• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
What would you expect 3DR to do here?
And how do you know that none of the Remnant devs never said anything shitty? Or a game is good up until the point you learn that someone on the dev team is not a saint?

People aren't boycotting this game because they don't know what the devs said, they're doing so because they do know. We do with information what we are able to do.

Also, you don't need to be a saint to not be transphobic.

NathanS

Dec 5, 2017
Its darkly amusing this would be happening with a build engine game, because looking at the three games held up as that engine's best gives us Duke Nukem 3d and Shadow Warrior, and boy do I not need to pint how ugly those games can be, especially Shadow Warrior.

Blood manages to come out looking real good next to those two. Still has some "Voodoo = evil" but next to the others, its a saint.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Weird that "but what about the person that did these graphics or composed that music or etc., why are you punishing them??" never comes up for the trillion other reasons people make purchasing decisions, hey. Like, nobody ever says "why are you punishing Jenny in admin because the gunplay feels bad?" or "Why does Jimmy the janitor have to suffer because you don't like a game's monetisation model?" or "so the developers don't deserve to eat because you have no interest in that genre?", it's only when devs turn out to be bigots that they trot that out.

Yeah it's like I can forgive ignorance on some level because, like, ignorance in and of itself can be fixed. But these guys can't help themselves and it's clear they were just here to waste everyone's time with classic JAQing off

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Dissapointing, I was looking forward to this.

Oh well, there are plenty of fish in the sea!

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is anyone able to provide a list of who the offenders are here and which entities they represent? Is it mostly on the Voidpoint side or the 3DR side?

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
Is anyone able to provide a list of who the offenders are here and which entities they represent? Is it mostly on the Voidpoint side or the 3DR side?
It's entirely on the voidpoint side, everyone with a blue name in the discord pics are Voidpoint devs. Also before you try and get on their twitter, take a look at what the Voidpoint twitter follows:

Contact the people at 3D Realms if you're gonna contact anyone

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
jesus, that's awful.

any official statement from the devs or 3D realms yet outside of that short discord screenshot?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Damn, that blows. I was looking forward to this one too. I love Build games and I loved the idea of one being made in 2019. Now I guess I'll only touch it if it's ever on Humble.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
jesus, that's awful.

any official statement from the devs or 3D realms yet outside of that short discord screenshot?
Nope, and you'll notice Terminx has been strangely quiet despite constant interaction leading up to and after the release of this game. Also Hendricks266 has an account here and his account states he's been active on here recently, like less than hour ago, so they're aware of what's going on they're either just too scared to confront it or are just waiting for this to blow over. Thankfully word seems to be spreading and a ton of people have voiced that they won't buy the game despite previous interest.

Sleeps-Darkly

Aug 16, 2019
So. I've bought the game on Steam years ago, in March of 2018, in Early Access.

I have tried to request a refund, linking this thread in a request, and stated that the views of devs are at odds with my existence, blah blah.

My request got declined.

So, I guess I'm out of luck?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Mmmm, I never play on PC but this one was litteraly the only game on my steam wishlist. Sad.
Also, not surprised. Apart for 2 or 3 indie fighting game servers, every discord I tried, be it art, game dev or just regular general games servers are a hive of "anti sjw edgelord". And moderation is always on their side. Gamers are the worse crowd.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
This game is right up my alley and I will absolutely not be buying it, or watching that DF video on it or anything else having anything to do with it

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
Yo what the fuck that's another game I can't play. This really sucks too because there are so few games that let you play as a lady these days :c also the transphobic comments suck since I just wanna live my life being who I am without people bitching about me taking steps to be myself. Someone who is transitioning or transitioned ain't your business.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
So. I've bought the game on Steam years ago, in March of 2018, in Early Access.

I have tried to request a refund, linking this thread in a request, and stated that the views of devs are at odds with my existence, blah blah.

My request got declined.

So, I guess I'm out of luck?

I find that it is very difficult to get a refund if you violate 2 hours or 14 days owned.

For the King decided to add an EULA months after I bought the game and a month after "full release" from Early Access. I didn't agree to that EULA and Steam denied a refund, so my only remaining recourse was to permanently delete it from my library.

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
From a social justice angle, this game would normally be thematically a positive. Callback to Duke Nukem 3D but remove all the sexism from it. I guess that still has to be messed up somehow. Any excitement I had for the game is thoroughly turned down.

Phokal

Oct 25, 2017
WI
Thanks for the heads up, OP. I had no idea and had this wishlisted for awhile. Guess we'll see if anything happens...

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That deathgrip guy is a fucking piece of work.

Bunch of quality people! /s

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
"Some SJWs are dumb lol"

"Now come on guys. You gotta look at the context of the matter like an adult."

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Man fuck that shit, the game looked good and was going to buy it but thanks to these shitbags being upset by transgender people and using GG/alt right talking points, they're never going to see a cent from me.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine saying "SJW" or "REEE" seriously in your life and not instantly feeling a deep profound sense of "wait, what the fuck am I doing?" immediately afterwards.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a mess that dev is. This happens way too often in this industry. Just stop hating people for trying to exist in the world.

I wouldn't accept this game as a gift.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
If the context that is supposedly missing is so important, why don't they release the full log of comments that supposedly exonerates them?
Like I've said multiple times, I have included the following and preceeding context to the "Some SJWs are fucking crazy" statement. Plus this is a public discord, you can easily search up each picture I've provided and see the context for those. The only thing being hidden are Voidpoint's feelings and intentions.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely on the voidpoint side, everyone with a blue name in the discord pics are Voidpoint devs. Also before you try and get on their twitter, take a look at what the Voidpoint twitter follows:

Contact the people at 3D Realms if you're gonna contact anyone

The context argument from the devs is looking weaker and weaker as this stuff pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.