• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course it's now getting review bombed by incels and "free speech" advocates. Though this one kinda made me laugh a little:

GWbi9Q4.jpg
Guess I picked the correct forum lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Reading recent steam reviews is indeed hilarious, very satisfying considering what their ilk was comfortable spewing before and initially during this. As was obvious from their Discord, they really garnered a lot of juvenile troglodytes as fans.

Game ruined because they removed a homophobic slur and changed a 25px soap bottle to not have a playground-level homophobic prod.

They don't like that the dev has apologized, because it underlines that there was something to be apologized for in the first place.

Because they don't want to be culpable for the things they say.
👏👏👏

Last edited:

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I just went to check and holy shit I couldn't make it half the first page of that thread. It truly has become a cesspool where you can just spout any shit you want, wow.

The irony that one has to call it REEEEset when that whole thread is filled with people throwing a fit over homophobic writings on a bottle of soap being removed.

Yeah, once in a full moon I go there, just to weep.

Their politics section is truly a sight to behold. Bunch of intellectual dimwits. It would actually be funny if it wasn't truly horrifying ...

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Reading recent steam reviews is indeed hilarious, very satisfying considering what their ilk was comfortable spewing before and initially during this. As was obvious from their Discord, they really garnered a lot of juvenile troglodytes as fans.

Game ruined because they removed a homophobic slur and changed a 25px soap bottle to not have a playground-level homophobic prod.

👏👏👏
The fourth "review" is deliciously ironic.

Ps: you put the same review twice.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
So now the manchildren that were criticizing how easily the collective of rapists and pedophiles that is Era gets offended by non-issues that hurt no one and cancels everything on a heartbeat are getting offended, doing a complete 180 on a dime and cancelling the game due to yet to be implemented changes that remove exactly two slurs they probably wouldn't even know were there if someone from the collective of rapists and pedophiles that is Era didn't go out of their way to document, plus a donation that hurts no one?

/chuckle

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
They courted this audience, now they're stuck with it.

Enjoy.
They care about the money, which is the same whether the audience is shitty or not. Same with CDPR, THQN, etc.

Hell, signal to the alt-right and you'll get people who'll buy the game with no intention of playing it just to OWN THE LIBS!!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Also now that this thread has largely played itself out I feel safer asking

Am I the only one who read the thread title as Ion Furry at first and was really confused for a second? I know my eyesight isn't the best and at first glance I thought wtf is going on. The game itself slipped under my radar since I am not a PC gamer at all.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just imagining typing this seriously, lmano

Mod Edit: Removed off topic image.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wow at the apology with actual call to action =O

So rare that I am like "an unicorn, i must make a wish" or something

Of course it's now getting review bombed by incels and "free speech" advocates. Though this one kinda made me laugh a little:

GWbi9Q4.jpg

As always, they think a game suffered censorship and what they attack is .... the game's reviews

Is this some kind of victim blaming ? =P

Fizz

Jul 15, 2019
Ontario, Canada
It always astounds me how upset people become over just common decency and respect for other humans. Like, how are these people this upset about the idea that someone next door to them who is different than them wants to be treated like a human and not a throw-away joke.

*sighs*

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Imagine being pissed that THEIR MONEY (narration: it wasn't actually their money) is going to a charity that aims to stop kids from killing themselves. Are there no bounds to the alt-left's villainy?

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagining typing this seriously, lmano
Mod Edit: Removed off topic image.
It's a fucking shame what Evilore has allowed GAF to become. It's the exact opposite of what the site once stood for. He had the chance to embrace things with at least a bit of dignity, but instead choose to piss in the wind and go full right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding cross-forum drama

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication
Please remember from our community guidelines:

We have no interest in hosting discussions that fuel drama between our community and others. Please do not derail threads with drama about other forums and websites, do not encourage comparisons or competition with other forums, and do not create threads about them either.

Thanks folks!

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The publisher had at least minimum of decency, which is rare in this godforsaken Trump years, so I'm willing to not dismiss their future games outright. I expected worse with upcoming Gamescom hogging all the media attention.

No compromise to Ion Fury and their dev team though. Another one to permanently throw into garbage bin.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The Steam reviews have dropped from overwhelmingly positive, to very positive, and now mostly positive. It is getting review bombed by angry bigots who are crying about SJWs and censorship of art. I didn't realize a bottle in game saying "OGAY" is art. Also, apparently we're pedophiles according to some reviews.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The amount of backlash to the removal of a sprite with sophomoric offensive "humor" is kind of scaring me. I didn't realize how many Steam gamers were "anti-SJW" hate filled creatures. How prevalent are these assholes in the gaming community?

