• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
I'm not gonna tut-tut people who are attacking someone known for doing publicity stunts. His "suicide" thing last time was just that (which he personally confirmed because he was forced to and also because he didn't want it to hit his wallet).
Where was there confirmation that it was a stunt? I heard the same thing myself, but couldn't find any sources from a google, and I'm interested in how he "justified" it.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Where was there confirmation that it was a stunt? I heard the same thing myself, but couldn't find any sources from a google, and I'm interested in how he "justified" it.
He explained what had happened and his friends confirmed it.

- It was meant to be an ARG that got out of hand, people thought he was suicidal but he was only talking about his streams.
- Said that it was almost entirely to do with the fact that the network he was a part of was keeping him from making more money.
- Wanted a fresh start which meant shutting down his then stream and making a new channel.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the missing context here is that, from what I've seen at least, this guy hasn't been a continuous Nazi like Josh Thomas who targets individuals on social media and continuously campaigns to hurt people. The way Etika expressed himself here seems sporadic and unstable, suggesting something more medical than malicious.

His actions, themselves, should be condemned, but I think maybe we're overlooking some root causes in our rush to judge the entire person behind them.
Etika had consistently used misogynistic and homophobic language forever.
He also stans hard for guys like PewDiePie.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
An asshole Youtuber that deleted his channel and acted suicidal for publicity last year. This is just par for the course for him TBH.
In pretty sure he have some sort of mental problem or something, well for once he have ADHA and his girlfriend is ever crazier

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
A few will, most won't care.

Same goes for a lot of these "personalities." Their hardcore fans just don't give a damn and overlook any and all transgressions.
Honestly couldn't have said it better myself.

It's real silly people still trying to make it about this when you can just go here and see he considers these things "experiments".

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtikaReddi.../definitive_and_factual_guide_to_etika_drama/
hey I remember that reddit thread. But yea it's impossible to take Etika seriously when he does this after the whole mental institute claim. Dude became obsessed with growing his mind share and he will do anything to make it grow at this point.

StayHandsome

Nov 30, 2017
It's astounding to me how many people in this thread are all but excusing the racism and homophobia by saying he "needs help" and probably has emotional problems. Since when has this ever been an excuse for anyone?

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He explained what had happened and his friends confirmed it.

- It was meant to be an ARG that got out of hand, people thought he was suicidal but he was only talking about his streams.
- Said that it was almost entirely to do with the fact that the network he was a part of was keeping him from making more money.
- Wanted a fresh start which meant shutting down his then stream and making a new channel.
dude should be banned from youtube and twitter. and just forgotten

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Tried to weather through the first debacle because I think he can be genuinely really funny at times but at this point he's just treating everything like a typical 4chan shit post. I'm done.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
It's astounding to me how many people in this thread are all but excusing the racism and homophobia by saying he "needs help" and probably has emotional problems. Since when has this ever been an excuse for anyone?

He does most likely have emotional problems and he does need help. He's also clearly racist and homophobic. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Well hopefully youtube keeps him banned and doesn't allow him to make anymore channels... they probably will though... sigh... has he been banned from twitter yet?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
People have to stop following these assholes.

Like ban him from all social media already. If he has mental illness, someone who knows him personally should step in and help. Else he deserved lifetime social media ban. Don't need people like him adding his racist shit on top of all the "regular" racists.

Sadly people online still following these guys. Just stop giving them attention already.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
The dude clearly needs help.

As someone who is clinically mentally ill, all of the tweets I have seen make me believe he is not faking it.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Hmmm, I wonder when his first fake cry for attention happened...
SpgaFKH.png

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be he's just an asshole chasing clout.
Queer gamers: (get bullied, receive death threats, can't play online without being harassed)

Gamers: ...

Etika: FAGGOTS

Gamers: omg bb I hope you get better soon :'( ilysm
Yeah he can fuck right off.

You know, it's funny. I had a thread a while back about Toxicity in gaming and steps devs could take a while back and people gave me the usual garbage responses:
"Just Mute them lol"
"Don't play MP games?"
"It's just words don't get mad"

Meanwhile I sit here and get harassed daily in games like Siege:
8WpgwWu.png

CkY8kNV.png

LQ7cO5N.png

TkSYEPY.png

703u0gU.png

tsMyemB.png

9NrwFcD.png

There's countless more Clips, Videos, Audio Recordings, Etc that I have all saved from when I play siege that I could go through and grab revalent parts, but it's obvious that at the end of the day no one on Gaming Side could give 2 fucks about slurs being shouted as long as they aren't the ones being attacked. I'm fucking done of sitting here and being shit on, and having some dipshit youtuber with a history of pulling theatrics say hurtful shit and having people say "Poor Etika :'( ilsym".

Fuck Etika and fuck anyone that defends this piece of human refuse.
Preach.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
He's the Kanye of YouTubers.
PewDiePie support is similar to Trump support.
Mental breakdowns feel similar, too, as a result of all the attention they crave but cannot handle.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'm sorry but why are people like this still given attention? Because they were good at Smash?

Then again just look at YouTube comments ...

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, he posted hentai on youtube AGAIN? Why did they let him back on their site after the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.