• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Introducing ResetEra 2.0! Update: Launch set for December 2! Maintenance will begin around 6-8PM GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Since you'll be focusing on bugs rather than design changes and this was meant to be posted yesterday, I'll just leave it here if you want to consider it after launch. Llyrwenne has been doing such a good job explaining almost everything I could think of with those nice mockups, but it seems like the placement of the thread list's buttons has yet to be covered (my apologies if it was discussed already!); there's wasted space on the grey bar that precedes the thread list, so putting those buttons there may reduce some padding.

And I'd like to ask for a forum feature that gets in the way to be removed. As Coreda explained;

the lack of context menu for various images (such as to save them) is due to the to the Javascript image zoom popup feature, which applies an invisible overlay to images, and affects all images wider than the width of the post container.
The legacy themes downsized large images and displayed the full res version when clicking on them. No overlay, no "View image"... view? I'd say that's the best way to handle it, since links embedded into big images won't work otherwise. Not even sure if it can be done at all, but it may be something to consider for future updates.

Also, Re:Forum links in the top bar. You probably thought of this already, but would it make any difference if you used only icons accross devices? Going from this...

...to something like this;

(Of course you'd use the Hangouts icons instead of the ones from Announcements and The Vault)

By eliminating almost all the text (except the "Search...") you can use the same icons for different scaling situations; the only change would be placement. Unsure if it can be done with XenForo's default bar as you explained, and it could get a little too cluttered in mobile I guess.

Even though I have some nitpicks about padding and color (and the - already reported - weird spacing bug in the front page), seeing how open you've been in engaging with posters here gives me confidence that those can be discussed later, regardless of whether they are accepted or not. So thank you for the work, and especially for the avatars' transparency!

Still the same.
I'll just wait for the full release.
You need to change the theme at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Even though I have some nitpicks about padding and color (and the - already reported - weird spacing bug in the front page), seeing how open you've been in engaging with posters here gives me confidence that those can be discussed later, regardless of whether they are accepted or not. So thank you for the work, and especially for the avatars' transparency!
Appreciate the feedback! There's a lot of ground to cover there, and we can definitely revisit some of those items post-launch. We're glad that you like the change to avatars.

Can't sign in to the beta site, 2FA fails. Anyone else with that problem?
Try now.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, apparently I'm late to this, as I only got a notification about it today.

Since it's read-only, there's no way to find out, but I hope that it finally fixes post editing on iOS - that's been broken on this site from the very beginning.

Fixing embeds would be nice too. Since whatever change was implemented a week or two ago, embeds refuse to load at all for me in Firefox now.
At the very least, the failure state should be a link to the original content.
  • No more read/unread thread icon, it's been replaced with avatars and links to the creator's profile?
  • No option to disable avatars on the forum.
  • No more hovers, everything requires a click to access now; alerts, inbox, profile, "quick" jump menu.
  • No rules for filtering out threads; e.g. keywords or specific posters. Having to enter a topic to ignore it doesn't really do much.
  • Bookmarks seem redundant and management is even worse than watched threads.
  • Still no folders to manage watched threads.
  • One thing that mobile sites got right was placing the poster information as a header for the post, rather than on the left side. In the redesign the poster is not even included in the post box, so everything looks unbalanced and offset to the right.
At least the persistent footer is gone from the mobile site.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise it was so soon. It's all well and good looking more flashy and modern, but that all comes at the expense of feeling clunky and more of a chore to navigate.

I appreciate everyone working hard, but I for one am not looking forward to it. I really do believe he Legacy themes should have been priority. Even if it meant replicating them for the new site.

Oct 25, 2017
So how will we be able to see that we have unread Alerts on the mobile site now? There's no longer an alerts icon in the top bar in mobile. Will we have to open up the sidebar every time we want to check for Alerts?

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
So how will we be able to see that we have unread Alerts on the mobile site now? There's no longer an alerts icon in the top bar in mobile. Will we have to open up the sidebar every time we want to check for Alerts?
The notifications will appear on the hamburger.

Oct 26, 2017
The purple is much better, but still a little too radioactive for me. I would have preferred if they used the exact same purple from DarkEra Legacy instead of one inspired by it...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if you're going off of the videos or the actual beta, but we did change the purples even on light theme. I don't really agree that the new one is "neon."
Going off the video since the beta themes were working kinda wonkily for me. Stuff like the ResetEta logo look great now, but the “Post New Thread” button and the bottom are still the bright purple from the light theme. Speaking of which, why does light theme have to be subjected to it anyway? Free the original purple!