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam reviews have dropped from overwhelmingly positive, to very positive, and now mostly positive. It is getting review bombed by angry bigots who are crying about SJWs and censorship of art. I didn't realize a bottle in game saying "OGAY" is art. Also, apparently we're pedophiles according to some reviews.
Luckily steam has an option to compensate for review bombs now I think.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wasn't expecting such an apology with action. I'm more impressed than I was expecting to be.
Can't say the cultures fixed and I wonder how serious the sensitivity training will be taken but with the new zero policy they're trying.

The amount of backlash to the removal of a sprite with sophomoric offensive "humor" is kind of scaring me. I didn't realize how many Steam gamers were "anti-SJW" hate filled creatures. How prevalent are these assholes in the gaming community?

Steam is full of nazis / alt-righters, it's no surprise. When they want to be heard they will try their damned hardest.

The irony of their outrage is completely lost on them after mocking us.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily steam has an option to compensate for review bombs now I think.
Yep, and it works pretty well for the most part. The thing is, I was always suspicious that the system might break in instances like this where the review bomb basically happens at launch and there is no time to pinpoint suspicious changes in review activity. It'll be interesting to see how it adjusts.

There are a whole bunch of people who use Steam.

But I don't need to tell you what group tend to be the loudest and the most childish.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I really like this response. I was originally going to buy the game on the PS4 when it released, then I abandoned that notion, now I am back on board. Especially since gaming's own little morons are throwing their little temper tantrum over a company trying to be less shit.

Probably a large section of it... We need to do our best to clean up the culture that surrounds games for that reason.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The hilarious irony of SQW gamers review bombing this game because of "outrage culture" and a game patching out homophobic language is not lost.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I just caught up with the news since I was busy most of yesterday, but I'm actually impressed with what they're doing to correct it. I loved DN3D, so I think this is something I might pick up once the patch hits.
The Trevor Project donation was a good call.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm trying to imagine being mad at the removal of dumbass homophobic 'jokes' and money being donated to a charity that helps stop kids killing themselves, but I just cannot conceive of how much of a bitter, twisted troglodyte you'd have to be to make any of that seem like something to be actually angry about.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I am so happy about this response, and seeing Terminix having to tell people that it's ok, that suddenly I feel like buying the game, when I didn't have any interest in it before.

Some companies might have told that person to never use the discord again, but in this case they had to go back and talk to the toxic users and explain the changes they are making and insist they are good changes to make.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh wow, that's actually pretty damn great statement from 3D Realms. Glad to see I was wrong to be doubtful this time. During the weekend I was thinking to myself what could/should they do, donation crossed my mind, but didn't think they would actually do it.
The hilarious irony of SQW gamers review bombing this game because of "outrage culture" and a game patching out homophobic language is not lost.
It's been bit farcical really, as I recall they originally got some flack for not having overtly sexualized female character. I think there were negative reviews because of that too, even though Voidpoint tried to convince people the character design wasn't tasteful for feminist reasons. Then this thread popped up, Voidpoint was suddenly really cool to these people and there were even complaints of "SJW:s" review bombing the game. "The hypocricy! Era always complains about review bombs!" (guilty as charged, I do complain) In truth there were only a handful of negative reviews because of the dev comments, no organized review bombing at all. But now when an apology was issued and offensive content got patched out, now there seems to be much bigger spike in the negative reviews.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Also now that this thread has largely played itself out I feel safer asking

Am I the only one who read the thread title as Ion Furry at first and was really confused for a second? I know my eyesight isn't the best and at first glance I thought wtf is going on. The game itself slipped under my radar since I am not a PC gamer at all.
This is what we call the "No Truce with the Furies" effect.

Oct 25, 2017
What a weird time when 3D Realms makes one of the most thoughtful responses to a social issue like this. Like, at breast I would've expected a "sorry you were offended" and boring more.
They did way more than fucking THQ did for something slightly less disgusting.

Whether or not the developers have actually learned anything from this remains to be seen obviously

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
So many of these shitwits are using the phrase "bend the knee".

It's seriously pathetic that they can't think of anything else to say.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Good on the devs (or publisher, whoever really) for apologising, doing something good and removing the in game instances of homophobia.

I'm shocked (ok, not shocked at all) that a bunch of whiny brats are review boming a game just because the publisher is taking action against trans and homophobia and that is apparently a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.