• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Can't remember if this was pointed out in this thread but the official voidpoint twitter is following/liking a decent amount of anti Lgbt tweets as well. Memes about the acronym, Lauren souther "jokes" about misgendering, etc and the devs just said "well I don't do social media so I didn't know" when someone pointed it out on the discord

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
So should we warn some streamers about this situation? I know Vinny started a playthrough of it and probably doesn't know.
What are you going to do, force people to stop streaming the game, and if they don't, claim they are transphobic alt-righters? You are putting innocent streamers into a difficult position, and I don't think that's fair.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
What are you going to do, force people to stop streaming the game, and if they don't, claim they are transphobic alt-righters? You are putting innocent streamers into a difficult position, and I don't think that's fair.
I'm sure there are important voices out there that might not know they're promoting something made by people with aweful views, and they may want to be informed. If they choose to continue promoting the game, that's their decision, what people do with that information is also their choice.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does the game express any objectionable content or was it just one of the devs on discord?
Just want to point out some things I've found

JP5St7A.png
8XtB9TN.jpg

yEgImJT.png
d87pLlw.png

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Can't remember if this was pointed out in this thread but the official voidpoint twitter is following/liking a decent amount of anti Lgbt tweets as well. Memes about the acronym, Lauren souther "jokes" about misgendering, etc and the devs just said "well I don't do social media so I didn't know" when someone pointed it out on the discord
Ah, so this is where the GOG social media guy went to work after he got booted.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
I'm sure there are important voices out there that might not know they're promoting something made by people with aweful views, and they may want to be informed. If they choose to continue promoting the game, that's their decision, what people do with that information is also their choice.

Yup. Them being"innocent" don't exclude them from knowing the truth about the devs behind this game.

Many people chose to keep watching Jontron after it was known he's a racist. And that people is as guilty as the racist.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Parents aren't doing that, stop reading tabloids

It's generally thought that children start forming an identity around 2-3 years old

Also decided to check out the logs for myself

2.PNG

1.PNG

6.PNG
'We've had our fun' haha yeah mocking trans people is super fun

Good to see 3D realms taking this seriously. This game is rotten from top to bottom.

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
Yeah but on the other hand this is still a serious issue and not giving attention to the game will have consciences. If not streamers then Jim Sterling since this topic seems right up his ally.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but on the other hand this is still a serious issue and not giving attention to the game will have consciences. If not streamers then Jim Sterling since this topic seems right up his ally.
He already gave it a brief mention at the end of his most recent Jimquisition but that's about it. Seems to avoid these topics unless they really blow the fuck up like THQN/8chan did.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I'm just not sure what the appropriate action should be then.

The poster was simply asking whether or not a streamer could be allowed to play the game, fully aware of the controversy, without being labeled alt-right or trans-phobic or any other number of awful qualifiers. It's not an invalid question and I'm not sure what the answer to that is.

. . .the ingame slags however might make that decision a bit easier for some folks.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
[mod edit: let's not signal-boost Twitter trolls]

Head's up, there's an anti-reset era account monitoring this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it's on me personally to forgive them, but this is honestly one of the firmer apologies I've seen, considering that it outlines how it's actually going to make good on the issue and doesn't try to shift the onus or lessen it.

The fact that it immediately follows "we've had our fun", though, does kind of make me a little suspicious.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Not that it's on me to give them, but this is honestly one of the firmer apologies I've seen, considering that it outlines how it's actually going to make good on the issue and doesn't try to shift the onus or lessen it.

The fact that it immediately follows "we've had out fun", though, does kind of make me a little suspicious.
Just speculation, but I am guessing 3D Realms got on their ass as of Monday morning and forced movement. Their new leadership is very cutthroat in terms of anything that might hurt their business.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Not that it's on me to give them, but this is honestly one of the firmer apologies I've seen, considering that it outlines how it's actually going to make good on the issue and doesn't try to shift the onus or lessen it.

The fact that it immediately follows "we've had out fun", though, does kind of make me a little suspicious.
Yeah I have doubts. It's...a step I guess. Wish it could have been made from the parties who really made those comments in the first place though, or actual change of hearts. But concrete steps are good.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
Eyyyy some good came of this. Now all they have to do is follow through and all will be forgiven as long is actual change is happening. We should probably pay attention to the discord for a few days just to make sure they don't relapse and this is an inauthentic apology.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Damn that's a good article

After these screenshots hit social media and video game message board ResetEra, Ion Fury took a defensive tact by saying that the full context of the screenshots were missing. Upon investigating the Discord, which had not deleted anything as of Friday evening, it was not clear what context the Voidpoint developers were referring to. The developer's Twitter, which showed a number of public Favorites of similar viewpoints, reiterated that context was missing and stated that they did not understand how Twitter works.

L M A O

But uh ye I'll wait until they actually follow up on this

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't mean the devs themselves are sorry but at the very least their brand of right leaning hurtful humor will likely be kept within the confines of their office if they want to keep their jobs. Good on the publisher for taking action as based off the Discord looks like the devs themselves felt no remorse other that they got caught thinking nobody would bother to search the history of the Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.