The more I think about it, the more I wish you guys had just improved on a few aspects of legacy instead of doing these radical changes. We’re a community that was used to posting on the same old ass version of vBulletin for like a decade. We don’t want the forum to be the fancy Web 2.0 thing.

I suspect you’re going to get just as much pushback from this layout as you did the 1.5, maybe more since we can’t switch back to legacy. The staff’s “we think you’ll love it when you get used to it” will go over about as well as it does for Nintendo and Bungie. Please just give us what we want. :-(

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
That's just awful to hear. Stuff just worked. Some of us don't want all this stuff that just makes sites a bigger pain to navigate.
I understand that and feel similar about some changes but without any change and a "it just worked" mentality without updates you eventually end up with a Windows XP situation. Updates will eventually be necessary and sadly updates sometimes break stuff :(

I'm sure the most common complaints will be touched up in further patches and the rest the community will handle via Userstyle scripts.

Oct 27, 2017
Can we just make this change? hopefully its simple?

These quick links are amazing, small, and discrete.

These are ok, only kinda useful though. Could we at least get the main 4 forums here instead? Icons would be nice, but not needed, top and refresh would be nice, as well, but really I just need those forum links. It doesnt need the purple background either, just gimme them links! haha.

Is this possible?

Oct 26, 2017
That's just awful to hear. Stuff just worked. Some of us don't want all this stuff that just makes sites a bigger pain to navigate.
I'm sure someone will find a way. I like the new site for mobile, as it's way more user friendly, but I'll probably try to make the desktop version of 2.0 look more or less the same as 1.0

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Something I only just noticed is your own posts are now only indicated by a small purple strip at the top. Same goes for quoted posts. I love it and I hope it stays an option. I have always hated my own posts sticking out like a sore thumb in Legacy and at the old place, and with no way to turn it off because everyone and their dog apparently loves that feature.

Any word on a 24-hour timestamp option by the way? It is another small detail, but as someone who isn't from the UK/US (I know we are just a tiny minority) it just feels more familiar to me than am/pm. I can imagine implementing it will be more trouble than it is worth. But I have asked for it repeatedly (also back when 1.5 was launched) and I would like to know if it's possible or not.

Also can we block/disable emojis?
Also seconding this. Emojis are the only feature of 2.0 I am not looking forward to at all. I still have no idea why the team is so determined to push such a divisive feature down people's throats.

Oct 25, 2017
www.nsidr.com

These are ok, only kinda useful though. Could we at least get the main 4 forums here instead? Icons would be nice, but not needed, top and refresh would be nice, as well, but really I just need those forum links. It doesnt need the purple background either, just gimme them links! haha.

Is this possible?
This is also my top request!

Oct 25, 2017
Everything takes more clicks now, there's a massive amount of wasted space, the floating header eats screen real state for no reason, the forum look with the tiny avatars is just hideous and for some reason you refuse to use the DarkEra purple and use eye piercing purples instead.

Please, please, find a way to let us keep using DarkEra Legacy, it's superior in every single way.

Oct 25, 2017
The thread titles on the Watched Threads page are still supposed to take you to the first unread post, right? It appears to be taking me to the first post of the thread on the beta site.

Oct 27, 2017
I just tried NightEra, can we make it have the subdued shades of purple and gray that DarkEra has as NightEra is too saturated. The contrast hurts to look at.

Edit: Wasn't on 2.0

Last edited:
I believe this is going to get backlash just like the fusing of etcetera and its hangouts did. Again, instead of consulting/polling/surveying the forum about what they wanted, we are going to have to "learn to love it" even if the changes are detrimental to the user experience.

Last edited:

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I just tried NightEra, can we make it have the subdued shades of purple and gray that DarkEra has as NightEra is too saturated. The contrast hurts to look at.
NightEra is not 2.0.

To access the beta, go to https://beta.resetera.com/ and log in, then use the the theme switcher to access the 'ResetEra' and 'ResetEra Dark' themes.

Cerium
Perhaps it would help to move the instructions on how to reach the beta site to the top of the OP along with a notice that the videos are outdated?

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Still the same.

I'll just wait for the full release.
You may have to change the theme. There's a button in the bottom left corner - if you're not seeing the appropriate theme it probably says "Default Style." Click that and select one of the new ones.

