• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're saying a black cop will automatically go easy on a black civilian, which for one isn't always true, and second IS racial bias.

He's saying the a random black cop has a much better chance treating Him fairly vs A random white cop. Yes we know "can't give a black man power/Crab syndrome" is a thing but I'm still willing to bet that he had a much higher chance of getting iced if it was a white guy he decided to attack.

Please stop derailing the already bad trainwreck thread with this stuff and make a new thread if you really don't get it.

update: he aint goin nowhere

edit: beaten

I hope this is the end of it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
That kind of explains why Erika keeps talking about the stars in his tweets.

No, it doesn't, because the Venus Project - the one in Florida - has nothing to do with sci-fi stories and space.

I'm really unsure how this theory started, but based on that Reddit thread people posted here, they're confusing a separate Venus Project in New York with the resource based economy one. The one in New York, for example, proposes conspiracies about 9/11 and the Bible. The one in Florida by the late Jacque Fresco avoided a lot of conspiracy theories and wishywashy thinking.

These two are not related other than in name. People are strangely thinking Etika is in a cult, and looking up any of the talks Fresco gave, you can tell quite instantly there's no Osho-esque cult behavior afoot.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs and is able to live with people who will look out for his well being. I think removing him from the internet will do wonders for his psyche

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm finding it really weird how is ex is constantly reporting him and his status and seeming use it for a bit of fame, like she did last he had a mental break down. It's odd
It's not just odd, it's what she's always done. I didn't know who Etika was until that first major freak out months ago and Resetera posted a topic about it. Someone in that original topic linked to her stream where she was acting just ridiculous. She tries to be an internet celebrity just as much as he does. To each their own and if someone wants to share their personal lives online go for it, but all of these people involved should really take a step back and get this sorted out in real life. They grew up with social media being such an enormous force in their lives but it's clearly unhealthy. Then you get completely disgusting shit bags relishing in the drama because it gets them clicks and views. It's all at the expense of sanity.

Jun 17, 2018
He's saying the a random black cop has a much better chance treating Him fairly vs A random white cop. Yes we know "can't give a black man power/Crab syndrome" is a thing but I'm still willing to bet that he had a much higher chance of getting iced if it was a white guy he decided to attack.

Please stop derailing the already bad trainwreck thread with this stuff and make a new thread if you really don't get it.
Derailing? There is no clear path to the thread, but I'll take your backseat modding and bow out. Peace and blessings.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
User Banned (1 Month): Conspiratorial Rhetoric and a History of Similar Behaviour
I'm sorry but I have to ask how we know any of this shit is even real.

Everything is coming from his supposed ex GF who IIRC we know is kinda a piece of garbage and supposed friends that all treat this like it's a fucking TMZ blog.

And hasn't Etika gone on about this all being some massive troll?

I know we have all this cop footage which is the only thing that makes me believe this, but is it at all possible it could somehow be staged?

I really do find it hard to believe this guy would be taken away on numerous occasions, assault police officers, look completely unhinged in public several times and on a stream where cops were supposedly also watching, and just keep getting off Scott free.

Have to call for some actual receipts here.

This entire thing is fishy as fuck to me.

Is his ex GF his next of kin? Why would his fucking doctor keep calling her supposedly? Isn't she like a known bullshitter? And clearly going for some kind of fame constantly talking about him and providing "updates"? Same goes for his "friends" too.

I call bullshit.

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Everything is coming from his supposed ex GF who IIRC we know is kinda a piece of garbage and supposed friends that all treat this like it's a fucking TMZ blog.

I know we have all this cop footage which is the only thing that makes me believe this, but is it at all possible it could somehow be staged?

I really do find it hard to believe this guy would be taken away on numerous occasions, assault police officers, look completely unhinged in public several times and on a stream where cops were supposedly also watching, and just keep getting off Scott free.

Is his ex GF his next of kin? Why would his fucking doctor keep calling her supposedly? Isn't she like a known bullshitter? And clearly going for some kind of fame constantly talking about him and providing "updates"? Same goes for his "friends" too.

I call bullshit.
So you think the police blocking a fucking street was somehow staged?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

I call bullshit.

I feel like if you're able to fake an arrest, a mental breakdown, and a forced hospitalization for internet attention, you need to be institutionalized regardless.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Mental problems are serious, i had a taste of it and i know how it is when you lose your mind a little, it's no joke guys, and clearly he is having that issue on a higher level, he threw away his success just like that, no way it is staged.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Really shows why our society is so fucked right now from Cops being Trigger happy, too people who think snap chatting and tweeting someone beating on a cop is lit.

Stop and Frisk only ended like 6 years ago. I would be shocked if there are people out there watching Etika in that video who have neither been the target of police harassment nor know someone else who has.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

I call bullshit.
There's video footage of him shoving a cop to the ground. No way this is staged.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Mental problems are serious, i had a taste of it and i know how it is when you lose your mind a little, it's no joke guys, and clearly he is having that issue on a higher level, he threw away his success just like that, no way it is staged.
I agree. Everything else could just be a byproduct (following cult. Not giving a damn)

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
i feel a bit guilty keeping track of the development of his episodes, especially not really knowing him that much before all this. it's disturbing to see how social media and this sort of quest for "relevancy" is leading him into this mess. i watched a couple of his latest streams... man, seems like he's losing it big time. i really fucking hope someone's out there to take care of him, sincerely.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm glad he got into a ward to hopefully get the help he needs.

Also while I'm at it, does any have any studies or good articles about the effects of internet fame on the mental state of a person? I feel like it can't be beneficial at all to people with latent issues.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
they had a bad breakup to my understanding. He did essentally help give her a platform for her own youtube streaming gig. This is also essentially boosting her twitter follow count. I would say opportuntist in the past, but right now I don't see it like that. I can actually imagine her being harrased by the hardcore etika fans, so most likely shes just posting status updates for everyone to see.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if his ex is an opportunist or if she's had issues with him in the past, it doesn't matter to me who she is. She's posting updates and she's speaking to people who can keep him in the hospital where he needs to be so he can get healthy and that's most important.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
She was going trough some problems of her own when they had a break up and Etika helped her going through it even after breaking up, so she probably feels indebted to him for helping her.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So far, no news is good news. It's good not seeing this thread bumped because Etika is out of the hospital and back on Twitter. Hopefully he stays the whole month, or however long he needs treatment.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
He's doing an AMA on Reddit and spouting a bunch of complete nonsense. There goes any hope of him actually getting some legit help.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's doing an AMA on Reddit and spouting a bunch of complete nonsense. There goes any hope of him actually getting some legit help.
I made the mistake of opening that thread. His comments keep getting downvoted for good reason, like saying "this is too big for your brain to understand." He can really piss off with the pretentious shit after all the stupid stuff he's repeatedly done. And he's double downing on his antisemitism bs.

He did confirm some of the Venus Project stuff, so that may explain a lot.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The "I'm offensive... equally offensive to everybody, that is! XD" shtick is the absolute most embarrassing, lamest shit in the world.

Cool dude.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The only reason I know this guy is from the last time he did something like this.

I feel like an old man who's behind the times. Kids treat streamers like celebrities now.

I'm only 30đŸ˜­

Status
Not open for further replies.