• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Did others notice during the Widow vs Widow fight a week ago that both characters were wearing heels and this was shown prominently, but when they were running up and down the stair banisters they were wearing flat boots... then back to heels again at the end of the fight. Either the stunt people didn't want to do that stuff with heels on, or that was a mistake.

Yes. I pointed it out when it happened.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still not totally feeling the fights so far in the new episodes. Like some of the choreography is good, but the actual martial arts seems a bit held back compared to last season.

Really like the re-bonding of Baije and the Widow. Nice to to see her let her guard down for someone.

I can't really think the Pilgrim's forces are going to do well against the monks. All the monks do is train to fight, the Pilgrim's people are amateurs by comparison. I imagine Pilgrim will end up stronger than the Master though and she'll have to either escape or die fighting him.
Have to agree - for me they are focusing too much on interacting with the scenery - we he keep seeing loads of wood or whatever get chopped up. Stop that and just concentrate on the raw fights.

I still enjoy the series - but it's so weak compared to S1 for me. Sunny was the Don - but just yesterday the Widow beat him, and of course all of the 'black eyes' beat him - I find that grating. Still hoping because he is the 'catalyst' that it might mean he has some sort of gift too.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Have to agree - for me they are focusing too much on interacting with the scenery - we he keep seeing loads of wood or whatever get chopped up. Stop that and just concentrate on the raw fights.

I still enjoy the series - but it's so weak compared to S1 for me. Sunny was the Don - but just yesterday the Widow beat him, and of course all of the 'black eyes' beat him - I find that grating. Still hoping because he is the 'catalyst' that it might mean he has some sort of gift too.
To be fair, he was heavily wounded still from the fight with Pilgrim. I actually thought it looked unrealistic that he went immediately from walking slowly with a cane to regular acrobatic parkour and sword fight in an instant.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
And..... This is true in the fighting world/martial arts world:

You can spend all that time training but if you've never been in a fight then you're going to get your ass beat.

Her students were just that: students. No actual fighting experiences.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he was heavily wounded still from the fight with Pilgrim. I actually thought it looked unrealistic that he went immediately from walking slowly with a cane to regular acrobatic parkour and sword fight in an instant.
I think they did a pretty good job showing how hurt he was until he found his hiding spot and then once there I think some of that recovery time is down to this being the last season so they have to wrap it up, otherwise I think they would have extended his heavily wounded time a bit more.

And for the other person's point, plus it made sense to me Widow beat him there, she was coming in completely fresh. And it's not like we haven't been shown that she's extremely good. There's been plenty of times where they've felt pretty even or gone back and forth regarding who's stronger.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

You can spend all that time training but if you've never been in a fight then you're going to get your ass beat.

Yup.
That's something I loved about our team vs Kenny's elite MPs. Our Scouts have seen far more real action than them (likely they only had training and mock battles like the regular MPs) so it made tons of sense how much more prepared Team Levi were than them in that final showdown, except for Kenny himself who'd hunted lots of MPs in the past.

LOL thank you Widow for that knockout! :D

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Pilgrim.... Stop lying. You're the one trying to maintain some kind of control. You and the Master are similar.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it had to happen because plot, but power levels this season have no consistency.

Sunny v Pilgrim is a tie sans gift. Apparently Widow is now > Sunny. Master is like a million times beyond Widow. Yet Pilgrim just wrecks master?

Of course, it is true in this series that some people have stronger gifts than others (MK's has always been super potent).

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
ughhh I forgot this was on fuuuuuck now I feel like it's too late to jump in. Will have to catch it tomorrow or something.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I know it had to happen because plot, but power levels this season have no consistency.

Sunny v Pilgrim is a tie sans gift. Apparently Widow is now > Sunny. Master is like a million times beyond Widow. Yet Pilgrim just wrecks master?

Of course, it is true in this series that some people have stronger gifts than others (MK's has always been super potent).

There are some contexts like Sunny being injured but the power levels are inconsistent. I did think to myself when The Master was fighting Pilgrim that there's no way she should lose, but here we are.

Which goes to my point of how Dark Ones can use their powers differently where they are on the moral line:

Pilgrim is more ruthless and has probably learned how to harness his gifts better in that area meanwhile The Master is more calm and has learned to harness her powers in that area. Sort of like the Jedi and the Sith.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I was amused that that was actually not what the Master told her, since that was just Widow's original request. Since the Master pretty much told (and showed) her she can't get it back without things going to shit.

DAMN

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Sunny's still slightly hobbling around a bit so he's getting closer but still not at full strength.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
That can't be his sister...... We all knew Ankara is a liar but are they going to be reunited and be the unstoppable siblings?!

And I figured The Master wasn't even going all out. I don't think Pilgrim knows how to harness the gift via telekinesis. Seems like that's something Ankara and The Master were able to harness.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I thought the Master would put up more of a fight. The Master must have spent too much time having her students read, if MK could wash them all like that, lol . Looks like she might have a trick up her robe though.

The actress who played Chau was really good at being evil , luckily Nyx and The Widow showed up when they did. Nyx in the purple has the freshest costume on the show currently. The Widow hitting Chau with that MK Fatality was the most badass moment of the episode . The abandoned amusement park made for a cool setting to fight.

Black Lotus took out the homie Bajie , unless he is able to heal himself by some miracle. The direction made it look like he is definitely gone though :(

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of L's in this episode.
Bajie's death is a good point in the series finale. Make Magus a threat. Also will make Sonny rage unlocking his true power?
"Master" might bite it next episode too
Chau's sword play was good. The setting of that fight scene was neat.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017

The monks in the finale of S1 were pretty good at fighting? Managed to do well against prime Sunny.

Yep fully agree - I argued that last week in here but nobody agreed with me - I'm not a fan of changing power levels like that.

Like I said in my post - I still like this show - but I loved it in S1 - much more consistent and less silliness.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't see the inconsistencies at all bruh. Sunny vs. Pilgrim was a tie when Pilgram was fighting normally then he activated the gift and wrecked Sunny and injuring him badly. Due to those injuries Sunny was in a weakened state which allowed Widow to defeat her in battle so yeah that pretty seems about right.