymore and his viewers are constantly complaining about it. After the donations pour in he nopes out of the stream and makes some bullshit excuse.
Damn, that's sounds like a compelling analysis. Explains the erratic and money-focused thing.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
what he actually needs if for people to stop giving a stage for him to put a show on.

If anybody actually gives a damn about his personal mental health... then stop giving him a platform. He wants to be spoken about because in the Youtuber/Streamer world being heard of is equal to being known which leads into being popular which leads into numbers. It's a numbers game and it's all that it matters for quite a few. People will loose sight and will trade health for cash and popularity... and believe you me, you can easily make cash out of a public meltdown of your own if you get lucky... but plenty dont.

So, stop talking about the guy and he will move away from this, which is clearly doing him harm...

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time for a new barber that haircut is ehm..... also this really sucks i actually liked Etika before he went totally nuts like this. Hes done it multiple times now no excuses anymore.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory drive-by posting excusing racist language
Black people can't be racist.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Sad to still see people making excuses for scum, mental illness and drugs don't turn you racist or homophobic. Stop making excuses for him and trying to make reason for his actions. Report him until he gets banned and we won't see more of it in the future.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i can definitely see the argument, but at the same time it's good to let people know what kind of person this guy is (again)

Yeah you're right, people do need to know, but I guess it'd be nice if we could have the equivalent of a newspaper heading that says 'Man Stabbed to Death' instead of just showing the corpse in HD.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sad to still see people making excuses for scum, mental illness and drugs don't turn you racist or homophobic. Stop making excuses for him and trying to make reason for his actions. Report him until he gets banned and we won't see more of it in the future.
Exactly. And thats me agreeing as a person who has mental issues himself they are no excuse to be toxic & shitty etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how comments like this are ok. People should be banned for this nonsense too.
I know you're already banned but congrats on the worst take in a while.
If you replace white with any other ethnicity how would that comment go down? It should be pretty universal on here. No racism whatsoever.
It's almost like being the racist oppressor for literal millenia means you get to take shit for it. Spooky.

Etika seems like a generic internet edgelord who built a toxic audience he feels like he can cater to. It's honestly all just incredibly 2004 at this point, just with social media signal boosting it. Can we not assign shit like this to "mental health issues" btw? You're not a psychiatrist.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I think he gained his following because his content can actually be pretty hilarious. He pioneered the comically over-the-top reaction vids for Nintendo Directs and other such presentations.

He could be making balloon animals for children parties for all i care, really.
He is one of the many whose ideas mean something to the public because they seem to be good entertainers. That's pretty alarming if you ask me.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the little I know about this guy I honestly have no idea why people are even entertaining the possibility that he was hacked.

This is 1000% his lane.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I don't know who he is but he doesn't seem to be mentally well. I hope he finds help though. His flat top is glorious, respect! Gotta show it to my brother in law.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so he made the whole mental health breakdown thing? What?!

I was legit concerned for the guy when I heard. I don't really follow up him so I don't know of anything currently or this recent news.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I liked Etika until the drama some months ago.

The circumstances around it made me believe that he wasn't actually suffering through a genuine mental health incident, but was trying to gain attention or publicity.

After that, I stopped following all his activities. Which was a shame, because I found some of his content genuinely entertaining.

This seems consistent with his previous demonstrated behaviours.

emperor_ing

Jan 10, 2018
United Kingdom
The guy was funny at first when I first stumbled upon some of his Nintendo Direct and Smash reaction videos. They're pretty staged and the novelty wore off pretty quickly though, so I kinda stopped paying that much attention after a while. If he's genuinely making posts like these he's just coming off as an idiot really and it'll come back to haunt him at some point.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Mental illness doesn't cause bigotry.

Conflating the two is seriously harmful to everyone dealing with mental illness, and only deepens the stigma.

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
Reading through the thread, he is getting a pass from a lot of people and the benefit of doubt.

Why? Wtf.

And he's done this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.