Oct 27, 2017
IMO, this makes the navigation problem worse, which isn't to preference at all. No matter what, it takes two clicks to get to the forum navigation jumps, either via the hamburger or the new 'Quick Jump' button - that's not what people wanted as a solution, as it still requires multiple taps to perform the action. The current mobile site has all of the buttons listed out in a navigation bar, which provides single tap convenience to jump between the 4 subforums and the user's watched list. That's all we want when we talk about the way we want to navigate on the new mobile site.

The animation is not actually the problem, to be clear. It's that the new design obscures function behind additional clicks and buttons and menus that don't need to be obscured.
100% this.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
IMO, this makes the navigation problem worse, which isn't to preference at all. No matter what, it takes two clicks to get to the forum navigation jumps, either via the hamburger or the new 'Quick Jump' button - that's not what people wanted as a solution, as it still requires multiple taps to perform the action. The current mobile site has all of the buttons listed out in a navigation bar, which provides single tap convenience to jump between the 4 subforums and the user's watched list. That's all we want when we talk about the way we want to navigate on the new mobile site.

The animation is not actually the problem, to be clear. It's that the new design obscures function behind additional clicks and buttons and menus that don't need to be obscured.
Cerium already let us know why the nav bar is the way it is, currently. Obviously not ideal, but it's a little more complicated than just making it the same as it was before.

Part of it is that we coded the scrolling top bar on Day/NightEra ourselves, whereas Xenforo 2.0 comes with the bar baked in. That core software was built around the hamburger menu/sidebars, which strongly incentivizes keeping the bar on mobile as well. As a result, everything else we throw onto the bar has to scale across both desktop and mobile. This ties our hands quite a bit in a way they were not tied before.
Ideally for now the breadcrumbs should be updated to reflect how they work in LegacyERA. That would offset some of the annoyances with the navbar button to switch between forums.

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this is going to get backlash just like the fusing of etcetera and its hangouts did. Again, instead of consulting/polling/surveying the forum about what they wanted, we are going to have to "learn to love it" even if the changes are detrimental to the user experience.
Change is happening in part because of a move to a newer, better supported base software package - one that does not retain compatibility with legacy themes. From a technical standpoint, it's important to make these upgrades in a timely manner as not doing so can expose you to security vulnerabilities that may not be patched in a timely manner or at all down the line.

Oct 27, 2017

Is this possible?
Hecht Cerium gimme gimme please!

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
I suppose with launch getting closer I should throw in some final thoughts.

I really appreciate all the hard work done. 2.0 is definitely a step up over Day and Night in terms of visual design. I very much appreciate the more muted purples across both the light and dark themes. Threadmarks, bookmarks (though unwieldy in their current form), thread covers, and drafts are great features and I can’t wait to put them to use. I massively appreciate all the adjustments made based on feedback given in this thread by myself and others.

But in terms of accessibility, current 2.0 just feels like a step backwards vs. current themes. A lot of things take extra clicks, which stacks up over the course of a browsing session. Alerts, Inbox, and Profile now need to be clicked to reveal their pop-ups, then clicked again to navigate to their respective pages (vs. hover to reveal / single click to navigate). Quick Jump is definitely better than nothing, but it is still two clicks vs. the one on Day and Night. If you use the hamburger menu on desktop but don’t want it permanently there, it’s a click to open, a click to navigate (+ potentially a click to unfold Hangouts navigation), then another click to close. On mobile, there’s the same issue with added clicks for navigation, and the bar is at the top of the screen - farthest away from where my thumb is most likely to be.

Some of these extra clicks feel like they are present at least in part due to needing to accommodate other, less useful, new features; the hamburger menu itself, the Latest and Trending thread lists, and the side bar. The hamburger menu doesn’t really have a purpose - it accommodates features already present in the top bar or elsewhere and otherwise only the marginally useful Trending and Latest thread lists. Both Trending and Latest show threads that are already going to naturally be floating near the tops of thread lists and I just can’t see myself using them frequently, if at all. Trending especially suffers from this, as the most active threads will already be at the tops of the thread lists. I feel Trending is an attempt to encourage a particular style of engagement that just isn’t a good fit for a forum such as ResetEra. They (or even just Latest) would be cool to have as (possibly collapsible) feeds on the front page, but I see no need for them to have dedicated thread lists and navigation options, let alone dedicated side bars and side menus. The side bar is accessible on a very limited number of pages and aside from Latest Threads just includes statistics which seem like they could be moved to the bottom of the front page instead.

