• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What should the abbreviation be?

• DS

Votes: 341 13.4%
  • DS5

Votes: 1,674 65.6%
  • DSe

Votes: 181 7.1%
  • DSns

Votes: 37 1.4%
  • DSense

Votes: 295 11.6%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 25 1.0%

• Total voters

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I actually like this a lot! I love the white/black duo color, and especially seeing the face buttons and d-pad with them being clear (from the side angle pic), it looks really beautiful.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
April Fools? This is a wild departure from normal controllers.

Built in Microphone array so you can hear Jimmy yelling at his mother to get him more tendies, this is an awful idea.

It's still tilted downward so it'll put unnecessary strain on the fucking charging cable and charging port if you lay it down to charge it, wtf the Sony.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Sony crazy enough to go modular?

If not then maybe it will be easier to service. With DS4, if I drop one and the 2 halves of the shell come undone slightly near the triggers it's the biggest pain in the ass to remedy. The shell doesn't wrap around through the triggers like the DS4 does so it may be sturdier too. Really hoping they nail the build quality- I'm beyond tired of hearing the complaints.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UfGD0bH.png

added the color buttons back
much better. colored face buttons are a must.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Those grooves around the light are an awful design decision. Controllers already harbor plenty of grime, dust, and germs without needless extra nooks and crannies.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
not as ugly as the DS4, but I'm not a fan of "shell" look. Seems like they use the same rubber coated stick as the DS4, which is not good, those peeled of on my ds4's after some time. Hopefully the touchpad is less wobbly than the one on the DS4, but I would have prefered a removal. Mic seems like a unnecessary addition like the speaker.
Dualshock 4 is my favorite controller of all time. I really, really liked it. Not a fan of how easily the rubber in the joysticks peeled off though

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I love the design of this controller but hate the default color. Well I guess thats a good way to make sure someone buys a 2nd controller.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the design but whatever, if it's good to play.
I think create might go in the same direction as Microsoft already hinted at, you might be able to stream from your console a lot easier than currently. But we will see. Still wondering about the random drop.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of the sticks, honestly, Sony should make both models: asymmetrical and symmetrical. More options is always a good thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's as comfortable and a bit higher quality than the DS4.
It looks less comfy for some reason though. Don't mind the design, looks sleek.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
im glad the color shapes are gone. my brain identifies the color of the button more than the shape and the pink and red of the circle and square are so similar ive always gotten them mixed up.

But at the same time i will NEVER remember which button is X and which is Y on any other controller so im just fucked either way

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Looks terrific! This is actually the most excited I have been about next gen!

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
I like it. The lack of color on buttons makes sense, the shapes are enough to identify them and there's no confusion for the color impaired or people switching between consoles.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Looks much better in the all black mock-up, looks like an unofficial third party controller in the white/black combo.

Regardless, it's how it feels in the hands that really matters. Not much of a fan of haptics but do like the sound of those resistant triggers.
Few more colour combos

K1FxZbp.jpg

aUWSKH8.jpg

White bottom layer:

33q2Ziu.jpg
Doubt the touchpad will have different colours. It's too expensive to do, hence why the touchpad was always black this gen regardless.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
  • Correct position and location of Sticks
  • more ergonomic shape
  • Looks to have great D-Pad and face buttons
  • Uses Gyro. hopefully, developers will use it more(looking at you Xbox controller)
  • built-in battery is great
  • USB-C
  • New Haptic feedback and tension in triggers
  • New awsome look

Looks to be perfect Controller. Hopefully, build quality will be better

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the general look, and really not a fan of the built-in microphone- that was my least favorite thing about the Vita. Hopefully there's a system level option to just turn that off.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking it. Definitely want to try the new haptic/feedback features in a game.

My biggest worry is that it will be purely novelty in 95% of games. But either way, I'm very interested in how developers leverage it.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Portal.

Mic array for headset-less chatting might be a useful feature, but something I'll never use so purely adds cost.
Are those holes still for a stupid useless speaker? If yes, why?
I know what trigger rumbles do, very little as demonstrated by the Xbox controller. Do any games use it?
Hard to get a feel for what this haptic feedback is supposed to do differently from regular rumble. Or if it will be used.
Can you turn the lightbar off this time? Sounds like you ought to.
We also took thoughtful consideration into ways to maintain a strong battery life for DualSense's rechargeable battery, and to lessen the weight of the controller as much as possible...
Because it sounds like they didn't make the battery larger. And turning off the light seems like an obvious way of extending battery life.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's cute, like a little Stormtrooper. Hopefully it is precise enough to hit something.

The DS4 was ugly at first with it's dick design, but it feels great in my hands. This looks better at a first glance, I hope it is comfy, though.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Where's the headphone jack, please let it be there...
read the article
DualSense also adds a built-in microphone array, which will enable players to easily chat with friends without a headset – ideal for jumping into a quick conversation. But of course, if you are planning to chat for a longer period, it's good to have that headset handy.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
and just like that my ps5 hype is through the roof again. I think i might be thirsty too :D