• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Just like what happened with We Happy Few and Hellblade physical release, MS won't stop the ongoing projects for InXile despite the acquisition.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Well, at least there's that.
But it's the minimum that should be expected, otherwise they would have to refund backers and investors.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Also, with the regards to Bard's Tale 4:

This was less than a week ago, so presumably nothing's changed there. Holding out some hope Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered might still be multiplatform as well, I have a score to settle with them from my childhood and I'd love to do it on my PS4.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it would get pretty messy if acquired studios started breaking prior commitments, especially ones that they'd already charged for. Better for all involved to wrap up existing projects before going full MS exclusive.

Good to have it plainly stated.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious what this means for Obsidion 2k project.

I would almost guess since it was meant to be a fairly big release for obaidian MS might just buy the rights entirely off T2 or it just gets canned.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, I missed this thread in search.

I do wonder how Fig investors feel about these acquisitions though.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Whoops, I missed this thread in search.

I do wonder how Fig investors feel about these acquisitions though.

They're bound to be pleased, the games that they invested in will still be coming to all the initially promised platforms, they'll have higher visibility now, and Microsoft might even help with the promotion, at least on their own platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder about Wasteland 3, though. Is Microsoft gonna pump money into it? Put it into Game Pass? Is Wasteland 3 only for PC, so far?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
They're bound to be pleased, the games that they invested in will still be coming to all the initially promised platforms, they'll have higher visibility now, and Microsoft might even help with the promotion, at least on their own platforms.

That's what I figured at first—but I wonder if MS will even step in for WL3 beyond, maybe, taking over physical distribution for the Xbox release ala Hellblade. You have to figure there are still a couple of months to go for the acquisition to finalize and the game is supposed to release at some point next year. Wonder how much time there will be for MS to make an impact or if it will just go the way of We Happy Few.

Is Wasteland 3 only for PC, so far?

PC, PS4 and Xbox One

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
That's what I figured at first—but I wonder if MS will even step in for WL3 beyond, maybe, taking over physical distribution for the Xbox release ala Hellblade. You have to figure there are still a couple of months to go for the acquisition to finalize and the game is supposed to release at some point next year. Wonder how much time there will be for MS to make an impact or if it will just go the way of We Happy Few.

Either way, the situation for investors can't be worse, only better. It does make me wonder if they'll see some additional money when the game inevitably finds its way to Game Pass. Probably not.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Either way, the situation for investors can't be worse, only better.

Yeah, I definitely think it's all positive from my side of things, then again I'm not too privy to the finer points of that investment agreement.

It does make me wonder if they'll see some additional money when the game inevitably finds its way to Game Pass. Probably not.

I've been wondering that myself ever since Phoenix Point was announced as coming to Game Pass. Since it's Microsoft funding the port I was curious to see if sales from that version of the game would even be included in the fig payout.