• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017

Like I've said multiple times, I have included the following and preceeding context to the "Some SJWs are fucking crazy" statement. Plus this is a public discord, you can easily search up each picture I've provided and see the context for those. The only thing being hidden are Voidpoint's feelings and intentions.
I'm sorry, but I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm responding to the devs acting like it's not a publically accessible Discord to verify what was written and that they could easily prove screenshotters were misleading people with the supposed rest of the comments if that suddenly made their hateful comments completely reasonable.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Well, my interest in this game has dropped to zero. Good job ruining any of your marketing Voidpoint by allowing your team to express such abhorrent views.

Time to tell my friends to avoid this game as well.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should take the Twitter account away from whoever has it. It's just making it worse.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Context" has long been abused by bigots as a magic word. It means whatever they want it to mean in order to gaslight ppl.

These fuckers are so simple.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, please enlighten us to this mysterious context we are somehow missing. It seems to obvious to you, why not share?

Wow so his argument is that consumers are the Fox News watchers if they shy away from devs that use alt right talking points and shit on trans. They're fascist shibags and intellectually dishonest to boot. No sale.

Yep. They're digging their hole astoundingly fast.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018

I'm sorry, but I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm responding to the devs acting like it's not a publically accessible Discord to verify what was written and that they could easily prove screenshotters were misleading people with the supposed rest of the comments if that suddenly made their hateful comments completely reasonable.

Oh no don't get the wrong idea, I'm agreeing with you. Did not at all intent to seem like I was correcting you or something.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
one of the worst things is when people conflate exposing Nazis and white supremacists with doxxing and harassment

Sleeps-Darkly

Aug 16, 2019
Please, don't try to stop them on Twitter with saying that they will get more ramifications in the future. Just... let them do it. Just let them learn by themselves when the reckoning arrives.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
There's enough games out there that I can buy without supporting shitty bigots like this. I'm always amazed at how casual they are about it and how surprised they are when they're called out. The amount of selfishness and lack of awareness is astounding.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me waiting for Voidpoint to explain the context that will absolve them

so5ya.jpg

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
The guy on twitter is acting like I've been trying to cherry pick words, and then proceeds to show full context when I already showed this in the opening posts.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Lol fuck off with your transphobic bs

I hope that it flops and that anyone associated who isnt garbage gets to work with actual decent people next time

Trans
Rights
Are
Human
Rights

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
If this was a case of the devs calling out bullshit you will see the game jump from "Overwhelmingly Positive" to "Mixed" in hours.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
This is shitty. The game seemed nice but their responses, especially from their account as the face of the company, are just shit and don't handle it well. No sale.

Also, I expect that they will play victim and say Era are the baddies in someway.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
This is Voidpoint (the developer), not 3DR (the publisher).

I guess I just mean anything associated with the Duke Nukem era is going to be like this. It doesn't have to be and not everyone is who made that stuff. I'm certainly exaggerating, but I just get this vibe. I fucking love that game so I don't have any weird beef with it or anything.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
While I do hate the whole concept of screenshotting discord channels as a means to show proof of something, to use as ammo for a mob, etc., ultimately what was said by the devs is inexcusable, and it's clear they have little or no remorse about it.

mod post - guidelines for thread

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
While we understand that a lot of this is playing out on social media, we do not need a play-by-play update every time someone tweets at them. Please post only important updates and avoid making the thread look like a twitter feed. A serious topic should be treated with appropriate solemnity.

OP
OP
Twenty5Thousand
Nov 4, 2018
Official Staff Communication
While we understand that a lot of this is playing out on social media, we do not need a play-by-play update every time someone tweets at them. Please post only important updates and avoid making the thread look like a twitter feed. A serious topic should be treated with appropriate solemnity.
Understood, everyone please no more twitter caps unless we get a statement about actions that will be taken

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Nevermind. They seem to just be saying they're bad at Twitter and don't use the account, which seems like a weak excuse to try to get the criticism to stop.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
My roomate is genuinely upset because he purchased waaay back in EA and has been denied a refund.
Anyone in same boat get a refund successfully?
He already explained his case and got denied

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the fact they're trying so hard to fight back. There's no way this could come back and bite them in the ass lol

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, and I was just telling a friend about this game. I was super hyped about this coming to Switch too :(

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey this is the first time I can legitimately say they lost a sale. Just updated the credit card to get the new Sims 4 DLC. Female protags are my shit and I am huge sucker of Doom/Duke/Blood.

Just like that, they lost my money,

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This is painful to watch. It can be so frustrating the way people like this play dumb when they're caught, and the lengths people will go to to give someone ""the benefit of the doubt"".

I feel thankful this game somehow completely passed by without me noticing.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
"context, witch hunt, sjws, rEE*setera, based" holy shit they couldn't be more fucking trasparent

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They keep stressing that we need to look at the full context and act like we have am agenda to destroy them by lying, yet they're cherry picking posts that make them look back so that they can play the victim and have the accusers look like scum.

Hmmmm.....

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I just fell on the follow button! What's a twitter, I don't even know how to at someone!
They're textbook examples of why you need a PR person on staff for any indie team if nobody on your current staff is good at it or how not being shitty people publicly online is the best PR you can have if you're bad at PR.

data

Oct 25, 2017
This is really unfortunate after all the positive things I've heard of the game

There's likely not going to be an official response. This'll most likely be swept under the rug

Status
Not open for further replies.