• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm going to say the exact same thing I said in the last thread that was made when he spouted some hate (which I got banned for, I might add, for "downplaying mental health issues"):

He's an attention seeking asshole.

Same reason I got banned, I wasn't even downplaying them I was commenting on him calling some dude a F**.

We got did wrong in the last thread. This dudes behaviour sucks.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm reading on Twitter he has been doing hard drugs. Is this true? This is probably the cause of everything.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I used to follow and watch Etika's streams since his reactions to everything Nintendo related were hilarious as heck, but screw this guy tbh. He just doesn't seem to think straight anymore. He is pretty much insulting the same people who support him economically just so he can live nicely and do nothing but play videogames and he doesn't even do that anymore, and this is how you say thanks? Come on, man...

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
g67qd80ples21.png

Yeah this dude know what he's doing.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
He's kinda scaring me tbh. I hope he gets the help he needs soon. His reactions were enjoyable to watch but I never could get into his streams due to him constantly using the N word and how he says it like it's a common greeting. It's a stupid offensive word, nobody should use it. End of story.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get the compassion being shown towards Etika on yet another homophobic/racist/prejudice outburst rage. He ain't shit, never been shit, and gained followers and notoriety by peddling this same kind of shit while being of the most obnoxious gaming streamers on the map. Everyone should be careful when bolstering manchildren onto to platforms like this.

Last edited:

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of course the only time a black person gets condescending sympathy and "mental illness" is when they act like a modern day jive turkey.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm not here to tell y'all how to live your lives, but you have to know when it's time to bail out. Etika said some wild shit in the middle of the night, deleted it, and then hit everyone with a "See ya tomorrow nigga!" like it's regular shit.

If that's your guy and you support that brand of fuckery, then don't be surprised if you get sideeyed in the future. It's clown shit.

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.
Why are the people in this thread supporting this dude? This isn't the second time that he goes around saying extremely Bigoted stuff about people.

People on the last were banned because they were "downplaying mental illness" for not believing him. But when you're constantly going around saying extremely bigoted things. I don't think mental illness is the issue here.

And doubt mental illness will turn anyone to a bigot fool. So save me the excuse for that. Because if that's the case, then you're giving an excuse card to all the stupid bigots in this world!

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Being mentally ill doesn't suddenly make you racist. It just reveals your own racism.

This is untrue. Schizoid disorders can cause massive shifts in personality, and ideology. There have been known cases where an individual could be a completely normal and rational human being, and even extremely empathetic, and then years later become incredibly bigoted and paranoid. Let's not just make broad statements about mental health when we don't know what we're talking about. I'm in no way defending the use of racial slurs, or homophobia but this kid needs help.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is untrue. Schizoid disorders can cause massive shifts in personality, and ideology. There have been known cases where an individual could be a completely normal and rational human being, and even extremely empathetic, and then years later become incredibly bigoted and paranoid. Let's not just make broad statements about mental health when we don't know what we're talking about. I'm in no way defending the use of racial slurs, or homophobia but this kid needs help.

Those people were bigoted before their breakdown.

Things like racism don't appear out of thin air. They are deeply embedded in our societies and infrastructures. It's a learned behavior.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Those people were bigoted before their breakdown.

Things like racism don't appear out of thin air. They are deeply embedded in our societies and infrastructures. It's a learned behavior.

I'll say it one last time, there are documented cases of people being normal, and empathetic and suddenly (over a course of time, usually a few years or months even) using racial slurs and slinging around bigoted non-sense with a drastic change in ideology. People don't 180 and "show their true selves" when mental illness strikes... That's a horrid way of viewing things. Mental illness is complicated and it CAN cause a shift in views, and such.

Hell I'm not even disagreeing with general statement that bigotry is a learned behavior, you're not wrong... but not every mentally ill person that begins to exhibit bigoted views has always been that way, they can "become" that way due to BOTH factors. Generalizations help nobody.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'll say it one last time, there are documented cases of people being normal, and empathetic and suddenly using racial slurs and slinging around bigoted non-sense with a drastic change in ideology. People don't 180 and "show their true selves" when mental illness strikes... That's a horrid way of viewing things. Mental illness is complicated and it CAN cause a shift in views, and such.

Hell I'm not even disagreeing with general statement that bigotry is a learned behavior, you're not wrong... but not every mentally ill person that begins to exhibit bigoted views has always been that way, then can "become" that way due to BOTH factors.

Post these studies. You say we shouldn't act like we know everything that's going on, but how do you know they didn't already have racist behaviors/ideas that they didn't vocalize, even on a subconscious level. Are you in their brain?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Seems more like a mental breakdown, I remember reading about this dude not so long ago when he admitted himself to some sort of institute, clearly it didn't help much.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Post these studies. You say we shouldn't act like we know everything that's going on, but how do you know they didn't already have racist behaviors/ideas that they didn't vocalize, even on a subconscious level. Are you in their brain?

I'm not saying they were, I just find it to be a horrible take to assume that all mentally ill individuals who begin to act this way were somehow "always" this way. There's no way to know.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1071634/

Also there.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
I'll say it one last time, there are documented cases of people being normal, and empathetic and suddenly (over a course of time, usually a few years or months even) using racial slurs and slinging around bigoted non-sense with a drastic change in ideology. People don't 180 and "show their true selves" when mental illness strikes... That's a horrid way of viewing things. Mental illness is complicated and it CAN cause a shift in views, and such.

