• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
So excited for this one. Need some more old school FPS action in my life

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Holy goodness, a true to return to form approaches! Super excited to get lost in the frenzied combat of yesteryear. This OT Mr. Tibbs is GOD TIER AWESOME!

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
That grenade gif brings to mind fond memories of crashing Blood on my family's Win95 PC because I'd enabled cheats and spent 20+ minutes coating the entire level in dynamite.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited to play the final version. I really liked the early demo.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I played through the preview campaign recently and it was pretty great, even liked the bonus 'infinite blowing balls, no other weapons mode' (good way to practice with them too)

Even the boss was pretty well designed, more interesting than pretty much any other build engine boss encounter

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I doubt this will surpass Sunder or SIGIL as my favorite thing of the year but it seems neat enough on it's own.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to this, Dusk and Amid Evil were great but this has always been the one I've been most interested and of course it's taken the longest time to come out.

Great OT as well!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
4fbWjop.jpg

I laughed. Thank you for this.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm not an FPS fan, but I loooove the classics, especially Duke 3D. Looking forward to this game and Wrath very much.

And I recently played through Duke 3D in Come Get Some difficulty for the first time (the same as the hardest difficulty, but without the respawning enemies) so I'm ready.

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck its out in 2 days? Finally get to play this (media blackout and didnt early access it, wanted to experience it with very little knowledge).

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
oh right and Prodeus is this year as well. what do you know there's actually some decent fps games nowadays. a shame about the last decade.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I hope they expand the "Queen of the Hill" mode. I spent several hours in it, but the last level had so much enemies that the game became unplayable. I wonder how much better the final version will run compared to the latest update (which is very old already).

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really hyped for this game, everything about it sounds amazing, probably my most anticipated game this year

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
Not digging the name change, but super excited to finally play the whole game after having the early access forever

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Hyped
Also the name Ion Maiden is better & im gonna still call it that, fuck the band for being salty about it.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Everyone knows helicopters are the most natural FPS bosses.

Judging from the launch trailer, there might be a gunship battle in this game... reminded me of Perfect Dark. But besides Half Life 2, I can't think any great helicopter battle. The one in the first Half Life for example was pretty forgettable. In Black Mesa it was better, but I wouldn't call it great.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Been looking forward to this since it was announced. This was developed by modders who used to just make stuff as passion projects.In this case the game is comprised of Duke4.net forum members and long time Build engine modders who were hand picked by 3D Realms. It's fucking cool to see.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Judging from the launch trailer, there might be a gunship battle in this game... reminded me of Perfect Dark. But besides Half Life 2, I can't think any great helicopter battle. The one in the first Half Life for example was pretty forgettable. In Black Mesa it was better, but I wouldn't call it great.

Half-Life succeeded where its bosses were more integrated into the story and environment than usual. Like the Blast Pit Tentacle sort of felt like a boss to me, as well as things like the Ichthyosaur and Helicopter encounters. They don't have health bars or boss music or anything, just strong and rare enemies presented in specific scenarios.