• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/31/apple-releases-ios-11-1-with-new-emoji/

Short list of changes:
3D Touch app switcher is back.
Reachability is fixed.
KRACK WiFi vulnerability is fixed.
Performance is snappier.
Battery life is better.
New emoji added.

Apple hasn't included a fix for the calculator bug in 11.1, but it is corrected in the 11.2 dev beta. 11.2 should be out before the HomePod (December), for those keeping track. Apple Pay and iCloud iMessage sync are still MIA.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck does "battery life has recovered" mean? Is it finally safe to update to iOS11?
Yeah. Supposed to be a big improvement in battery life over 11.0.3.

One YouTube channel had a timer going while leaving three devices running on 0.3 and .1. Each device lasted much longer with 11.1 with the 8+ lasting 3+ hours longer.

Oct 27, 2017
We have another thread on this, but I'll ask it here: anyone know why the patch notes say the Wifi fix is only for newer devices? None of my devices are included, which is worrying...

bobloblaw1983

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a known bug that deals with the VPN toggle in settings? My sis is having an issue where toggling it off disconnects WiFi but then it toggles itself back on automatically. She doesn't have a VPN at all though so it should always be off. Any help would be appreciated.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Supposed to be a big improvement in battery life over 11.0.3.

One YouTube channel had a timer going while leaving three devices running on 0.3 and .1. Each device lasted much longer with 11.1 with the 8+ lasting 3+ hours longer.

Well that's promising. The battery life on my new 8+ wasn't even matching my year-old 7+ (on iOS10).

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This better fucking fix my iPad issue of the Smart Keyboard not working. I'm sick and tired of having to restart the iPad every time this arbitrarily happens.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where the battery life got fixed because mine is still not doing that great. Oh well.

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The article doesn't mention anything about battery life fixes. Is that confirmed somewhere else?

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I'm so excited for the T Rex and the Monocle Emoji's. lol.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah not sure how true the battery thing is.

I still see a lot of graphical glitches but it's a lot better than 11.0.3. I read that 11.2 beta already showing a lot of performance improvements so looking forward to more refinements.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
It's identical to beta 5 for anyone who's been on the beta channel and can't see the update.

I've been trying it out on my iPhone 6 and it's a nice speed improvement on iOS 11. But I didn't have the severe problems like some seemed to.

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good!!
iOS 11 was such a POS, but I've been on the 11.1 beta for a while, and it feels like it should again. Less buggy, and much much faster.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
The article doesn't mention anything about battery life fixes. Is that confirmed somewhere else?

Yeah not sure how true the battery thing is.

I still see a lot of graphical glitches but it's a lot better than 11.0.3. I read that 11.2 beta already showing a lot of performance improvements so looking forward to more refinements.

Some screens I grabbed from a video comparing battery life on the 7+ on 11.0.3 (left) and 11.1 (right).

SyHICdtQQuej4AGkKNvTdw.png
UfJUKxo0R42YzQjZpHok2g.png

The difference is even bigger for the 6+ and 8+.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Battery life is indeed better from my experience with the beta.

3D app switcher is also way smoother than before, it's great to use.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Well see how much better it is, got usually 3-4 hours playing a bit of Pokémon go (30-45 minutes), a bit of YouTube and a lot of safari. With power save mode I get nearly double

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, this finally fixed the bizarre stutter I would see whenever I opened Safari on a new iPad Pro.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this gets rid of the slight delay when hitting the home button I currently have on my 8 Plus.

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping the battery improvements are decent as recently since getting an Apple Watch my battery on my 6s plus has gone from 90-30% in the space of an hour train journey!

Also having never used the 3D Touch app switcher I'm looking forward to giving it a go after all the uproar that it was removed.

Tawney Bomb

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Updated while I was at work and have noticed my 6+ is much more responsive. No more hanging when switching apps or screens.

Pepiope

Oct 25, 2017
Well see how much better it is, got usually 3-4 hours playing a bit of Pokémon go (30-45 minutes), a bit of YouTube and a lot of safari. With power save mode I get nearly double
Were you able to use Pokemon Go with low power mode? For me the GPS stops tracking if I tried. Dunno what's wrong.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
been on the beta for this one for a while and while it is snappier than 11, battery life is still no where near acceptable on my 7. i can't get through a day without charging the phone twice, and i'm not really a heavy user, some browsing, maybe an hour of gaming and an hour of twitter/insta. 10.3.3 was MUCH better.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Were you able to use Pokemon Go with low power mode? For me the GPS stops tracking if I tried. Dunno what's wrong.

Yes and no. Sometimes I can play the game for 30 minutes straight without the GPS stops tracking my position and sometimes it happens frequently and I need to restart the app several times in a row.

I wonder if iOS 11 broke something with Pokemon Go's comparability to run in low power mode, I get some major frame rate hits sometimes