Hell I'm not even disagreeing with general statement that bigotry is a learned behavior, you're not wrong... but not every mentally ill person that begins to exhibit bigoted views has always been that way, they can "become" that way due to BOTH factors. Generalizations help nobody.
I'll second that. I have a brother who is not bigoted, racist, or anything of the sort. However, he does have mental issues where he has had to stay in specialized hospitals for that sort of thing for weeks at a time. I have seen him turn from a loving, sweet dude to a complete asshole who looks like he's trying to get under everyone's skin by saying everything foul word known to man. Then after taking his medication can turn right back into that loving guy. So, it's all about taking care of those issues but you need supervision and someone to be on you about it.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Why are the people in this thread supporting this dude? This isn't the second time that he goes around saying extremely Bigoted stuff about people.

People on the last were banned because they were "downplaying mental illness" for not believing him. But when you're constantly going around saying extremely bigoted things. I don't think mental illness is the issue here.

And doubt mental illness will turn anyone to a bigot fool. So save me the excuse for that. Because if that's the case, then you're giving an excuse card to all the stupid bigots in this world!

Exactly. This guy has been an obnoxious, sexist asshole who's "horny on main" personified and gives racists fuel. He should have never been given the benefit of the doubt and that people were banned last time for calling him out is stupid. Stop following dumbass shitty clickbait, people. This content shouldn't be something a grown-ass person would enjoy.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Exactly. This guy has been an obnoxious, sexist asshole who's "horny on main" personified and gives racists fuel. He should have never been given the benefit of the doubt and that people were banned last time for calling him out is stupid. Stop following dumbass shitty clickbait, people. This content shouldn't be something a grown-ass person would enjoy.

I think's important for me to state here, that I do not like Etika. I find his content juvenile and obnoxious. I don't however like the fact that people are just outright attacking somebody who very much seems mentally unstable... You don't have to "support" him to try and be empathetic in this situation jesus. With that said I hope he gets banned from twitter and gets some help.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I think's important for me to state here, that I do not like Etika. I find his content juvenile and obnoxious. I don't however like the fact that people are just outright attacking somebody who very much seems mentally unstable... You don't have to "support" him to try and be empathetic in this situation jesus. With that said I hope he gets banned from twitter and gets some help.

I was talking in general, not directed to you. That said, as someone who suffers from depression and anxiety and is on the autism spectrum there is absolutely nothing excusable about what he's doing and if he wanted to be taken seriously he shouldn't have made a persona that makes it impossible to tell if he does have a mental illness or he just wants clickbait attention like usual.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
A random musing... and I'm just saying this because sometimes I feel alienated by the vitriol on all sides of the internet — this whirlpool of hate that churns and churns between our faceless, flickering computer screens:

I sometimes observe that we like to separate the "soul" (one's character) from ailments of the mind, because it feels good to vilify those who are hurtful and offensive, and it feels righteous to completely and utterly destroy them. And indeed, there is meaningful good in standing up to bullies who would seek to marginalize others. Nobody should be diminished for their lifestyle, orientation, identity, gender, ethnicity, culture or creed. All people should be loved and cherished for who they are, so long as they're not hurting others.

But where some of these offenders are concerned, I'm increasingly unsure how separate the two things actually are (one's character, and mental illness). I think there's a very real strain of mental illness running through the gaming community, and it manifests itself in different ways for different people. Many of us struggle with mental illness but are still in enough control of our faculties to not think or say hurtful things. But if someone lacks that control, are they "evil?" Or do they need help?

I sometimes wonder if people like this guy are legitimately suffering from some ailment that distorts their perception, judgment and ability to parse through emotions. If he's sincere in his posts, it seems like he has a sharp disconnect from reality. And I'm not sure how personally one can take the ravings of a person only loosely connected to the world around them.

At any rate, attacking him just gives him a platform to spread his toxicity even farther. Maybe it's best to ignore him while he hopefully stabilizes. Call him out on his crap once or twice, so that others can see it's not tolerated; and intervene if he starts acting suicidal; but don't stoop to the level of hating on him as something irredeemably evil. I'm not sure what good that ultimately accomplishes, especially if he's ill.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I was talking in general, not directed to you. That said, as someone who suffers from depression and anxiety and is on the autism spectrum there is absolutely nothing excusable about what he's doing and if he wanted to be taken seriously he shouldn't have made a persona that makes it impossible to tell if he does have a mental illness or he just wants clickbait attention like usual.

I mean I agree. He shouldn't be on the internet, especially in a content creator/influencer form. He seems delusional 90% of the time, and needs help. If he himself doesn't actually act on that or have anyone looking after him to make sure he gets the help he needs I don't know what to say other than that I pity him, and I'm in agreement that it's "inexcusable" but I don't think the "WAS ALWAYS A RACIST PIECE OF TRASH, HOPE THE WORST HAPPENS TO HIM" is the proper way to go about shooting criticism in his direction.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I don't however like the fact that people are attacking somebody who very much seems mentally unstable...
I'm not gonna tut-tut people who are attacking someone known for doing publicity stunts. His "suicide" thing last time was just that (which he personally confirmed because he was forced to and also because he didn't want it to hit his wallet).

Nov 13, 2017
Queer gamers: (get bullied, receive death threats, can't play online without being harassed)

Gamers: ...

Etika: FAGGOTS

Gamers: omg bb I hope you get better soon :'( ilysm

Status
Not open for further replies.