• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Yup. They could just call it "Obay" (as in "obey") for that 1984 feel, or "Obae" (i.e. "bae") for the anachronistic language use or something. Don't get me wrong: these puns are not especially funny, but they also literally took me 5 seconds to come up with as a non-native speaker, are not any dumber than "Ogay", and are completely devoid of any discriminatory undertone.

"Obay" is honestly pretty good, both as an anti-corporate/advertising (which works great with a female lead and potentially plays into her characterization) or like you said as anti-authoritarian.

If you want a fucking lame pun then just change it to `O-laid`. Still retains it's 'sex joke' and doesn't offend a particular group!

I dig this too.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still confused about wheher they're changing the joke or not. They keep saying the bottle itself is still in the game, but also

while also defending the original joke, so which one is it?

sape

Banned
Aug 27, 2019
I am sick and tired of racist dev's encouraging hatred and sexism! When will they learn jokes aren't OK no matter context?!
Definately won't buy this game (not like I ever wanted too lol).

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm still confused about wheher they're changing the joke or not. They keep saying the bottle itself is still in the game, but also

It's "we're not bowing to SJWs" and at the same time "we're not bigots, honestly"

Not a particularly good combination to be honest.

NintenGOAT

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
This game looks ok. Might buy it if I'm bored this weekend.

I wholeheartedly agree with their latest stance on censorship too. It's complete bullshit that fans think they can control content that other people are creating and do their best to have a bs image of the world that appeases to them presented to us.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. I would never buy something that presented people like myself in a negative light. I wouldn't speak on it to give it attention either.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

I wholeheartedly agree with their latest stance on censorship too. It's complete bullshit that fans think they can control content that other people are creating and do their best to have a bs image of the world that appeases to them presented to us.

If you don't like something, don't buy it. I would never buy something that presented people like myself in a negative light. I wouldn't speak on it to give it attention either.
It's bullshit to ask a developer not to use homophobic "jokes" now?

Use your real account, coward.
Why would they stand behind such a lame and blatant insensitive joke?
Because of people like the above. Apparently they're more important than those hurt by bigotry.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

Joined today.

You aren't smart dude.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

Coward

Vandal Deca

Oct 21, 2018

Seriously. Whoever is in charge of Voidpoint's Twitter account hasn't a clue how to do PR or even communicate effectively at a basic level. That we're all still this confused on exactly what they are changing in Ion Fury, if anything, is illustrative of how inept this guy is.

Oct 27, 2017

I bet you had to stop writing this from time to time just to dab and yell "GOTCHAAAAA!!!".

NintenGOAT

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
It's bullshit to ask a developer not to use homophobic "jokes" now?

Use your real account, coward.

Because of people like the above. Apparently they're more important than those hurt by bigotry.
This is my only account.

It's bullshit to stifle creative ventures because you personally can't handle it. That's eeriely similar to the book 1984.

And if anyone gets mad at any comment I make here and wants to call me a coward or any other sort of name calling I live two minutes away from Outlaw Boxing Gym in Tarzana. Show me how much of a coward I am.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for coming in here to show your ass off to everyone. I would ask if you even read the disgusting studio commentary in the discord logs, but we both know why you're really here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is my only account.

It's bullshit to stifle creative ventures because you personally can't handle it. That's eeriely similar to the book 1984.

And if anyone gets mad at any comment I make here and wants to call me a coward or any other sort of name calling I live two minutes away from Outlaw Boxing Gym in Tarzana. Show me how much of a coward I am.

Lmao

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
This is my only account.

I will be there in a minute, wait for me.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
This is my only account.

Lmfao this has to be a parody right? 😂

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This is my only account.

Haah waaw.

I hope this ends up referenced in future threads.

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
This is my only account.

My dad can beat up your dad

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Man... Just imagine how many time they must double and triple check under which account they are currently logged in before hitting the "Post Reply" button on the shit they just wrote on their alt account lol... Must be nerve-racking!

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Enlighten me as to why I'm really here. I'm doing the same as you and everyone else: Sharing my opinion on the topic.

Nothing strange about a new account from yesterday with less with than ten posts pushing a freeze peach narrative (newsflash, this isn't even censorship) while feigning ignorance of all the other facts surrounding the situation. Enjoy your brief stay here, I will be reporting you.

Oct 27, 2017
What's frustrating is that the people who are making the choices here want to portray themselves as having some kind of dignity. But the only thing that's happening here is a company breaking under the pressure of a review bomb. They're cowards.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This is my only account.

Holy shit. This post is amazing.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This is my only account.

I forget the other forum still monitors this forum like a pervert hiding in trees, trying to find any sort of entertainment they can through their binoculars and hoping for responses and reactions like a YouTuber catering to 10 year Olds.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
this last page

tenor.gif

NintenGOAT

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
How old are you? Your best rhetoric is seriously "Fight me IRL"?

I'm 30. Like I said, where I'm from, if you call someone a coward and they call you out, you better show them that they're cowards.

That's why talking on the internet sucks, because the lot of you say things to people on here you wouldn't even think of in their presence. Simply because noone can truly check you for saying something out of pocket.

Crazy thing is I didn't even say anything disparaging about the LBGT at all.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
This is my only account.

Punching people. The true way of discerning the presence or absence of cowardice.

I'm very impressed.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 30. Like I said, where I'm from, if you call someone a coward and they call you out, you better show them that they're cowards.

That's why talking on the internet sucks, because the lot of you say things to people on here you wouldn't even think of in their presence. Simply because noone can truly check you for saying something out of pocket.

Crazy thing is I didn't even say anything disparaging about the LBGT at all.

People all willy nilly with the name calling until someone invites them to a friendly sparring match lmfao

You're actually in here threatening to assault others for disagreeing with you. You are a coward.