• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

'Into the Badlands' is back again with another super sized season (16 episodes this time, up from last season's 10), starting on Sunday, April 22 at 10/9c on AMC in the US and Monday, April 23 on Amazon Prime Video in the UK.

It hasn't been officially confirmed, but it is assumed that the season will be split into two halves, with the second half airing later this year.

Season 3 of 'Into the Badlands' finds Sunny living off the grid, doing his best to provide for his infant son, Henry, in the wake of Veil's death. It is only when Henry contracts a mysterious illness that Sunny must join forces with Bajie and journey back into the Badlands, where the Widow and Baron Chau are entrenched in a drawn-out war that has destabilized the entire region. No longer supported by Tilda or Waldo, the Widow must find new allies in Lydia and in Nathaniel Moon — the former regent who lost his hand to Sunny and Bajie in Season 2. But when a mysterious nomadic leader called Pilgrim arrives in the Badlands on a mission to restore Azra and usher in a new era of "peace," old enemies must band together to defend the Badlands.

Cast

Sunny used to be a killing machine in Quinn's Fort, but now, his only goal is protecting his infant son, Henry.

Following his call to Azra, Bajie has returned to his directionless, debaucherous ways, but when Sunny crosses his path, he teams up with his old ally to find a cure for Henry's sickness.

After an epic fight with the Widow, Tilda forges a new identity as the Iron Rabbit.

A reformer and revolutionary, the Widow has big dreams for the Badlands that she isn't afraid to fight for with deadly force.

After losing his hand to Sunny, Nathaniel Moon will stop at nothing to to redeem his honor.

M.K. is a young boy who is now a prisoner of the Widow, stripped of his Gift and desperate for revenge.

Pilgrim is a zealous warlord from beyond the Badlands looking to recover a mysterious artifact from Azra.

Nix is one of two teenagers whose Gift Pilgrim uses like a weapon.

Pilgrim loves Castor like his own child, and uses Castor's Gift like a weapon.

Cressida is Pilgrim's powerful right hand, counseling him as a prophetess on his journey to restore Azra.

The younger brother of Baron Chau, Gaius becomes a reluctant player in his sister's war against the Widow.

Season 3 finds Lydia in a refugee camp, doing her best to help the people who need it most, but when presented with the opportunity to reclaim some of her former power, Lydia is ready to rise to the occasion.

Other cast members include:

Videos

Official Trailer
A Look at Season 3: Behind the Scenes
Meet the New Characters
A Bigger World: New Locations

Promo Photos

H2WjCFg.jpg

RaATdnO.jpg

YFSExza.jpg

L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 3.1 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 9 - 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating

Season 3

Episode 1 - 1.4 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 1.3 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 968K viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.2 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 1.1 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 921K viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 1.1 million viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 894K viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating

Episode 9 - 1.2 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 10 - 591K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11 - 609K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 12 - 413K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 13 - 400K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 14 - 653K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 15 - 503K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 16 - 463K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49-rating

Last edited:

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So behind on other shows that I like (Americans, Atlanta, TWD, Preacher). I can't get behind on this!

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in. Pretty pumped that both this and Westworld are premiering Sunday. Going to be some fun Sunday nights.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the best action choreography on TV, paired with some of its silliest storytelling. I'm in for S3.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I still have way too many problems with the show I'm still gonna watch, where the Widow and Tilda go, I follow.

Hopefully MK dies on the way back to his home planet at some point.

edit: just saw the gifs, got a chuckle out of me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this. Season 2 was dope.

They still gotta find a way to kill of MK though. And Widow Jr while they're at it.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they get the fight choreography back to season 1 levels, too many quick cuts in S2. The ending of S2 is still ridiculous so I don't have much hope on the narrative front.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad its still going......but man, the Choreography of Season 2 was nowhere even CLOSE to the fights we had in S1.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Binge watched season 2 on Netflix recently. I'll probably watch Season 3 when it comes to Netflix or it's done and binge watch it then, but either way I'm looking forward to it :).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for this! I'm witch the Widow too.

Had no idea we would be getting even more episodes than last season, pretty cool, but hopefully they can keep up the quality by splitting it up into two halves.

Excited! Praying MK gets poochie'd because he's an insufferable douchebag.
Gotta say I can't recognize this. I had heard people complain and so I waited all season for him to get annoying but it never happened.

I also don't follow with the narrative being poor, I thought it was a clear improvement upon Season 1.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
After the end of last season. . .on wait and see for this one.

Last season was just. . .dumb as hell.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really did not like what they did with Veil, passing her around to groups and then killing her stupidly. But I'll keep watching for Sunny, the Widow, and the ridiculous fights. I love the colors in this show so much.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
IndieWire said:
Loyalties may change, but one thing remains constant on "Badlands": The giddy glee taken in the glorious and dazzling fight scenes, which are just hyperreal enough to tap into a delight over the spectacle, as opposed to dismay over the deaths that ensue. When rating children's' programming for families, both the MPAA and the TV parental guidelines make a distinction between realistic violence and "fantasy violence" — with the fantasy violence, supposedly, meant to be more palatable. "Badlands" is definitely not for kids, but the same principle applies here. Because if you're able to buy in, the cast flies through the air with swords drawn, childlike glee is the natural reaction.

Oct 30, 2017
Hell yeah. Can't wait for Sunny to pretty much kick everyone with Bajie and MK again. I found MK much better in the 2nd season.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to season 3. I want to see more of Sunny and the Widow kicking ass.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited for this returning, I enjoyed the first two seasons quite a bit until the very end.

but I don't have high hopes for Sunny having to watch over his son.
Going in with really low expectations and hoping I am blown away instead.
still angry about the crap writing that had a professional killer like Sunny not making sure his enemy was dead though :/