• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2018
Last night someone I knew who was following the community response to Ion Maiden's release showed me this image on their official discord server where it shows one of the devs, Mblackwell, using the term SJW derrogitorially and is followed by another dev saying some "SJWs are fucking nuts". Here is the full list of developers according to the discord plus the aforementioned screenshot. Please note the moderator is not part of the dev team.

After learning this I tried to share this within the topics concerning Ion Maiden but it seems to have been largely ignored. I don't want potential scumbags to be supported and decided to dig further into their discord. Here I found that some of the devs appear to be transphobic, with one of the lead developers saying "yeah if you're trying to decide your child is trans at birth you have mental problems and probably shouldn't be a parent imo" as well as another developer stating that he doubts that they're nothing mentally wrong with people who are trans.

Y'all can search these up yourselves, the discord is public so finding context isn't hard and there isn't a single case where these people are mocking these kind of statements. I firmly believe these scumbags should be outed and should not be supported. Which sucks because Ion Fury features a lead female hero with a badass design. By reaching out to 3D realms it may be possible to remove these individuals and make sure they don't infect other projects.

I will also showcase other things I've found in the following 2 posts.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Disgusting, but wrong forum :P

Edit: They could've chosen a more original name for their game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That last quote from the dev in the last image (about "not getting" why it's considered sexist to objectify female characters but not for women to dress the way they want) is pretty damn telling. Selfish, self-centered worldview.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
c0203342-d9c0-49d6-8zojsj.jpeg

102224325-brain.530x298.jpg

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That last quote from the dev in the last image (about "not getting" why it's considered sexist to objectify female characters but not for women to dress the way they want) is pretty damn telling. Selfish, self-centered worldview.

I mean what's the difference between created characters and real people really?

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying Bigotry
Remember guys that while he has some opinions you may or may not agree with, he has not hurt anybody, lets not transform this thread into a witch hunt

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
That's really unfortunate. I've heard how great the game is and was thinking about buying.

Maybe 3D Realms will make some statement.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. bought it yesterday from GMG, and because their support is shit, i wasn't able to refund it(wanted to buy in installments). will probably play it, but ffs these devs.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the game the other day and thought it looked interesting and was going to keep it on my radar.

But will never buy it now. I don't understand how someone can be so closed minded to people living different life styles than them. You don't have to like it just don't be a dick.

Also, the irony is lost on people complaining on the internet about how people are too sensitive and who complain too much. Ppl who miss this need some real self-reflection.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
User banned (5 days): thread whining, disingenuously misrepresenting another member. The topic creator was asked to make a thread by another poster in the game's OT.
Remember guys that while he has some opinions you may or may not agree with, he has not hurt anybody, lets not transform this thread into a witch hunt

i mean, the op of this thread literally made this thread because he didnt got his witch hunt in the game threads. He stated it in this op. He kept bringing this up, but the mobs werent forming. So he got ambitious and made a whole dedicated thread.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
What do you consider a witch hunt? This is just a PSA so that people who don't like transphobia can be informed in case they don't want to support Ion Maiden devs.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
This is incredibly disappointing and those statements are willfully stupid and horrible.

i mean, the op of this thread literally made this thread because he didnt got his witch hunt in the game threads. He stated it in this op. He kept bringing this up, but the mobs werent forming. So he got ambitious and made a whole dedicated thread.
You are talking absolute shit, unless you're claiming all those screens are faked.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean what's the difference between created characters and real people really?
Agency, for one thing.
Perpetuating an attitude that is hostile to people who are different from yourself does hurt people. It reinforces it when others do it and others who are impressionable can follow your example. Our standard shouldn't be "well this racist person hasn't set any crosses on fire so they're not that bad" doesn't work because they're promoting their attitude to others online and probably voting/donating to help those who are actively hurting minority communities.

Can't tell if both of you are serious. If you were joking then disregard!

Oct 25, 2017
People have a right to know that the team behind a product for sale has shitty views so they can decide whether or not to give those people their money.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Their official Discord is a hive of this shit lol. Seems obvious the company they like to keep.

ce81050c-f156-4f30-8ttjnd.jpeg

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. bought it yesterday from GMG, and because their support is shit, i wasn't able to refund it(wanted to buy in installments). will probably play it, but ffs these devs.
Yeah I don't think you have to feel bad about playing it if the money's already gone without a way to get it back, just unfortunate timing.

But wow, these Discord comments are baaaad. As other people have said here, one fewer game to think about buying.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

He's insinuating that people who are accept that being transgendered is a thing are mentally ill, and that transgendered people are mentally ill, and that it should disqualify them from being parents. If I said I think you are mentally ill for making that post and shouldn't have kids, are you going to tell me you don't feel insulted or hurt in any way?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't think you have to feel bad about playing it if the money's already gone without a way to get it back, just unfortunate timing.

But wow, these Discord comments are baaaad. As other people have said here, one fewer game to think about buying.
i mean, i feel bad either way. it's just that given what happened with the payment, ill probably end up playing it. i just wished i waited 1 day for to buy it. like, i'm doing a final paper, i wasn't even supposed to be buying games for 203 weeks.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Crock of shit kind of stuff here. These absolutely are hurtful actions and world views. Don't come in here trying to police the thread right off the bat.

Pointing out something someone did isn't a witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.