I understand a lot of this is baked into the base Xenforo 2.0 software and would require a significant amount of work on proprietary solutions to change ... but I honestly feel that that work would be worth it in the long run. It’s very easy to say that we’ll just have to get used to it and that we’ll love it after we’ve used it for a while, but with no other themes to fall back on, that’s not very reassuring or comforting.

Again, I greatly appreciate all the hard work, and 2.0 is definitely an improvement in terms of visual design, and I massively appreciate all the explanations provided in this thread and all the adjustments made based on feedback given in this thread. I know it may be frustrating to read this type of negative feedback, especially when it comes from someone like me with zero experience in web design and zero concept of the amount of work and resources it would take to make some of these changes, but please know I only post these things because I care a lot about this forum and feel it is important to be honest even if I don't have access to the full picture.

I understand that the date is set and that you'll have to move forward with the launch eventually anyway to upgrade to Xenforo 2.0. First thing I'll do after launch is flood you all with sparkling hearts. I just sincerely do hope that the upcoming launch does not rule out significant changes to 2.0 in the future.

Outside of those broader thoughts and concerns, I want to highlight some previously given feedback unrelated to those concerns which I believe has not yet been directly addressed (+ some new points of feedback). I don't expect or need a direct response to each individual point, and I will understand if most, if not all, of these points are either not priorities for launch or otherwise hard or impossible to change or implement. I just want to highlight them again to make sure they weren't overlooked.

- Search result sorting seems to default to ‘relevance’ instead of date - this is not very intuitive or useful and I feel it would be better to switch the default to sorting by date instead.

- Warning and Ban banners are barely noticeable due to their lack of highlight. Would it be possible to make them red again (or possibly even yellow / orange for warnings, red for bans)?

- Gender no longer displays in the profile pop-up. This may increase unintentional misgendering. Its absence is especially odd as location is still displayed in the pop-up. I would greatly appreciate it if gender would be made visible there again too.

- A lot of options under alert preferences reference likes, profile posts, and name change requests - all of which are or seem to be disabled. Will these be removed or are they simply baked in?
> https://i.imgur.com/uc7gfK7.png

- The page top / page bottom arrows are obstructed by the save bar in the preferences screen.
> https://i.imgur.com/2Qx5RFg.png

- Is it possible to set the ‘default’ avatar to the current grayscale ResetEra logo again or are the colored squares with initials baked into 2.0 as default? I don’t find the colored squares particularly attractive.

- In Watched Threads, the 'Hangouts' tag awkwardly floats above the checkbox - it seems like it could be aligned with replies while still leaving plenty of room for long thread titles:
> (Current) https://i.imgur.com/mhhLmfK.png
> (Proposed) https://i.imgur.com/hFLbFys.png

- Also in Watched Threads, the 'Select all' text and checkbox are uncomfortably squished together and the checkbox doesn't align with the others. Moving the text to the left and aligning it with replies gives everything a bit more room to breathe and allows the checkbox to be aligned with the others
> (Current) https://i.imgur.com/MHzwd4h.png
> (Proposed) https://i.imgur.com/MKVGy5X.png

- The online status dot seems to display regardless of privacy settings - is this a bug or does it simply always display to the user themselves regardless of 'show to public' settings?
> https://i.imgur.com/sj6TY1e.png

- In account details, under gender, the 'Female' option moved way over to the right for seemingly no reason, at first glance almost making it seem like 'No selection' and 'Male' are the only / default options. Would it be possible to move 'Female' back together with the other two options?
> (Current themes) https://i.imgur.com/saSsm8k.png
> (2.0) https://i.imgur.com/I3GX2nM.png

- The sub-forum links (Archives, Sales Threads / Q&Era, and both Hangouts) disappear from the front page when in portrait mode on phone, rendering Archives, Sales Threads, and Q&Era entirely inaccessible.

- There seems to be no 'Original Poster' / 'OP' indicator on 2.0. Is its absence intentional or an oversight?

- On 2.0 Dark, some dark purple text remains;
> "Click to expand" for large quotes - https://i.imgur.com/aWsxK3s.png
> Page numbers and everything in the top bar of the Similar Threads list - https://i.imgur.com/qnT5H2i.png
> Highlighted text in the Quick Jump drop-down - https://i.imgur.com/ZYdI7WR.png
> Check-boxes in Watched Threads - https://i.imgur.com/pdvmywb.png

- The Verified tag seems to use the old bright purple and is also the only tag I found with a gradient - would it be possible to look into giving it a less saturated color and removing the gradient to bring it more in line with the other types of tags?

