• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell did he hit the cop?

According to people ITT "for attention" or "hes just a shithead"

That kind of attitude is part of the reason this kind of shit is going to continue to happen, people are going to continue to hurt themselves and others. The counterpart to the audience egging him on is the total apathy and disinterest in even trying to see human beings as being more complicated than good/bad.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess he'll get help now whether he wants it or not. It's sad seeing his fans continuing to push him towards more dangerous behavior rather than finding some way to help him

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Holy shit.

He can probably still get out of this by maybe pleading down if it's his first offense. At least serve probation.

Dude needs help.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
This is very sad... Jesus... The apathy on display, the sheer mindlessness of his fans... It's sad to see. I hope that a court forces him to get help...

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Dear god, did he really assault a cop? That could've gone horribly wrong in so many ways -- for Etika, for the cop, even bystanders caught in the middle of it.

The cop would've been well within his right to defend himself with lethal force. Thank goodness it didn't come to that.

But Etika seriously needs help. His basic sense of self-preservation seems tenuous at best at this point.

Things keep escalating at this rate, he's going to get himself or someone else killed.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Dude, I know exactly where that area is, there was no reason for that. That area is a good ass area and it's not even in the hood or something. That was in Downtown Brooklyn, my guy.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
One thing is for sure Etika is probably the luckiest black man when it comes to being dealt with by the police, seriously things could have ended up real ugly

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro literally "crazy" I would be scared if I saw that in real life. Thats how you know something wrong with em.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I think there might be some truth to the theory that he's got some mental problems
This has been plainly obvious for awhile now. Guy is mentally ill in a way that's dangerous to himself and others, and he needs intervention. When he is inevitably put on trial for this, I imagine his defense counsel will actually take the insanity route, and that's when we'll get some concrete testing to support it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The Venus Project aren't a Satanic cult, they're a bunch of weirdo futurists who want to build sustainable cities, and are more a remnant of the New Left that doesn't know when to call it quits. It's the same old 'they're a leftist group that cares about internationalism and actually saving our planet from ourselves and they're also kinda weirdos, therefore they must be an evil Satanic cult!'
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/The_Venus_Project
EDIT: this is also getting into the fact that most 'Satanic' orgs are atheists taking the piss on conservative Christians, and most lay belief in Satanic cults being evil and globally influential instead of (mostly) benign and fringe is itself based on conspiratorial hogwash from the 80s and 90s.

There's a different Venus Project in New York, and the OP there confused a resource based economy project with a cult in New York that tells the "truth about the Bible".

EDIT: Big oops, seems others brought this up, too.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

well that's good at least.
He'll likely stay there longer now that there is more to show he's unstable.

The first time he went, if he was denying suicidality and homicidality, and appeared well, they wouldn't have much to admit him Involuntarily.
You can't ignore their rights if they won't be voluntary

Now they do.
(have more behaviors/symptoms)

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he does stay there, for a year this time
the average length of stay for an acute inpatient psychaitric hospital is 7-10 days. (assuming that's where he went on a emergency detention)

If he cooperates, acts "normal", denies Suicide, voices, hallucination, goes to group during the day, interacts with others, and takes meds (assuming some are prescribed), that's about how long it'd last.

If he gets worse, acts up, refuses all medication and groups, isolates himself, then he'll stay longer.

He wouldn't stay a year though.
He'd have to be transferred to a different facility for a longer stay

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Inappropriate joke/meme.
Inappropriate meme Image removed

Can they keep him until he get at least a treatment, he's lucky he didn't get shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017
He'll be back out tomorrow doing stupid ass shit yet again. I'm tired of this dudes constant merry go round of doing and saying horrible shit.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Whelp... Fredrik Knudson will probably have a sad documentary on this. He often does videos detailing the sad downward spiral of individuals such as this, and the populous response and it's effect on the individual. I think that makes me sad... knowing this guy will end up there... I hope he gets help.

AfterZero

Oct 27, 2017
It's like he's trying to go out in some weird blaze of glory. As plenty of people have said already, this isn't going to end well at all. It's sick and it's sad.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
He'll be back out tomorrow doing stupid ass shit yet again. I'm tired of this dudes constant merry go round of doing and saying horrible shit.

I doubt he'll be out that fast. He assaulted a member of the NYPD. Probably the only reason he's not in jail right now is they have it on record that he received a wellness check and a mental health assessment days ago.

I would be genuinely shocked if he can just walk away from this easily.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is , if he actually has mental health issues , the desire for attention may be part of the mental illness.

I don't get the desire by attention part. Before he nuked his first channel without a proper schedule and always random as fuck he would do a stream and get 30K plus viewers at all times of the day. He would make thousands in a stream. He never announce his streams before hand. The dude had all the attention and then some before he started... I don't know how to say it without coming off as a asshole... going down hill?

I don't think this is a attention thing. I think he got big and was still growing and he didn't know how to handle all of the pressure. If you watch his streams and saw the messages that came in with the donations he was inspiring people before he started going down hill and was extremely positive. That is part of the reason his fan base is so loyal to him.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we already reached the point where people are just laughing at CJ memes about mental institutions and calling him "nuts". Its all a big joke. I have no doubt in my mind if he died that people would still be having a laugh.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
This mans luck stat is truly od. Being black and assaulting cops in New York of all places? Could of been the end for sure.

Hope he finally gets help instead being let go under the diagnosis of agitation

Status
Not open for further replies.