• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It actually was one of their highest rated shows, but I think they had just gotten to the end of the story they wanted to tell. (it was also very expensive, so I'm sure that played into the decision to end things sooner rather than later)

It seems like this was planned all along, judging from the logline. Also, season 3's order was for 16 episodes, so their intention was always to split it - it was just confusing because they didn't announce it was the final season beforehand.

Perhaps, although the show definitely had potential to go further. I could see them wrapping up the Pilgrim story-line, but I don't know if they will touch on things like Sunny's sister that was hinted.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Fuuuuuuck. Good news bad news there with the air date and potential series finale. I guess they get to at least finish it instead of getting canceled before the story ends.

Going to be a lot of exposition in those 8 episodes if that's truly the end.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
What a shame, they finally got back to doing good fight scenes again. But honestly I haven't enjoyed the direction this went in the last few episodes, so maybe it's for the best.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Walking Dead gets 10 seasons and a spin off and this barely gets 3 season. Life is not fair and even Z Nation is canned. Oh well there is always Happy! for me

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Damn shame the fight choreography was insane also the costume department did amazing work. I really liked the later stuff with the other barons to show how differently everyone dressed. Hopefully they will be able to wrap-up some of the plots before it ends.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Netflix will pick it up.

I love the show. I thought S2 was a downgrade as far as fight scenes go but the overall show is excellent.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe Netflix will pick it up.

I love the show. I thought S2 was a downgrade as far as fight scenes go but the overall show is excellent.

That's a possibility, but they do have Wu Assassins coming this year so I'm not sure how eager they would be to have another martial arts series that isn't produced in-house.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to finish the first half of Season 3. Will someone please put those episodes back OnDemand ffs?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
So, it looks like the writers didn't decide to end the show themselves, but were aware that season 3 would probably be the last, so they "plotted it with the desire to drive towards a conclusion that was very epic, and very emotional. I think that's what we really tried to do, so that fans who have been going on this journey with us for four years, you know, felt that they had a satisfactory end to the story.

We left some back doors open — we've always known one of the things the story ends with, but there were obviously doors that we left ourselves open that we could go into in a Season 4. You always leave a few escape hatches in any finale. This story definitely has a conclusion, but it doesn't mean that the world has had stopped and everybody's packing our bags and gone home.""

They might keep the universe going via other mediums though:

There's a chance the world of "Into the Badlands" could continue in the form of novels, comics, or even an animated series; Gough says that the producers are in conversations about such ideas with the studio, but are focused on releasing the final episodes for now. "Those are things that we would love to actively explore," he said.

"The best compliment I get is when people are like, 'Wait, this isn't based on a graphic novel or a book? It feels like there are many stories you could tell in that world, you know, that go beyond just what you're seeing on your television set."

Also,

"The fight team shot for like, I want to say, 120 days. They shot 40 fights for 16 episodes over nine months."

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/i...eason-how-it-ends-photos-al-gough-1202045514/

skSAPMJ.jpg

Season 3 Part 2
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
P7LbRz1.jpg

The second half of season 3 premieres on Sunday, March 24 at 9/8c and will be followed up with a second new episode the following day on Monday, March 25 at 10/9c. The second half of the season will consist of 8 episodes and will conclude the series.

Official Trailer

As we enter the final chapter of Into the Badlands, an imprisoned Bajie warns Sunny that Pilgrim can't be trusted. But with his son's life on the line, Sunny struggles with his decision to help Pilgrim unlock the Meridian Chamber. Meanwhile, M.K., still reeling from the revelation that Sunny killed his mother, is hell-bent on revenge. Kidnapped by The Master, the Widow is forced to confront her past. Moon meanwhile races to save Lydia from impending death after she risked her life for his on the battlefield. As the last episodes unfold long buried secrets will be revealed, new alliances will be forged, and the saga will climax in an epic battle to end all battles.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't know it was a split season.

The fight choreography is about to end

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The final half of the season premieres tonight!

Chamber of the Scorpion

Sunny and Bajie face off with Pilgrim, who lays out his deadly plan for the Badlands, meanwhile the Widow finds common ground with the Master.

Programming note: A second new episode will air in the show's regular Monday 10pm time slot tomorrow night (3/25)!

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
It also should be airing around 10:25-10:26, so if you DVR, be ready for that. The Walking Dead is longer tonight.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is there a chance that this show gets picked up somewhere else like netflix or something or is this show done done after these 8 episodes.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Sunny's getting that "well fucking shit" feel

Don't smirk lady, he just blew it, no way Sunny's in now.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really gonna miss this, really sucks it's ending.
We never got enough Sunny and Widow teamup, though, especially due to that weird twist.

"Lots of swords" :D