• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 23, 2017
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to establish a bank account with fidelity for depositing money into my account?? Its finally listed when I say I want to make a transfer, but it still wont let me select it. It's been like a week since I created my account.

Oct 30, 2017
How are the portfolios going? Mines never been higher (well it's basically SP500 and Big Tech), feels good to see those green numbers.

I hold Netflix since a year though and it's still red, hopefully it will go green soon, I think I will sell it as soon as I can.

Thinking to buy Tesla and iShares Global Clean Energy ETF with the Netflix money, renewables are here to stay, is there a reason why this ETF shouldn't rise straight into heaven?? xD (it tanked badly right after it was issued a few years ago, now it's rising again)

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else waiting for RobinHood drip and fractional shares to go live?

OP
OP
Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How are the portfolios going? Mines never been higher (well it's basically SP500 and Big Tech), feels good to see those green numbers.

I hold Netflix since a year though and it's still red, hopefully it will go green soon, I think I will sell it as soon as I can.

Thinking to buy Tesla and iShares Global Clean Energy ETF with the Netflix money, renewables are here to stay, is there a reason why this ETF shouldn't rise straight into heaven?? xD (it tanked badly right after it was issued a few years ago, now it's rising again)

Yeah markets have been good, I'm only invested in vbal and have been cashing out here and there because I'll need the money soon.

I think with the virus we are probably due for some downturn but markets have become very resilient (and obviously rightly so in retrospect) so maybe it will shrug it off anyway.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

Just be careful with Tesla shares. It is such a momentum stock it can go down as fast as it goes up. The stock has tripled in value from it's low of 180 last year. It is a stock that could push up to 1000 or get cut in half from it's current level.

i feel like buying Tesla shares is almost there same as gambling. You might strike it huge or you might lose a lot.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like buying Tesla shares is almost there same as gambling. You might strike it huge or you might lose a lot.

In the short term I'd agree, TSLA is volatile. In the long term (3-5 years) TSLA is going up, WAY up. The Q4 earnings next week will likely beat the expected and the stock will probably jump up again, but it will also likely dip again too after that. Especially when the Q1 2020 earnings come out which will likely be negative due to the China plant costs rolling in, so later this year will probably be another good chance to buy TSLA at a low. Maybe, that new low might be higher than it currently is too, its too volatile to predict honestly.

For certain though it is going far up long term. That's practically a certainty.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Tesla squeeze tonight after earnings. O_o

Congrats to all who own the stock. Most volatile stock in the market continuing to squeeze to the upside.

Oct 30, 2017
Tesla +10% fuck my life haha, didn't pull the trigger yet

Damn, I just now saw that this stock grew 110% - 260% (depending on when you bought) in the last year.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if everyone else is following Tesla but the last couple days have been wild. Went parabolic to the point where it almost looked like a blow off top. Going up in a straight line to almost 970 yesterday and dropped 100 points in the last 15 minutes. Now down another 150 points today. The stock dropped 250 dollars in 24 hours. I have no position but I love watching the stock move.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I hold TSLA shares, I'm very long though and not interested in selling for a few years so this roller coaster has been pure entertainment for me!

OP
OP
Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how markets can be up right now. The virus is a big deal. It could lead to a global recession that is completely unlike any we have dealt with before.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this is because the virus hasn't been a huge deal outside of China, plus the Chinese government are pumping their market right now. So you have the Fed pumping the USA market with liquidity (though that is supposed to come offline soon) and the Chinese government pumping money into their market. Hard to fight. Plus I believe the number of new corona cases is starting to slightly go down each day relative to the day before for the last couple days.

I do think all this liquidity injection could end badly, but I have no idea how to call a top in the market. However, the last couple days have had weird price action. Gap higher on open, move sideways the rest of the day. Gap up again at open, move sideways rest of the day. These movements aren't normal and maybe it is a signal of something bigger. Usually you need a blow off top before the market truly peaks, and the 20 year anniversary of the March 2000 dot com crash bubble is coming in a couple weeks.

Internet-bubble.gif

Though I don't think the USA market is due for a crash. A pullback I could see., more than the 3 percent we had last week (which has already been made up and more).

For me, Tesla's parabolic move this last week is kind of eye opening to how people are really starting to reach to try and make money. Tesla is an abnormal stock in the first place but the movement the last couple weeks is super abnormal even for Tesla. Even with an over 200 point drop from it's high of a couple days ago, at the close today Tesla is being valued as a 135 billion dollar company.

The stock market is definitely not acting normal right now. Yet stocks (and the stock market) can stay irrational for a long time. Despite my skepticism on the current stock market I can't deny that most long term technical indicators are pointing positive. So it isn't like I believe the sky is falling yet. Just noticing a lot of abnormalities lately.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how markets can be up right now. The virus is a big deal. It could lead to a global recession that is completely unlike any we have dealt with before.
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. Usually much smaller events make the markets tumble... and here we have fucking CHINA, the world manufacturer, coughing (and stopping a lot of production) and ... like nothing is happening?

I only can imagine there will be a delayed response, maybe?

The stock market is definitely not acting normal right now. Yet stocks (and the stock market) can stay irrational for a long time. Despite my skepticism on the current stock market I can't deny that most long term technical indicators are pointing positive. So it isn't like I believe the sky is falling yet. Just noticing a lot of abnormalities lately.
To me, the stock market is always irrational ;)

OP
OP
Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would expect a drop of orders for Amazon for one. Apple's production lines could be hit. Nvidia, Intel. The list goes on.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprise this thread is only 4 pages long. Guess not a lot of Era investors.

I'll be dipping into here everyone in a while since I just started learning about stock market. Gotta invest while I'm young so that I have something when I retired.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprise this thread is only 4 pages long. Guess not a lot of Era investors.

I'll be dipping into here everyone in a while since I just started learning about stock market. Gotta invest while I'm young so that I have something when I retired.

This thread is for people that invest in individual stocks.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/retirement-era-ot-how-to-invest-for-retirement.1453/page-43
This other thread is for index investing for retirement and it's more active.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Is this page ok to post for a newbie? Or can someone direct me to the proper thread for just starting out? I've done pretty decent with my 401k at work and now that I have some extra cash saved I was wanting to test the waters in stocks on my own. I have no idea how to start this? Is there reliable app to sign up with?

OP
OP
Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017