• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna give him a benefit of doubt and say he really need to back off from internet for real this time. Dude has issues and he should get some help.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed me some Etika until his last stunt. Now the dude just needs to disappear and deal with whatever the fuck he's got going on. But the added homophobia just makes ne uninterested in any content he makes going forward.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Why does he get benefit of the doubt for posting homophobic and racist shit?
Well, I've seen people having anxiety issues that make them lose their temper and say stupid things. Getting help can fix that, if they want to.

Also, I never said he didn't do anything wrong, quite the opposite. My suggestion is that he should cut off from internet so that he won't do damage any further. Let's not mix this up.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Have any of these game playing content creators who become super popular not turned out to be a giant piece of garbage?

Seems like content creators who do more than react or stream gameplay seem to not break/show true colors like these ones.

Gaming Historian, Slopes, MLIG etc all seem fine.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Benefit of the doubt? Just because you like some of this person's content shouldn't be an excuse to support him here.

If the guy has mental health issues I hope he gets the help he needs. Having mental health issues doesn't turn you into a bigot.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
https://twitter.com/Litmangos1/status/1117629037768257536

9oqMEEf.jpg

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to think he was cool. And he is here now embarrassing himself on the world stage. Again

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What I find really weird about Etika is that after his YouTube channel was closed down I kept seeing a bunch of other youtubers posting Etika's reaction to things, maybe from Twitch or whatever?
But I've also noticed meme videos where people would edit in a video on top of his reactions to something else.

Its stupid that he got so popular that other youtubers would piggyback off his videos like that.

The guy has always been a crazy asshole and a total perv. His reaction videos were cringe central. I'm glad he's not on YouTube any more

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy was funny at first when I first stumbled upon some of his Nintendo Direct and Smash reaction videos. They're pretty staged and the novelty wore off pretty quickly though, so I kinda stopped paying that much attention after a while. If he's genuinely making posts like these he's just coming off as an idiot really and it'll come back to haunt him at some point.
The reactions aren't staged. He's passionate.

What I find really weird about Etika is that after his YouTube channel was closed down I kept seeing a bunch of other youtubers posting Etika's reaction to things, maybe from Twitch or whatever?
But I've also noticed meme videos where people would edit in a video on top of his reactions to something else.

Its stupid that he got so popular that other youtubers would piggyback off his videos like that.

The guy has always been a crazy asshole and a total perv. His reaction videos were cringe central. I'm glad he's not on YouTube any more

I'm pretty sure he just made a second YouTube channel that he streams on.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I'm glad he's not on YouTube any more

He's still on YouTube.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Etika really needs to only do Nintendo Direct reactions and E3 stuff, and take breaks in-between. Get off the internet after doing those directs and focus on himself. The fanbase will still watch him on those streams.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Have any of these game playing content creators who become super popular not turned out to be a giant piece of garbage?

Seems like content creators who do more than react or stream gameplay seem to not break/show true colors like these ones.

You're not gonna see a ResetEra thread titled "YouTuber does not do anything racist, sexist, or generally problematic", so you only hear about the asshole ones.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
You're not gonna see a ResetEra thread titled "YouTuber does not do anything racist, sexist, or generally problematic", so you only hear about the asshole ones.

Yeah, I figured as much. It also seems like all of these problematic ones are in the 18 - 25ish range. You'd think some people would grow but then we have PDP.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
He is not well mentally. I hope he steps away from the internet.

(I'm not saying mental health issues make you bigoted, but I am saying that Etika has had documented live breakdowns and this appears to be another one)

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
damn, i remember the guy from some reactions to smash characters, a lot of streamers are going through a break down, i guess too much internet does that with people

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If it's not a hack, the only thing tht would make sense is that he has a metal issue. I forgot the statistics but a large part of the population has some sort of me tal disorder or illness and just do not know because they haven't been diagnosed. It's sad but a reality. My brother is manic depressant, bipolar abd does shit like this every few months if he's off his meds. Cones out with craziness even towards family.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Dude sounds like he needs serious help with mental issues.

This ain't the first time he's been seen breaking

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
If people say these things during a mental breakdown, they think these things while stable. Vile language doesn't enter one's vocab by accident.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Mental illness doesn't cause bigotry.

Conflating the two is seriously harmful to everyone dealing with mental illness, and only deepens the stigma.
For the most part, yes. There are some disorders that can cause some pretty disturbed thinking.

However, that isn't the case here. He's clearly just an attention seeking piece of shit.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If something bigoted slips out of you it means it was in you to begin with. Absent a more legitimate reason to deflect to mental illness, he doesn't deserve that benefit of the doubt.

A big fuck you to everyone in this thread with your coded language about hoping he gets help or takes a break. We get what you're trying to tell us.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why keep talking about him? The guy does the same thing every time and people act as if they are surprised, people stop giving him attention

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Markiplier
Jackcepticie
Probs buncha others, special depends on what you mean by super popular

But I figure you don't often hear about the not crazy ones because they are off not being crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.