Thank you again for all the hard work, and apologies again for my repetitive complaints. I will definitely try to give 2.0 the chance it deserves when it launches, even if it launches as is.

Love, Llyr.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Thank you again for all the hard work, and apologies again for my repetitive complaints. I will definitely try to give 2.0 the chance it deserves when it launches, even if it launches as is.
No need at all to apologize, we've always appreciated the thought and care in your feedback. Some of the issues on your list are in fact good points, and we're going to see how many of them we can address in our final pass this week. Thank you for putting that together!

This is still a problem.
We tried to reproduce this but were not successful. Can you provide any other details, like operating system and device? Does this happen to you with other browsers?

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose with launch getting closer I should throw in some final thoughts.

I really appreciate all the hard work done. 2.0 is definitely a step up over Day and Night in terms of visual design. I very much appreciate the more muted purples across both the light and dark themes. Threadmarks, bookmarks (though unwieldy in their current form), thread covers, and drafts are great features and I can’t wait to put them to use. I massively appreciate all the adjustments made based on feedback given in this thread by myself and others.

But in terms of accessibility, current 2.0 just feels like a step backwards vs. current themes. A lot of things take extra clicks, which stacks up over the course of a browsing session. Alerts, Inbox, and Profile now need to be clicked to reveal their pop-ups, then clicked again to navigate to their respective pages (vs. hover to reveal / single click to navigate). Quick Jump is definitely better than nothing, but it is still two clicks vs. the one on Day and Night. If you use the hamburger menu on desktop but don’t want it permanently there, it’s a click to open, a click to navigate (+ potentially a click to unfold Hangouts navigation), then another click to close. On mobile, there’s the same issue with added clicks for navigation, and the bar is at the top of the screen - farthest away from where my thumb is most likely to be.

Some of these extra clicks feel like they are present at least in part due to needing to accommodate other, less useful, new features; the hamburger menu itself, the Latest and Trending thread lists, and the side bar. The hamburger menu doesn’t really have a purpose - it accommodates features already present in the top bar or elsewhere and otherwise only the marginally useful Trending and Latest thread lists. Both Trending and Latest show threads that are already going to naturally be floating near the tops of thread lists and I just can’t see myself using them frequently, if at all. Trending especially suffers from this, as the most active threads will already be at the tops of the thread lists. I feel Trending is an attempt to encourage a particular style of engagement that just isn’t a good fit for a forum such as ResetEra. They (or even just Latest) would be cool to have as (possibly collapsible) feeds on the front page, but I see no need for them to have dedicated thread lists and navigation options, let alone dedicated side bars and side menus. The side bar is accessible on a very limited number of pages and aside from Latest Threads just includes statistics which seem like they could be moved to the bottom of the front page instead.

I understand a lot of this is baked into the base Xenforo 2.0 software and would require a significant amount of work on proprietary solutions to change ... but I honestly feel that that work would be worth it in the long run. It’s very easy to say that we’ll just have to get used to it and that we’ll love it after we’ve used it for a while, but with no other themes to fall back on, that’s not very reassuring or comforting.

Again, I greatly appreciate all the hard work, and 2.0 is definitely an improvement in terms of visual design, and I massively appreciate all the explanations provided in this thread and all the adjustments made based on feedback given in this thread. I know it may be frustrating to read this type of negative feedback, especially when it comes from someone like me with zero experience in web design and zero concept of the amount of work and resources it would take to make some of these changes, but please know I only post these things because I care a lot about this forum and feel it is important to be honest even if I don't have access to the full picture.

I understand that the date is set and that you'll have to move forward with the launch eventually anyway to upgrade to Xenforo 2.0. First thing I'll do after launch is flood you all with sparkling hearts. I just sincerely do hope that the upcoming launch does not rule out significant changes to 2.0 in the future.

Outside of those broader thoughts and concerns, I want to highlight some previously given feedback unrelated to those concerns which I believe has not yet been directly addressed (+ some new points of feedback). I don't expect or need a direct response to each individual point, and I will understand if most, if not all, of these points are either not priorities for launch or otherwise hard or impossible to change or implement. I just want to highlight them again to make sure they weren't overlooked.

- Search result sorting seems to default to ‘relevance’ instead of date - this is not very intuitive or useful and I feel it would be better to switch the default to sorting by date instead.

