• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Reading that Reddit page about Etika being in a cult is some nuts stuff, it seems he was hinting at something in the summer to happen and he talked about the cult way back in 2015 and no one batted an eye about it.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Funny you say that since now his reddit is gathering evidence that he may be in a cult

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtikaRedditNetwork/comments/bjbxn6/so_etika_may_be_in_a_cult/

Shits wild
The Venus Project aren't a Satanic cult, they're a bunch of weirdo futurists who want to build sustainable cities, and are more a remnant of the New Left that doesn't know when to call it quits. It's the same old 'they're a leftist group that cares about internationalism and actually saving our planet from ourselves and they're also kinda weirdos, therefore they must be an evil Satanic cult!'
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Venus_Project
EDIT: this is also getting into the fact that most 'Satanic' orgs are atheists taking the piss on conservative Christians, and most lay belief in Satanic cults being evil and globally influential instead of (mostly) benign and fringe is itself based on conspiratorial hogwash from the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Man, this shit is wild in the worst of ways; like I honestly expect to see him on the news at some point. Hopefully this situation gets better, cause I don't see this ending well for him if things continue down this path. That stuff with the cult sounds fucked too, makes this whole thing even worse.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Venus Project aren't a Satanic cult, they're a bunch of weirdo futurists who want to build sustainable cities, and are more a remnant of the New Left that doesn't know when to call it quits. It's the same old 'they're a leftist group that cares about internationalism and actually saving our planet from ourselves and they're also kinda weirdos, therefore they must be an evil Satanic cult!'
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Venus_Project
EDIT: this is also getting into the fact that most 'Satanic' orgs are atheists taking the piss on conservative Christians, and most lay belief in Satanic cults being evil and globally influential instead of (mostly) benign and fringe is itself based on conspiratorial hogwash from the 80s and 90s.

Different Venus Project, this is the one they're referring to: https://venusproject.org/mission.html

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Funny you say that since now his reddit is gathering evidence that he may be in a cult

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtikaRedditNetwork/comments/bjbxn6/so_etika_may_be_in_a_cult/

Shits wild
This is worse than I thought and disgusting if true. Giving certain people a platform through social media is what continues to make me fear for our future. Dude has to many young impressionable minds that look up to him and would do as he says or fall into the same things he does.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Shits wild
aZ7Sdqc.gif

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Not gonna lie, the cult thing totally blindsided me, I didn't even consider it could be an option. I am just going to hope everything ends well for everyone.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
That cult stuff is wild if true. Especially that he mentioned that The Venus Project wanted him on Youtube in the first place.

Not sure that they are a proven cult yet though.

Last edited:

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

At least he isn't dead I guess. But it's all over now. No way he's getting off likely.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can you please edit out the video? This is exactly part of the problem.

All of these people who know him personally who, instead of shutting the fuck up and either cutting ties or helping him in private, pull ALL of the stuff to the surface, making it ALL public, in fact helping him with gaining even more publicity than he could on his own. His ex-girlfriend talking about his issues and explain, in detail, what he's doing or not doing without asking him, this dude who "knows him personally" who decides that the internet has to know everything about this - and he even manages to make quite a bit of money off of it. Great!

All of these "friends" of his are helping him. They are helping him in keeping this as much in the spotlight as possible, turning it all into a big "DRAMA!!" spectacle for the masses instead of treating it like it is, a serious mental health issue of a person completely going off the deep end. Get this shit out of the public eye ffs. If he doesn't want to help, producing drama-alert-style content off of it, leveraging your position as a person "in the know" isn't the alternative.

Okay, sure I removed it. :)

Edit:Holy shit at the new development

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Man what's even worst is all the people cheering for him and stuff. Like why would you encourage this stuff

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Man it's stuff like this video that makes me lose faith in humanity. Dude makes a bunch of obviously fake overreaction videos on YouTube and suddenly he has a fanbase like this that cheers him on while he assaults police officers and all they do is throw "LMAOOOOOO" captions over their videos of it. These people legitimately sicken me.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ. Well, he's going to jail. Hopefully he gets medicated and watched over, so when he is released he can be stable being.

I wonder what was the cause for his mental breakdowns and elitism?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this was the best case scenario for him since he was never going to turn himself in for treatment

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
That video is terrible. This is real life. It isn't a meme. People are cheering and encouraging him.

He assaulted a cop. There's video of it. That should be enough to get him placed in a treatment center for the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If Etika goes for the insanity plea (he'd have a very strong case, that's for sure...), the court would mandate him to spend some time in an institution, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.