• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gir laughing brings me so much joy, its like Ed laughing in TLK. Netlifx is doing god's work with all these revivals and continuations.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
For all the animosity I feel towards Netflix as of late, bringing back shows like this is what made me love them in the first place.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
So I guess it is true that because that Hey Arnold movie bombed like hell, Nickelodeon decided to halt all reboots / remakes, and continuations of old IPs, and off loaded everything in progress to Netflix... Shame

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
geez, finally.

For all the animosity I feel towards Netflix as of late, bringing back shows like this is what made me love them in the first place.

This was already made by Nickelodeon like The Rocko one, and Nickelodeon just decided... to not... show them. And then just sold them to Netflix I guess? Seeing the staff on these go insane over the last couple years not knowing if their hard work was ever going to be seen was pretty weird versus the excitement of the initial announcements.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Woo! I was at the Zim panel at SDCC the year before this one and it was a great time. The hype trailer gave me chills, it was cool to see Jhonen and Horvitz, and and I actually ended up sitting beside Kevin McDonald (Almighty Tallest Purple) on the flight home. Really psyched to see that it's actually coming out soon.

Deleted member 51845

user requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Right on. Hopefully it gets Vasquez back into making more content. It feels like he fell off the face of the earth.

Hopefully they give a release date of the Rocko's Modern Life movie soon as well.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, I had no idea they were making an Invader Zim movie!

I shall prepare my bladder for emanate release!

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This hit me like a train out of nowhere. I know there was some talk, but this is literally a little over 3 weeks from now. Time for a last minute rewatch of the series.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Nickelodeon is never gonna give Netflix the rights to the series.. I still got the DVD's buried somewhere. Anyways, tentatively excited as this looks like a continuation since the floating moose is hanging out.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! I have waited years and years for a continuation of this series. Invader Zim was like my entire childhood.

Oct 25, 2017
wweYpML.gif

Life footage of Nickelodeon getting rid of the Invader Zim film.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I take it there's a zero chance these specials cause a series revival because Arnold bombed, right?

Aaron

Iā€™m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
So I take it there's a zero chance these specials cause a series revival because Arnold bombed, right?
Maybe if they do really well on Netflix that can inspire a new wave of these. Netflix would probably have to commission them, though.

I'm not surprised the Arnold movie bombed the way they did it. If anything it probably would have benefited more from them throwing it on Netflix or Hulu for the 20/30something crowd that grew up with it than expecting the new generation who doesn't know what the hell a Hey Arnold is to watch it during regularly scheduled programming. How many millennials even have cable these days?

It was great though, and I'm super jazzed about the Rocko and Zim movies too. If anything I'm just glad they exist, even if it doesn't pan out to something bigger or more sustained.

let Craig make The Patakis already

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Gir laughing brings me so much joy, its like Ed laughing in TLK. Netlifx is doing god's work with all these revivals and continuations.
Netflix had nothing to do with these happening. Nick just decided they didn't want to broadcast it on their own network/service. It's probably for the best that it's on Netflix.