- Warning and Ban banners are barely noticeable due to their lack of highlight. Would it be possible to make them red again (or possibly even yellow / orange for warnings, red for bans)?

- Gender no longer displays in the profile pop-up. This may increase unintentional misgendering. Its absence is especially odd as location is still displayed in the pop-up. I would greatly appreciate it if gender would be made visible there again too.

- A lot of options under alert preferences reference likes, profile posts, and name change requests - all of which are or seem to be disabled. Will these be removed or are they simply baked in?
> https://i.imgur.com/uc7gfK7.png

- The page top / page bottom arrows are obstructed by the save bar in the preferences screen.
> https://i.imgur.com/2Qx5RFg.png

- Is it possible to set the ‘default’ avatar to the current grayscale ResetEra logo again or are the colored squares with initials baked into 2.0 as default? I don’t find the colored squares particularly attractive.

- In Watched Threads, the 'Hangouts' tag awkwardly floats above the checkbox - it seems like it could be aligned with replies while still leaving plenty of room for long thread titles:
> (Current) https://i.imgur.com/mhhLmfK.png
> (Proposed) https://i.imgur.com/hFLbFys.png

- Also in Watched Threads, the 'Select all' text and checkbox are uncomfortably squished together and the checkbox doesn't align with the others. Moving the text to the left and aligning it with replies gives everything a bit more room to breathe and allows the checkbox to be aligned with the others
> (Current) https://i.imgur.com/MHzwd4h.png
> (Proposed) https://i.imgur.com/MKVGy5X.png

- The online status dot seems to display regardless of privacy settings - is this a bug or does it simply always display to the user themselves regardless of 'show to public' settings?
> https://i.imgur.com/sj6TY1e.png

- In account details, under gender, the 'Female' option moved way over to the right for seemingly no reason, at first glance almost making it seem like 'No selection' and 'Male' are the only / default options. Would it be possible to move 'Female' back together with the other two options?
> (Current themes) https://i.imgur.com/saSsm8k.png
> (2.0) https://i.imgur.com/I3GX2nM.png

- The sub-forum links (Archives, Sales Threads / Q&Era, and both Hangouts) disappear from the front page when in portrait mode on phone, rendering Archives, Sales Threads, and Q&Era entirely inaccessible.

- There seems to be no 'Original Poster' / 'OP' indicator on 2.0. Is its absence intentional or an oversight?

- On 2.0 Dark, some dark purple text remains;
> "Click to expand" for large quotes - https://i.imgur.com/aWsxK3s.png
> Page numbers and everything in the top bar of the Similar Threads list - https://i.imgur.com/qnT5H2i.png
> Highlighted text in the Quick Jump drop-down - https://i.imgur.com/ZYdI7WR.png
> Check-boxes in Watched Threads - https://i.imgur.com/pdvmywb.png

- The Verified tag seems to use the old bright purple and is also the only tag I found with a gradient - would it be possible to look into giving it a less saturated color and removing the gradient to bring it more in line with the other types of tags?

Love, Llyr.

Honestly after all your constructive feedback and ideas, I feel you should be part of the design-team!

Oct 25, 2017
The notifications will appear on the hamburger.

So thats really staying? Shoving things into a menu that used to be just right there available is such a baffling decision

Really thought after all the feedback bringing the icons in the top bar back on mobile for profile, inbox, alerts would be a given

Among other things easily one of the biggest head scratcher changes of 2.0 and makes no sense.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So thats really staying? Shoving things into a menu that used to be just right there available is such a baffling decision

Really thought after all the feedback bringing the icons in the top bar back for profile, inbox, alerts would be a given

Among other things easily one of the biggest head scratcher changes of 2.0 and makes no sense.
Hamburger menu is apparently baked into Xenforo 2.0's core, so it's extremely difficult to change that behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburger menu is apparently baked into Xenforo 2.0's core, so it's extremely difficult to change that behavior.
Great so it seems this update is just meant to give mobile users a worse, more complicated browsing expierence...

Literally everything is worse on the mobile site.

Oct 25, 2017
Great so it seems this update is just meant to give mobile users a worse, more complicated browsing expierence...

Literally everything is worse on the mobile site.
I would imagine it's more about moving to XF 2.0 as soon as possible. Era is a high profile site and has to be at the forefront of all available security updates whenever possible.

Ironically, XF's team intended this structure as an improvement for mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.