• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Create games in ways previously unimaginable with the Workshop! The Workshop is a simplified game scripting system that expands the customization features available in the Game Browser. Within the Workshop, you'll create a Script to add Rules and unique play Conditions on top of the established Overwatch game modes you already know and love. Rules can do many things, like change how a hero's movement and abilities work, modify how players are damaged or healed, or even display text under certain circumstances.

One hot game mode you can create is Molten Floor, where your hero will catch on fire if they're on the ground:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/22938941/introducing-the-overwatch-workshop

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Live on PTR
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – April 24, 2019
A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Workshop
We're excited to share a new in-game feature called the Workshop! The Workshop greatly expands the game customization features available in the Game Browser by adding a simplified game scripting system. Enhance the Overwatch game modes you know and love with new game rules, victory conditions, adjustments to the heroes' movements and abilities, and much more. Once you've created an awesome new game, create a code to share it with your friends or the whole community! For information on how to get started using the Workshop, see our Workshop blog post. We're excited to see what you come up with!
Note that this is a test of an in-development feature, so we may need to adjust or turn it off as we work to improve it. Please post any questions or stability issues in the PTR Feedback forum.
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste
  • Immortality Field
    • If it lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
Wrecking Ball
  • Minefield
    • If a mine lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
BUG FIXES
Heroes
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would become stuck under some objects
  • Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would behave oddly when placed on a moving platform
  • Fixed a bug where a healing grenade would appear in his Biotic Launcher when it is out of ammo
  • Fixed a bug where the healing grenades from the Biotic Launcher wouldn't hit teammates when deflected by Genji's Deflect
D.Va
  • Fixed a bug where D.Va's speed when using Boosters decreased dramatically when flying over some platforms
Genji
  • Fixed a bug where Genji couldn't climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
Hanzo
  • Fixed a bug where Hanzo couldn't climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
Moira
  • Fixed a bug with Moira's Scientist skin where her lab coat would clip into itself while using the Erlenmeyer victory pose
Orisa
  • Fixed a bug where damage boosting from a teammate's ability (such as Baptiste's Amplification Matrix) would count towards Orisa's damage amplified statistic when using Supercharger

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will be strictly relegated to customs or if a custom mode becomes popular enough they'll consider throwing it up on the Arcade rotation.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Is this really a feature the player base has been asking for and or improvements to the core game itself? I have to wonder. While it sounds like a neat feature, was this really a priority for the player base?

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
This seems cool and all but this seems like a giant waste of time when there are more pressing matters when it comes to game balance and meaningful content updates.

Also, it seems like the vast majority of players won't even be able to use this if what Jeff says is true if you don't have experience in scripting programs and what not.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Is this really a feature the player base has been asking for and or improvements to the core game itself? I have to wonder. While it sounds like a neat feature, was this really a priority for the player base?
I mean like it or not, all blizzard has been doing is working on the core game. The player base at large benefits from added modes like this and would actually give people a reason to browse for custom games outside headshot only training. This is MASSIVE.

This seems cool and all but this seems like a giant waste of time when there are more pressing matters when it comes to game balance and meaningful content updates.

Also, it seems like the vast majority of players won't even be able to use this if what Jeff says is true if you don't have experience in scripting programs and what not.

I mean, customer editors have been a thing for decades, especially for Blizzard games. Not only that, it's a good way to learn/get into it.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando

Amazing feature. Era: negativity

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it has been recently, but it definitely was at launch and for the first few years of the game.

When they launched the Arcade, I remember the general community sentiment being "This is neat, but we want even more customization".

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The teams working on this would not be working on balance. That's a wholly different skillset.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This would be better if they actually rotated brawls in a meaningful way like they did before introducing the arcade and showcased custom games.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
This is pretty awesome. Also to balance complaints....i mean the second we leave this meta, everyone will be instantly bitching about the next once its defined so i'd rather them work on neat features to add longeivity to the game vs nerfing tanks more.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game desperately needs new and more creative game modes, so if Blizzard won't add them I'll gladly take the opportunity to play cool ones people have come up with. The idea of a more balanced Mystery Heroes, for example, is something I've wanted for a while.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This seems pretty hamstrung by the lack of a map editor but I want to see the flexibility of the system. Especially the idea of using it to prototype a new hero if you can do more than make McCree shoot out an Orisa shield.

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I'm glad you take valid criticism of a video game well.

Sure, but why waste time and resources on something like this when it could have been put to something more substantial?
It was hardly valid criticism. It was the definition of complaining when given unexpected gifts.

AND due to the code system, the majority will be able to use all the new game modes created.

You may a serious rethink if you're going to post.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Do custom games still give out 0/super reduced xp?

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Why can't you salt-breaths can't just say "this feature doesn't interest me" instead of whatever bullshit this is
And why can't y'all just relax instead of resorting to insults? I'd rather have more frequent balancing, more heroes and maps per year, events that aren't rehashes.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool feature, I love devs supporting custom games modes.
It's the kind of stuff that while it might not bring back people who have abandoned the game will sustain the core player base.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
It was hardly valid criticism. It was the definition of complaining when given unexpected gifts.

AND due to the code system, the majority will be able to use all the new game modes created.

You may a serious rethink if you're going to post.

Thanks for being needlessly hostile over something so mundane.

Whatever, enjoy being stuck in GOATS meta for another 6 months. You deserve it.

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Thanks for being needlessly hostile over something so mundane.

Whatever, enjoy being stuck in GOATS meta for another 6 months. You deserve it.
I play off meta and do fine. I don't whine about everything in the game.

If I were being hostile you'd know it for sure. 💕

ON topic - Fitzy already figured out how to make the Battle Royale shrinking storm that quick!!!!

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've always maintained that with the rise of ranked game modes, it would signal the death of funmaps and other bullshit that got me in this mess to begin with. Nice to see some leverage in the other direction from a dev.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Always cool to see more customization. Good work. Now get on that Switch port :p

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Does this tool include spawning enemies and pathing? Would be fun to have someone cook up a MOBA mode.

Like, just a simple idea:

-Take a Capture the flag map
-Have a Talon Heavy with jacked up health on the flag areas (remove the flag?)
-Weak Talon recruits spawn from this area and have a path to the other team flag area
-Kill the enemy heavy to win.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds really cool, but I had to shake my head at "this is the balanced Mystery Heroes you wanted, right?"

Most people wanted balanced MH because 90% of the time MH is the most (or only) "Overwatch" thing in the arcade to grind out weekly boxes on, and the chance of getting a bunch of lopsided MH games in a row made that a chore.

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Shhh. Don't say that! People will say you're being negative, and complain about everything! No matter how valid your criticism is!
Are the actual tears flowing now? You literally had negativity a free Dev vanity project update. That's poor form.

And I'd say they have done plenty to solve most of those. LFG works wonders.

EDIT:. I forgot. 2019 is about deleting negativity. /Ignore