• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
UPDATE 2!
We're live in Costa Mujeres too!
CVPwZsm.jpg

UPDATE!
Annnddd...we're live in Puerto Vallarta!
PGaAXAw.jpg

OP:
Dear ResetEra!

I'd like to show off a project that I've been leading for the company I work for and I'm extremely glad and proud to let you guys know about it after months of in-house work. This is a very emotional project for me, as I've been cooking this idea for a good 10 years until I finally had the chance to make this happen. I won't provide any links to our web as I don't want this thread to be seen as advertising but just as a place for me to share my feel-good story of a very tough year on a personal and professional level.

Introducing the official Gaming Corners in Mexico!

bJgeWdW.png

Long story short, I did a proposal about a year and a half ago to my company to partner up with Xbox. Before I knew, the awesome Xbox Mexico staff had answered the call and we've been working together for nearly a year. We've barely started turning parts of this project in this week and, so far, we've had TONS of people playing on these corners. Shout out to 3 amazing people at Xbox Mexico's team who have been AWESOME at all times in response times and support. Also, I'd like to cheer for the people working in-house tirelessly to make this small but very significant project come to life. You all made this possible!

nQwauhU.jpg

More pics inside the spoiler.

v8IPk88.jpg

Dvm42mT.jpg

5vw9K80.jpg

This is an old pic of a now renovated area. Will update with pics soon!
e57yzAP.jpg

---

QUICK FAQ

What are these corners about?

These corners are game rooms where you can enjoy drinks, snacks and some cool co-op or versus games, all free of charge within the hotel. The biggest + newest games joining Game Pass will be hitting our corners as well. We will also have some of the classics!

Sounds nice, so... where can I find these corners?
These corners (included 100% free of charge) can be found in Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts found in Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta and Costa Mujeres. You may find Xbox One S corners in our sports bar, the junior clubs and our VIP family hotel bran lobby, as well as Xbox One X consoles and 4K HDR TVs in the exclusive Palladium Travel Club rooms. All of them are / will be equipped with Game Pass and (some) Xbox Live.

Sweet! So... how do they work?
Simple! These corners are equipped with Game Pass and (some) with Live. Just leave your room card at the counter, take the controller and game on! For control reasons, guests won't be allowed to download games, access any settings or log in to your Live account, but rest assured that big games that hit GP will be on our units on day one! That way, you won't miss a game's release even on vacation!

Awesome! When can I use these corners if I'm at the hotels?
Right now!

Cool! So, why Xbox?
Not only because they're amazing people through and through, but because we aim for very similar goals and services and I feel this is a match made in gamer heaven.

---

Thanks for your time! Please, let me know any comments + questions + suggestions you may have as I'm both overjoyed (and extremely scared) to hear back from all of you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thorzilla

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
I just re-read my thread and think the title is a bit misleading as it's Palladium Hotel Group's corners.

Can a mod help out with changing the title, please to:

"Introducing PHG's official Xbox Gaming Corners in Mexico"

Thanks!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
This could be considered self advertisement so it might get locked, but great job anyway!

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Nice, hope it's rage proof. Seen a lot of controllers thrown to a TV due to FIFA tantrums

OP
OP
Thorzilla

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
wow great work. may i ask what kind of company you have?

Thanks! It's not mine but I work for an international hotel company.

This could be considered self advertisement so it might get locked, but great job anyway!
Thanks! And I hope not. I avoided any link to the website so it's not seen as such. However, I'd change whatever mods see necessary to comply with rules!

Nice, hope it's rage proof. Seen a lot of controllers thrown to a TV due to FIFA tantrums
Well...maybe for version 2.0? Jokes aside, good point. WIll make sure to mention the hotel managers, lol.

That is pretty awesome actually.
Thanks headspawn!

Oct 28, 2017

This is clearly not self advertisement. He's made no attempt to get us to stay at these hotels, and frankly why on earth would any of us choose a hotel based on whether it has an Xbox? These units likely aren't meant to induce consumers to visit the hotels, but I would assume they're primarily meant to improve the consumer experience while they're there so that they recommend the hotel generally since they had such a great time there.

Anyway, sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested to hear how it works out.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Wow that's pretty awesome. I will definitely be on the look out for these.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Congrats, man!

Looks awesome! I've been to mexico last october, if I had that in my hotel, I'd gladly hang out at it.

OP
OP
Thorzilla

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the warm receivement you guys!

As a way to gather some feedback, if there was a LOT of people using these, how would you feel if you were told you have a set time limit to allow for other guests to use these corners? Would you find 30 minutes short or enough?

Also, this is a probably going to vary wildly from one to another but, how would you feel if you saw M rated games (Gears, Halo 5, etc) in areas where although kids are usually not around but there's a possibility that they saw people playing them? Asking since we truly dont want uncomfortable situations but we don't want these corners to be limited to just T rated games.

OP
OP
Thorzilla

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all! Sorry to bump this thread but we just launched the corners in our resort in Puerto Vallarta and wanted to share with you all this little, personal and professional achievement.

Can't say how proud I, particularly when you have the blessing to mix your hobby / passion with your work (and 2nd passion too).

Hope you like what you see!

More Corners now live!
OP
OP
Thorzilla

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Quick update to the few here who showed their amazing support: we're now 100 % live in our resort in Costa Mujeres too! Here's a peek into our corners:

CVPwZsm.jpg

They've been up for a few months but work distracted me from updating the thread.

I just uploaded to the OP a few new pics that our amazing in-house photo and video people helped put together. There's still a ton of things that we're going to be improving upon, but I just wanted to update this thread with the latest pictures available right now. I'll be updating again the OP with a few new shots of our resorts in Riviera Maya and Puerto Vallarta with some new promo-ready shots like the one above.

I want to thank the small bunch of you following this project of mine. It means a lot!