• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me know if you pull the trigger on this. I'm looking to do the same since my battery life is still bad.
i'm on 11.2 beta 1 now, and battery life has been amazing. well maybe amazing because i'm used to shitty battery life for so long now. i had to charge my battery twice daily (sometimes three), but now i charge overnight and at the end of the day i have 10% or so left.
really tho it's not really a consistent thing with this updates. it makes no sense but on the same phone and the same version of ios some people get good battery life and some people's batteries drain super fast.

Svadhyaya

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i'm on 11.2 beta 1 now, and battery life has been amazing. well maybe amazing because i'm used to shitty battery life for so long now. i had to charge my battery twice daily (sometimes three), but now i charge overnight and at the end of the day i have 10% or so left.
really tho it's not really a consistent thing with this updates. it makes no sense but on the same phone and the same version of ios some people get good battery life and some people's batteries drain super fast.

Looks like I'm updating then. Thanks for the feedback

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I have an 8+ and it was fine up until this latest firmware. Now my battery life is noticeably worse. What a mess.

Last edited:

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The intelligent silence-removing feature has saved me, no exaggeration, 78 hours of silences.

And the only time the silence-removal is actually noticible is the way it fucks up the rhythm of interstitial music if the music has silences in it, lol. Personally I usually find that amusing/interesting, though I've been meaning to send a feature request to Marco for him to add some kind of FFT bin process that evaluates the harmonic/frequency content of what's playing and stops cutting down the silences if what's playing registers as music.
Interesting, just migrated. Will try it out.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Anyone else dealing with weird/bad predictive text in iOS 11? I'm using an iPhone 6S. Googled the issue but only found one other person with the problem and no one helped him.

Here are some recent examples I've dealt with. I go to type "same" and when I get to "sam" the first suggestion is Samantha. I've never typed Samantha. I don't have any contacts named Samantha. I don't KNOW any Samanthas. Why does this appear before "same"? Another one is when I recently went to type "constant" and it only offered me "constantly" and "constants". While it's possible that I've used "constantly" enough that it wants to suggest that, why "constants" as the second suggestion? I've never used that (and this post doesn't count since I'm typing it on my PC). It does this for numerous other words as well.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't update, imo.My battery has gone to shit since I updated to iOS 11.
Thanks!

I didn't update and my 6's battery has gotten pretty shit this month too. Just a reminder that these phones are old and dying now, regardless of what OS you're on.
Mine is still ok, thankfully. Not 100% what it used to be, but very manageable. I'll probably have to upgrade within the year, though.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting the issue where "I" intermittently shows up as "A?" or something to that effect?

I googled and searched twitter but it's kinda hard to search for that problem and get relevant results.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someone here will know.

I'm listening to a podcast via usb audio in the car while Apple Maps is navigating. As soon as Maps speaks a turn, it pauses the podcast but will not resume it.

Is there a way for it to pause, speak the directions, and then resume the podcast on its own?

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting the issue where "I" intermittently shows up as "A?" or something to that effect?

I googled and searched twitter but it's kinda hard to search for that problem and get relevant results.
yeah lots of people are, myself included.

i turned off the auto correct feature, i guess there's a way to change the predictive text for I too

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody use an FM Trasmitter with their iPhone?

After updating to 11.1 last night my transmitter is now outputting sounds with a tinny/robot quality to the sound.

Everything was working fine yesterday prior to updating.

EDIT - And now it's all working fine again, weird! This morning I tried everything from changing all the cables, rebooting my phone, changing the frequency. Now it's all good...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Maybe someone here will know.

I'm listening to a podcast via usb audio in the car while Apple Maps is navigating. As soon as Maps speaks a turn, it pauses the podcast but will not resume it.

Is there a way for it to pause, speak the directions, and then resume the podcast on its own?

Third party podcast app? This happens sometimes but for any interruption (just as videos on mobile).

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Man I thought Krack was fixed in iOS already.

Oh I see, only iPhone 8 was vulnerable anyways apparently.

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out why my Bluetooth keeps turning itself on. Turning WiFi and Bluetooth OFF from the control center doesn't actually turn them off. Apple are actually calling this a feature. UUUUGGHHH

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else still have an ever so slight delay on the home button press for iPhones? On an 8 Plus and it is ever so subtle. Maybe it's a product of 3D Touch, but it feels slightly less snappy than my iPad.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else's phone get really hot with iOS 11? If I use pretty much any app for 'too' long my phone (iPhone 7) heats up to the point I almost can't touch it. I spoke with my mum recently and hers (iPhone 6+) does the same thing on iOS 11. I don't feel comfortable having my phone get super hot all the time.

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason Safari is killing my battery.Any suggestions?

8MI938Q.png

EIGHTVEE

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone else had Picture in Picture mode stop working on one of the previous betas, it's working now on my iPad Pro with 11.2.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, 11.1 updte. No difference on battery. About 8-8h30 before recharging. Lost about 2 hours since 11....

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
The WPA krack frustrates me because I didn't WANT to go and update my iPhone and especially my iPad in case performance took a hit or lose access to the 32-bit games... but what choice do I have now? Sigh.