• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A senior member of the International Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if it proves too dangerous to hold the Olympics in Tokyo this summer because of the coronavirus outbreak, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it. Dick Pound, a former Canadian swimming champion who has been on the IOC since 1978, making him its longest-serving member, estimated there is a three-month window — perhaps a two-month one — to decide the fate of the Tokyo Olympics, meaning a decision could be put off until late May.

"In and around that time, I'd say folks are going to have to ask: 'Is this under sufficient control that we can be confident about going to Tokyo or not?'" he said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press.

apnews.com

IOC member casts doubt on postponing or moving Tokyo Games

TOKYO (AP) — A senior member of the International Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if it proves too dangerous to hold the Olympics in Tokyo this summer because of the coronavirus outbreak, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it.

I can't imagine it being moved. The IOC would have a hard time erecting new facilities to accommodate such a huge event quickly enough. The only option would be a country that has recently hosted it and that already has the infrastructure.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
You just wanted to make a thread that said "member Dick Pound", you can be honest

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Saw that name trend on Twitter earlier and I told myself to better not check that out, lol.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Olympics Face Threat of Cancellation from Dick Pound
The IOC would have a hard time erecting new facilities to accommodate such a huge event quickly enough.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.resetera.com

AP: Senior member of the International Olympic Committee has stated that the coronavirus could cause full cancellation of the 2020 Summer Olympics COVID

The AP has reported that on February 25th, a senior member of the IOC has stated that it's likely if the coronavirus proves to be too dangerous to hold this summer's Olympics, it's likely it will be fully cancelled than postponing or moving the Olympics. This IOC member states that this decision...
Shit. That's my bad. I searched "IOC" and didn't find anything.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Mod Whining
Be careful that you don't catch a ban for "boys club behavior" with all the Dick jokes.

Reference aside, I can't imagine how insane it would be if the Olympics were canceled, but better safe than a worse outbreak.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spam email.

Nobody wants to cancel but how on earth do you control people coming together then going back home, you basically need it to be a ghost town or have some way of telling with certainty every single person coming to the area doesn't have it.

Last edited:

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Hilariously unfortunate name aside, I was wondering about whether or not the Olympics would still happen if Coronavirus was still kicking around. This virus is going to fuck this entire year up and then some.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i was gonna make this thread earlier but with a better title than that
you blew it op.
titled shoulda been longtime member dick pound...

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): Mod Whining
A lot of boys club talk in here.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.