• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Art direction is sort of bad character wise. Everyone looks so...round, even if the animation is on point.

Pastel color palette is worse than the original too.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I thought we were getting an Invader Zim game for a second.

Really curious how this is going to turn out. Animators seem to have brought their A game at least.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't know about the Zim comics, and the hardcover editions look nice, but was disappointed to see that Vasquez hasn't been more involved.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge Zim fan and that was good. Most of the animation is great but there were a few scenes that had terrible tweens. I guess they used most of their budget on those crazy scenes.

Not a fan of the art style change or Gaz acting different but it's a solid return nonetheless. I hope they can continue it as a series.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the art: This is, to my understanding, an adaptation of some of the comic stuff along with new content? I know at least one of the clips has been a 1:1 adaptation of a scene from the comics. So it's probably meant to visually look akin to them as much as to the show.

1h11m.
The first 10 minutes or so are basically the comics. They didn't have to change to that art style. I think it's fine though. I do hate the tweened animation that was in a few scenes here and there. It was too distracting for me.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The first 10 minutes or so are basically the comics. They didn't have to change to that art style. I think it's fine though. I do hate the tweened animation that was in a few scenes here and there. It was too distracting for me.

With that in mind... is it so 1:1 that a reading of those issues wouldn't be enjoyable? I've been meaning to pick them up.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it, I don't think the original show holds up all that well but this is way better than it should be. It's still the same random sense of humor but it's executed really well, and art and animation is great also.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does the original show not hold up?
It's just that there's a janky-ness to the original show that I don't really like. That and I think the jokes are just hit or miss. I don't think it's bad, I think it holds up better than most other Nickelodeon shows, but I don't like it as much as I did as a kid.

I think the new movie is Zim at its best though.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Wow that was actually pretty good. Animation/art style was great and I actually laughed quite a bit. The writers still have it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Wait was that Justin Roland doing a cameo as chefbot4000?
It definitely sounded like it!

Unrelated gif that I feel i'll get a lot of use from:

giphy.gif

Really enjoyed it, the animation during the florpus scene is incredible

It's impressive. Almost lifelike in places
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Godisreal.gif

Fucking finally holy shit. I love Invader Zim. So is this a brand new season or just the old shows on Netflix? It seems new but I'm too afraid to hope.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that it retained its sense of humor.

"When I was a child I thought sharks were my friends!"

"I know better now..."

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Is this still not up in the U.S.? Goddammit.

Edit: N/m. Wasn't showing up on search, but found it anyway.

Apr 8, 2018
As someone who likes Invader Zim but hasn't seen every episode of the original series, would this still be worth watching?

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Would someone who has never seen the show be able to jump right into this and enjoy it? My GF has never seen this show and I wanted to maybe watch this with her tonight, but if this would be better if she was more familiar with the series, I could always do a rewatch with her and watch it another time.